Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | Next > | Last >
OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #22166316 - 08/30/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
They didn't used to allow blacks to compete with whites which explains that. Segregation and all.

Good point. Then they went straight up in the charts, because of all the pent up rage from centuries of abuse! lmao

"What? I get to hit whitey!?!" :O

I get it. I get it.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #22166555 - 08/30/15 08:43 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Bal your own quote says "generally supports" that theory so net even all the scientists are on board with it. I never said all humans originated in Europe, but we see that the Neanderthals and cro magnons did.

Not all scientists agree with anything, but a large majority of them do and you still haven't provided any actual evidence to the contrary.

Are you using the term human to refer to modern humans (Homo sapiens sapiens) or members of the genus Homo? It seems that you are arguing the latter, which if that's the case, isn't a very controversial position. Everyone agrees that some Homo species originated outside of Africa, but the evidence points to those species not being the ancestors of modern humans.

Quote:

Another thing we don't know is if all African early hominids were black. They may have had a good bit of hair still. Are monkeys black? We do know that Africans today seem to have more talent in the physical area and less in the mental area and emotional control. How many scientists are black? How many boxing champions are white?

Monkey's are not relevant, apes are, and apes do have pigmented skin.

Can you please provide a source for Africans having less mental capabilities and emotional control?

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #22166993 - 08/30/15 10:13 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

If they interbred with other, shall we say, phenotypes of humans then they are our ancestors too. My theory is humans arose on many continents, not at the exact same time but around the same time give or take a few tens of thousands of years. So each phenotype had the same lineage as the ones on other continents but since they were separated, they did not mix. Later they did mix.

So someone analyzing the dna would see that Neanderthal, for example, had the same ancestor as African humans. That lead them to believe the Africans were the original source and Neanderthal was a mutation from African stock. But you could look at the same data and say the Neanderthals or some other group were the originals that Africans came from.  This is one reason there is controversy.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

#22167102 - 08/30/15 10:48 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
If they interbred with other, shall we say, phenotypes of humans then they are our ancestors too. My theory is humans arose on many continents, not at the exact same time but around the same time give or take a few tens of thousands of years. So each phenotype had the same lineage as the ones on other continents but since they were separated, they did not mix. Later they did mix.

So someone analyzing the dna would see that Neanderthal, for example, had the same ancestor as African humans. That lead them to believe the Africans were the original source and Neanderthal was a mutation from African stock. But you could look at the same data and say the Neanderthals or some other group were the originals that Africans came from.  This is one reason there is controversy.

I'm still confused about your argument. Does "human" in your argument refer to Homo sapiens sapiens, or any species of the genus Homo? Because humans did arise on many continents, but modern humans likely originated in Africa and only Africa.

Neanderthals originated in Europe at approximately the same time as anatomically modern humans originated in Africa. Of course they shared a recent common ancestor. The most recent common ancestor of Neanderthals and Homo sapiens was likely Homo heidelbergensis, some 350,000 years ago. You are incorrect in saying that Neanderthals are considered a mutation from the African stock, because neither group came from the other. That is to say, Neanderthals are not a mutation of Homo sapiens, and vice-versa.

Instead, Homo sapiens evolved in Africa and spread out into Europe. There they encountered and bred with Neanderthals, which is how Neanderthal genes got into our genome. However, the Neanderthals then died out around 40,000 years ago, while Homo sapiens (who likely originated in Africa) survived and became modern humans.

And you didn't answer my question. Can you provide a source that shows that Africans have fewer mental capabilities and emotional control? Thanks.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#22167183 - 08/30/15 11:15 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, a lot of stuff you're saying just sounds like a way to justify your racism or your bias.

Quote:

And you didn't answer my question. Can you provide a source that shows that Africans have fewer mental capabilities and emotional control? Thanks.

I would also like to know any evidence, as it seems like your making some of this stuff up.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #22167915 - 08/31/15 07:14 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

All you can come up with is stuff like "likely" and "evidence points to" and so on. Scientists are not in agreement on what you are saying.

Very few scientists or mathematicians are black. Is that a coincidence only? Or will you spin some story about how its all due to prejudice? Most boxing champions have been black since they were allowed to compete with whites. Is that a coincidence too? Different races have different strengths and weaknesses, why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Of course the sheep  will bleat "racism" if anyone mentions it but the facts are plain to see.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: qman]
    #22167965 - 08/31/15 07:36 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Coincidentiaoppositorum said:
...just a question for those who dislike obama:

Do you remember what life was like during the W. Bush years?

Do you see how much things have improved? Specifically with the economy...

I'm not an Obama supporter, and I dislike most politicians regardless, but I also was able too see the wreck the W. Bush left for Obama to clean up, and the fact that we came out of that recession was a miracle...all presidents do fucked up things, but honestly, all I've seen happen while Obama was in office was the economy improved and Americans obtained health insurance...so what if I dislike the guy, life is a billion times better under Obama than it was under W. Bush...

"all I've seen happen while Obama was in office was the economy improved"

It's improved for the very wealthy, today we have the largest income and wealth inequality in 80 years.

The jobs that have been created are all low paying and many are just part time jobs, college graduates are loaded with debt with little hope, we have more people on food stamps, and labor participation is at a 40 year low.

"Americans obtained health insurance"

More people now have a $5000 detectable with a 60/40 hospital payment, it's health coverage in name only, the ACA is a complete disaster that will be recognized down the road.

Yeah, it's still a mess, but it's a million times better than it was in the W. Bush days...

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#22168008 - 08/31/15 07:53 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
>Do you see how much things have improved? Specifically with the economy...

No I don't. You are trying to tell us the economy is doing much better than under shrub? In what way? The employment figures are an exercise in fudging the facts and bring to mind the saying about the 3 biggest lies. Someone with a part time job is considered employed and those who gave up looking for work because they couldn't find any are not counted.

>I'm not an Obama supporter

Most left wing obumble supporters say that.

>Neanderthals were not a proto-human, they were an independent genetic line

So they were just monkeys? They were humans who arose independently of other lines much like the cro magnon. Just because many scientists put forward a certain theory does not make it correct and the claim that all humans are traced to one origin is very doubtful given the evidence.

cro magnon WAS a proto-human, Neanderthals are a separate line.

Discovered in 1868, Cro-Magnon 1 was among the first fossils to be recognized as belonging to our own species—Homo sapiens. -humanorigins.edu

Neanderthals were a separate evolution of a humanoid being.

The point was being to demonstrate that most Europeans have Neanderthal genetics in the DNA, specially those living in northern Italy and central Germany. Africans and Asians do not have Neanderthal DNA in their genetic sequence, this has been proven, it's not speculation.

And as for your comments on the economy, yes, it's much better than under George W. Bush, the recession did not begin to improve until he left office.

I don't see my self as left or right wing, I examine each situation objectively and assess it free from political filters, sometimes I agree more with the right, sometimes more with the left...It's this need to permanently define you political views by conforming to a party's agenda and beliefs that are preventing people from rationally solving these problems...things are not black or white and I am not right or left.

-E. Borodin

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #22168061 - 08/31/15 08:16 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

>And as for your comments on the economy, yes, it's much better than under George W. Bush, the recession did not begin to improve until he left office.

You have got to be kidding me. The recession didn't even start until obumble took over. I don't blame him for it but I do blame him for the lousy recovery. More people are on food stamps today than ever before and more people are underemployed than ever before. Labor force participation is at its lowest rate since the 40's. You call that a "million times better"??? Its not better at all, its worse.

>Discovered in 1868, Cro-Magnon 1 was among the first fossils to be recognized as belonging to our own species—Homo sapiens. -humanorigins.edu

>Neanderthals were a separate evolution of a humanoid being.

>The point was being to demonstrate that most Europeans have Neanderthal genetics in the DNA, specially those living in northern Italy and central Germany. Africans and Asians do not have Neanderthal DNA in their genetic sequence, this has been proven, it's not speculation.

Separate species can not interbreed, therefore, Neanderthal just like cro magnon was human and bred with other strains of human. So many people read something somewhere and just accept it as the truth without question. I encourage everyone to examine the evidence yourself, in all cases, not just what we are talking about.

Human arose on separate continents, later, Africans came over and mixed with European genes and perhaps vice versa.

--------------------

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

#22168065 - 08/31/15 08:19 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Stonehenge said:

As long as we're talking about humans and as long as this same lineage is a human from Africa most of what you said was correct.  I'd swap arose for migrated. 

We had a common African ancestor.  Some of us migrated to other parts of the world.  Different phenotypes were expressed.  That's all strongly supported by the evidence.

Quote:

So someone analyzing the dna would see that Neanderthal, for example, had the same ancestor as African humans.

This is true.  We do share an ancestor with Neanderthals.  We could think of them like cousins.  We haven't confirmed who this ancestor was but again we think this common pre-human ancestor lived in Africa.  Paleontologists are doing a lot of gene sequencing on African fossils in hopes of finding this ancestor.

Quote:

That lead them to believe the Africans were the original source and Neanderthal was a mutation from African stock. But you could look at the same data and say the Neanderthals or some other group were the originals that Africans came from.  This is one reason there is controversy.

Aside from this sentence not making much sense...  can you link scientific controversy supporting what you just said?  Because this argument sounds like it stems from a lack of understanding of modern genetics and not a scientific position.

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Separate species can not interbreed, therefore....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_striped_bass

Edited by paperbackwriter (08/31/15 08:29 AM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #22168094 - 08/31/15 08:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Are you faggots still arguing about Neanderthals? Jesus Christ. :facepalm:

Some Trump-related, coincidentally thread-related, news:

Here's a great article about how Trump is basically the Joker to the GOP's Gotham:

Politico

Also, semi-related: Bush lost a few donors earlier. Fucking Ben Carson is the second highest polling GOP nominee. This election cycle is turning out to be a god damn gold mine of entertainment.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #22168103 - 08/31/15 08:32 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

pbw, your post is full of theories which have not been proven. Separate species do not interbreed, some very closely related ones may to a limited degree like horses and mules producing donkeys which are sterile. That is not the case with descendants of Neanderthal or cro magnon. Just because something is written in a book does not make it a fact. Scientists are not in agreement on what you say.

--------------------

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

#22168119 - 08/31/15 08:39 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
pbw, your post is full of theories which have not been proven. Separate species do not interbreed, some very closely related ones may to a limited degree like horses and mules producing donkeys which are sterile. That is not the case with descendants of Neanderthal or cro magnon. Just because something is written in a book does not make it a fact. Scientists are not in agreement on what you say.

Theory doesn't mean best guess.  It means a well tested hypothesis strongly supported by evidence.

:havesomescience:

Very closely related is exactly what I've been trying to explain to you.

If they don't agree supply a link.

Trump looks like a baboon but Elastic is right, your racism isn't what this thread is about.

--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #22168148 - 08/31/15 08:51 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

I'm not an Obama supporter, and I dislike most politicians regardless, but I also was able too see the wreck the W. Bush left for Obama to clean up, and the fact that we came out of that recession was a miracle...all presidents do fucked up things, but honestly, all I've seen happen while Obama was in office was the economy improved and Americans obtained health insurance...so what if I dislike the guy, life is a billion times better under Obama than it was under W. Bush...

It's improved for the very wealthy, today we have the largest income and wealth inequality in 80 years.

The jobs that have been created are all low paying and many are just part time jobs, college graduates are loaded with debt with little hope, we have more people on food stamps, and labor participation is at a 40 year low.

More people now have a $5000 detectable with a 60/40 hospital payment, it's health coverage in name only, the ACA is a complete disaster that will be recognized down the road.

Yeah, it's still a mess, but it's a million times better than it was in the W. Bush days...

-E. Borodin

"it's a million times better than it was in the W. Bush days..."

Nope, we just hit the same number of jobs as we did in 2007 and now it's 8 years later, when we take into account population growth, the job market has moved backwards.  Also, the quality of jobs has degraded in the past 8 years, more part time and lower paying.

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: qman]
    #22168152 - 08/31/15 08:53 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

#22169187 - 08/31/15 01:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
All you can come up with is stuff like "likely" and "evidence points to" and so on. Scientists are not in agreement on what you are saying.

Scientists very rarely, almost never, talk in absolutes. That's why terms like likely and suggests are used. Most, not all, scientists agree that modern humans originated in Africa and you still haven't been able to provide any evidence to the contrary. So instead, I'll ask what aspect of the Out of Africa theory do you think you can disprove and can you provide some evidence?

Quote:

Very few scientists or mathematicians are black. Is that a coincidence only? Or will you spin some story about how its all due to prejudice? Most boxing champions have been black since they were allowed to compete with whites. Is that a coincidence too? Different races have different strengths and weaknesses, why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Of course the sheep  will bleat "racism" if anyone mentions it but the facts are plain to see.

Different races could certainly have strengths and weaknesses, you are wrong to assume that I am opposing your position and accusing you of racism.

I am, however, asking for evidence to support your position, because I like to have data as opposed to making assumptions. By the way, all of that "evidence" you provided is very weak because it doesn't control for other variables such as socioeconomic standing, cultural preferences, etc. Therefore it is impossible to know if the effect is due to race, or a mix of other factors.

I'll ask a little more directly: do you have evidence that race is often a determining factor in a persons mental and emotional capabilities?

Quote:

Human arose on separate continents, later, Africans came over and mixed with European genes and perhaps vice versa.

This is absolutely correct. However, the anatomically modern humans are the ones that originated in Africa. All other species in the genus Homo went extinct. Therefore, our direct ancestors came from Africa. At least, that is how the evidence is presently interpreted by a majority of the scientific community.

--------------------

Edited by BoldAsLove (08/31/15 01:36 PM)

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#22173120 - 09/01/15 09:10 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Separate species can not interbreed, therefore, Neanderthal just like cro magnon was human and bred with other strains of human. So many people read something somewhere and just accept it as the truth without question. I encourage everyone to examine the evidence yourself, in all cases, not just what we are talking about.

Horses and donkeys are different species, yet they can breed to make a mule. Hybrids between different species within the same genus are in no way impossible.

Neanderthals were similar enough for interbreeding, but arose as a separate line.

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#22173169 - 09/01/15 09:21 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Hybrids between different species within the same genus are in no way impossible.

You breed a horse and a donkey to produce a mule, these are two different species in the same genus interbreeding.

It happens with other species and their offspring are not always sterile...polar bears and grizzly bears can interbreed and their off spring are not sterile.

If the common ancestor is close enough two different species can breed with fertile offspring, such as is the case with the grizzly and polar bear interbreeding.

We were able to interbreed with Neanderthals, which were a different species, but had a recent enough common ancestor for interbreeding.

Why can some interbreeding species produce fertile offspring, while others—like horses and donkeys—cannot?

Because they have more recent common ancestry. When geographical barriers—such as rising sea levels or retracting ice floes—separate populations, they may develop genetic, physiological, or behavioral differences; changes in chromosome structure or number; differently shaped genitalia; or incompatible mating times and rituals—any of which can prevent successful reproduction. Take horses and donkeys, which probably diverged about 2.4 million years ago. Horses have 64 chromosomes, while donkeys have 62, and when they mate, their chromosomes don't pair up properly, inhibiting meiosis in their offspring. As a result, mules are sterile. Brown bears and polar bears, by contrast, evolved from the same ancestor only about 150,000 years ago—a relatively brief period—and have not developed significant genetic differences.-Qouted from http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/05/pizzly_bears.html

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#22173266 - 09/01/15 09:47 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

-E. Borodin

"it's a million times better than it was in the W. Bush days..."

Nope, we just hit the same number of jobs as we did in 2007 and now it's 8 years later, when we take into account population growth, the job market has moved backwards.  Also, the quality of jobs has degraded in the past 8 years, more part time and lower paying.

It's funny how quickly people forget...

I've never seen things as bad as they were during the W. Bush days economically, there was also a mortgage crisis, so a good deal of people's homes got foreclosed on during this recession...
Things may not be perfect now, but during the W. Bush years EVERYBODY was hit hard, you couldn't go out in public without people complaining about recession, it seemed like everybody's money disappeared simultaneously, and I saw more people hit harder by the economy during the Bush years than I do for the Obama years, now I see these same people who went broke under W. Bush living a decent life under Obama...

Things are still pretty bad, but I think it's funny how right wingers can so quickly forget how bad things actually were then...

Again
Quote:

I don't see my self as left or right wing, I examine each situation objectively and assess it free from political filters, sometimes I agree more with the right, sometimes more with the left...It's this need to permanently define you political views by conforming to a party's agenda and beliefs that are preventing people from rationally solving these problems...things are not black or white and I am not right or left. -E. Borodin

I'm not an Obama supporter, and I'm not saying things are economically perfect, but look at what Sam Brownback did to Kansas, schools closed early, they could not pave their streets, poor family's lost their welfare, and Kansas had to borrow money from neighboring states, right wing economic policy will destroy this country, while at least it's been improving under the democrats model, Paul Ryan's "path to prosperity" is a path to economic ruin, class inequality, and social breakdown. The rights methods for economy improvement involve cutting all social and public programs, they want everything to be privatised, they want to increase military budget, tax cuts for the rich tax increase on everybody else, and these taxes that are collected are not intended fir public schools, public roads, welfare,etc...

I don't see the rights plan to fix the economy as being viable or even realistic...

Things are still bad, and the democrats don't have all the answers either, but there's now way you will convince me that things are worse now than they were under W. Bush, and if they are not worse, than they have improved, yes?

-E. Borodin

Offlineqman
Stranger

#22173334 - 09/01/15 10:06 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You're caught up in the R vs D nonsense and trying to correlate it to economic performance, you're wasting your time.

I'm not a "right winger" or a Republican supporter, I despise them just as much as the D's and their hypocrisy. 

I study economics and markets, I don't give a fuck who's in office, I'm just telling you the deal.

Here's question, has Obama even governed as a liberal Democrat?  The answer is clearly NO, so why are you suggesting there's some type of difference?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains