Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: spock]
    #21971320 - 07/20/15 03:40 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

>at least I'm not whining about shit that does not exist

Yes you are

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespock
journeyman
Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21971582 - 07/20/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
>at least I'm not whining about shit that does not exist

Yes you are

No, you started this butthurt troll of a post. I'm still wondering how you know so much about my life. That's a lie I know exactly why you think you know so much about me. I don't see other black people here. So here you are on a predominately white forum complaining about "black privilege". lol. You know your racist bullshit is offensive but you think it's cool to hang here and spew hate. Here troll, eat.

OfflineLove_spirit
Circle Of Power
 User Gallery

#21971620 - 07/20/15 04:49 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I have always felt an equality when dealing with people of all races, ages, and gender. I believe in kindness.:sun:

Why are blacks in the USA so much more likely to commit a violent crime?
Why is Africa so underdeveloped?
Why is Iceland so peaceful?
Is affirmative action racist discrimination posing as a cure for racist discrimination?
is there a such thing as a loving, peaceful white supremacist?:tongue:

Anyone have any good links dealing with the first question, why the violence/murder rate is what it is?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: Love_spirit]
    #21971922 - 07/20/15 05:49 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Love_spirit said:
I have always felt an equality when dealing with people of all races, ages, and gender. I believe in kindness.:sun:

Why are blacks in the USA so much more likely to commit a violent crime?
Why is Africa so underdeveloped?
Why is Iceland so peaceful?
Is affirmative action racist discrimination posing as a cure for racist discrimination?
is there a such thing as a loving, peaceful white supremacist?:tongue:

Anyone have any good links dealing with the first question, why the violence/murder rate is what it is?

Mentioning the truth causes the usual suspects to accuse you of racism and hate. They know they have a gravy train and don't want it derailed.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: spock]
    #21972146 - 07/20/15 06:25 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

spock said:
Quote:

Die-Commie said:
Whites get the presumption of guilt, blacks get the benifit of the dobut.  That is a privilege they enjoy by virtue of being black.

Blacks getting "benifit of dobut" while whites are presumed guilty is just backwards.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/blacks-disproportionately-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-pinellas/2199728

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/18/ferguson-black-arrest-rates/19043207/

I think your posts substantiate my claim.  You and those authors are giving blacks the benefit of the doubt by implying that all other things are equal and these statistics must be the product of racism.  There is some doubt about why these statistics are this way, you and the authors choose to give them the benefit of that doubt.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21972249 - 07/20/15 06:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Crime is the product of poverty, not skin color, you silly assholes:

Quote:

Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Quote:

"Poor two-parent families were about twice as likely to break up as were two-parent families not in poverty,"

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/15/us/poverty-termed-a-divorce-factor.html

The violent crime rate in highly disadvantaged Black areas was 22 per 1,000 residents, not much different from the 20 per 1,000 rate in similar white communities.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/badcomm.htm

Quote:

Pew Research Center reported that the median white household was worth $141,900, 12.9 times more than the typical black household, which was worth just $11,000.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/12/15/the_black_white_wealth_gap_it_s_bigger_than_you_even_think.html

Quote:

In 1954, the earliest year for which the Bureau of Labor Statistics has consistent unemployment data by race, the white rate averaged 5% and the black rate averaged 9.9%. Last month, the jobless rate among whites was 6.6%; among blacks, 12.6%. Over that time, the unemployment rate for blacks has averaged about 2.2 times that for whites.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/21/through-good-times-and-bad-black-unemployment-is-consistently-double-that-of-whites/

Now, I know how much you folks like defending your racism. I've clearly outlined for you why this is not a race issue but a poverty issue. If you want to cling to your fucked up Southern redneck value system (The one that causes you to troll my ratings with lies) go right on ahead. I just wanted you to see that the facts are not on your side.

As far as affirmative action: This is a measure that our society has taken to lift the people who have been subjected to mistreatment for a century out of poverty. Those people happen to be impoverished due to the societies attitude toward them, which is based on race, therefore the solution is also based on race. How could it not be?

We need to lift people out of poverty if we ever hope to reduce crime rates.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21972282 - 07/20/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Those people happen to be impoverished due to the societies attitude toward them, which is based on race, therefore the solution is also based on race. How could it not be?

Why do you discount the broken families and entitlement culture?  You are begging the question.  They are impoverished due to their personal and family culture, ethics and beliefs.  That is why blacks who migrate here from real poverty in Africa do well compared to blacks born into relative poverty here in the US.  Its not race, its culture, belief and ethics.

Again, you are giving them the benefit of the doubt.  That is a privilege they enjoy.  The failures of a black man are owned by society, his successes are personal triumphs.  The failures of a white man in spite of all all his "white privilege" must mean he is a real piece of shit, his success are owned by society that gave it to him.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: DieCommie]
    #21972405 - 07/20/15 07:13 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Those people happen to be impoverished due to the societies attitude toward them, which is based on race, therefore the solution is also based on race. How could it not be?

Why do you discount the broken families and entitlement culture?  You are begging the question.  They are impoverished due to their personal and family culture, ethics and beliefs.  That is why blacks who migrate here from real poverty in Africa do well compared to blacks born into relative poverty here in the US.  Its not race, its culture, belief and ethics.

Again, you are giving them the benefit of the doubt.  That is a privilege they enjoy.  The failures of a black man are owned by society, his successes are personal triumphs.  The failures of a white man in spite of all all his "white privilege" must mean he is a real piece of shit, his success are owned by society that gave it to him.

I actually addressed broken families clearly. I am not a conservative, so I don't follow your 'entitlement culture' line of horse shit, and you're not likely to sell me on it.

I don't give them the benefit of the doubt, I am looking at the facts, as I have presented to you. Crime and divorce are highly correlated with poverty.

I am a white man, I have said nothing of white privilege, and I hold no negative views toward white people, or any people for that matter.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21972705 - 07/20/15 08:21 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Crime is the product of poverty, not skin color, you silly assholes:

Quote:

Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Quote:

"Poor two-parent families were about twice as likely to break up as were two-parent families not in poverty,"

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/15/us/poverty-termed-a-divorce-factor.html

The violent crime rate in highly disadvantaged Black areas was 22 per 1,000 residents, not much different from the 20 per 1,000 rate in similar white communities.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/badcomm.htm

Quote:

Pew Research Center reported that the median white household was worth $141,900, 12.9 times more than the typical black household, which was worth just $11,000.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/12/15/the_black_white_wealth_gap_it_s_bigger_than_you_even_think.html

Quote:

In 1954, the earliest year for which the Bureau of Labor Statistics has consistent unemployment data by race, the white rate averaged 5% and the black rate averaged 9.9%. Last month, the jobless rate among whites was 6.6%; among blacks, 12.6%. Over that time, the unemployment rate for blacks has averaged about 2.2 times that for whites.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/21/through-good-times-and-bad-black-unemployment-is-consistently-double-that-of-whites/

Now, I know how much you folks like defending your racism. I've clearly outlined for you why this is not a race issue but a poverty issue. If you want to cling to your fucked up Southern redneck value system (The one that causes you to troll my ratings with lies) go right on ahead. I just wanted you to see that the facts are not on your side.

As far as affirmative action: This is a measure that our society has taken to lift the people who have been subjected to mistreatment for a century out of poverty. Those people happen to be impoverished due to the societies attitude toward them, which is based on race, therefore the solution is also based on race. How could it not be?

We need to lift people out of poverty if we ever hope to reduce crime rates.

"Not a race issue but a poverty issue"

No, it's a behavioral issue, poor behavior LEADS to poverty.  It means not living your life for immediate gratification, it means a focus on the family unit, it means a strong emphasis on education, it means acting financially responsible. It means NOT HAVING CHILDREN YOU CAN'T SUPPORT.

You're looking at the results of their behavior and then blaming the results for their poverty, talk about ass-backwards thinking.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Does black privilege exist? [Re: qman]
    #21972954 - 07/20/15 09:12 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I this a behavioral issue?:

Quote:

"Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback."

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

--------------------
FARTS

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21973101 - 07/20/15 09:37 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:

Quote:

"Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback."

Another hack study, why do you even bother with such nonsense?

From your link- "If the fictitious resume indicates that the applicant lives in a...more educated...neighborhood the callback rate rises" 

Amazing, employers wanting applicants from a area that values education instead of the ghetto.

"weakness of the study is that is simply measures callbacks for interviews, not whether an applicant gets the job...the results cannot be translated into hiring rates."

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21973213 - 07/20/15 10:01 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:

Quote:

From your link- "If the fictitious resume indicates that the applicant lives in a...more educated...neighborhood the callback rate rises" 

Amazing, employers wanting applicants from a area that values education instead of the ghetto.

"weakness of the study is that is simply measures callbacks for interviews, not whether an applicant gets the job...the results cannot be translated into hiring rates."

You're strengthening my argument regardless. You're essentially saying that poor people are less likely to get jobs because they are poor. It has nothing to do with their character or their 'behavior'.

I'm trying to remember, are you the person I was arguing with the other day that said 'all poor people are lazy'?

--------------------
FARTS

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21973294 - 07/20/15 10:16 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:

Quote:

You're strengthening my argument regardless. You're essentially saying that poor people are less likely to get jobs because they are poor. It has nothing to do with their character or their 'behavior'.

I'm trying to remember, are you the person I was arguing with the other day that said 'all poor people are lazy'?

"saying that poor people are less likely to get jobs because they are poor"

No, I didn't say that.  The whole study is bunk, even the study admits that fact.

"all poor people are lazy?"

I would never say that, many factors play a role in poverty, many are out of peoples control and some key factors are in peoples control.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21973533 - 07/20/15 11:04 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, that must have been someone else. I agree there are many factors involved.

Would you agree that many aspects of poverty perpetuate that poverty, which are out of people's hands?

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#21973953 - 07/21/15 01:21 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

When is someone going to speak out on the white on white crime? :smirk:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate