Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebennylava
Bad example

Reuse old cakes?
    #21840660 - 06/22/15 05:08 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I'll be using the PF Tek method with perlite, and maybe fan on a timer switch, for convenience. Also with the fish tank aerator in the perlite. But I've still got a few lingering questions.

1. Can cakes be reused? And to what degree? Will the mycillium (spelling?) just keep growing more and more mushrooms, until it finally eats up all the food in the cake? Is there any way at all that a cake can be reused after you pick the fruit?

2.Is any old perlite fine to use? Can I just order the cheapest stuff that I can find, on ebay? Or does it need to be processed, in some way? Perhaps it needs to be "organic" or sterilized? It would be nice to just be able to buy the cheapest perlite available.

3. Cheap humidity sensors... what do you use? The video warned about them, so I bought one that goes down to 1/10th of a percent. So it might say 98.4% humidity. Instead of just 98%. I was hoping that it would have to be a more accurate one, in order to be able to display decimals.

4. More serious question now. Hiding this from people. My wife is a Nurse, and she's almost fully indoctrinated into the healthcare system, and mainstream medicine. She spouts off all the propaganda that we all hate, every time I lightly probe her (heh heh heh) on the issue of any kind of shamanistic medicine and healing, such as the use of Mushrooms. Do you hide this from anyone in your life? She would be worried sick if she knew I was on shrooms at a given time. She's also a tea totaler, if you're familiar with the term. She's probably drank alcohol 3 times in her life. I'm not a big alcohol fan myself, but she seems to absolutely hate the stuff, and indeed any altered state. She's perfectly happy in her normal state of consciousness. So that's what I'm going to be dealing with here. She works nights, and I don't, so I'm probably going to be stealth tripping, whenever I trip, along with stealth growing. But I don't believe anyone has the right to tell anyone else they can't experience this. That would be WAY overstepping your boundaries and forcing your will onto someone else.

If I think of any other questions I'll post them up here in this thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: bennylava]
    #21840679 - 06/22/15 05:28 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

1.  Not really.  Simply try to expend as much nutrition as possible.  You could use a piece of cake (heh) to make some kind of liquid culture, but using a piece of mushroom would be far more advisable.  I assume you've read about dunking and know that a single cake can flush multiple times, until it expends all of its nutrition, or enough that it's weak enough to succumb to mold/bacteria.

2.  Fine for the mushrooms.  I think I read it contains something toxic.  Not sure that will change depending on where you source it.

3.  From what I've heard it's unlikely a digital meter would actually be that accurate, and even one decimal place is probably bullshit.  I know nothing about this topic though.

4.  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21390984

Invitro V-tek, or possibly some sort of invitro PF Tek would be the most inconspicuous grow, as it requires no fruiting chamber at all.  You could use the same 1qt plastic screw-top containers with PF tek if you don't have a pressure cooker.  An injection port can easily be made by burning a hole in the lid with a soldering iron and stuffing it with polyfill or RTV silicon, removing the need for the top layer of verm.
Sorry about your situation.  At least there's probing; don't forget your pylon.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #21849180 - 06/24/15 07:04 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. Can I get a couple of other people to chime in? Which humidity meter would you guys recommend, if a $5 one off ebay is not going to be very accurate?

Also what about the perlite? Will any old random perlite be just fine? Maybe it should be rinsed first, or something? What's the story on the perlite.

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#21849230 - 06/24/15 07:24 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

According to evilmushroom666's comprehensive PF tek guide ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15223324 :smile:

After you have fruited your cakes out 3-4 flush's and you want to place another set of cakes into your chamber it is always a good idea to clean things. You can do a few different things in order to reuse your perlite:
-Take perlite and place into a big stock pot filled with water and boil for an hour. After the boil wait for things to cool and then strain off your perlite, remove any excess water and set aside.
-Another method is to place the perlite into a large pot filled with a 10% bleach/water solution and let soak for 10 minutes. After the soak place the perlite into a strainer and run water from the tap over it until you cannot smell the bleach anymore.

Cleaning your Chamber-
In order to clean your SGFC I recommend wiping down with a 10% bleach/water solution prior to replacing your clean perlite back into
the chamber.

Give his guide a look.  It's super comprehensive and will probably answer most of your questions.
Personally I suspect risning the perlite would be sufficient, since cakes are extremely contam resistant.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

#21850283 - 06/24/15 12:37 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

That is a good guide. I didn't know you were only supposed to use half pint jars. Any recommendation on where to buy the jars he used?

I also didn't know you got more than one fruiting out of a cake. I was thinking your cake fruited, then you had to toss it. Its pretty awesome that it will keep growing and you can harvest 3 or 4 times. That will be PLENTY of mushrooms for me for a good long while.

But one thing he didn't seem to cover. If you put holes at the bottom of your growing tub, for the Carbon Dioxide to flow out of, isn't the humidity going to be able to leave, as well?

InvisibleBuck513

#21850316 - 06/24/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't expect to get more than 6 or 7gs per cake once its done with all the flushes.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: Buck513]
    #21850365 - 06/24/15 12:58 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Don't grow in a house where someone doesn't approve. If you fuck up and get busted she goes down too. Along with losing her nursing license.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineprofessorFATTYCAP
Training 4 the mycothalon
 User Gallery

Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #21850416 - 06/24/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Don't grow in a house where someone doesn't approve. If you fuck up and get busted she goes down too. Along with losing her nursing license.

uh huh . and the idea of stealth tripping has all the makings for a bad trip waiting to happen.    " HEY HONEY THE BOSS LET ME OUT EARLY FRM THE HOSPITAL TODAY AND MY PARENTS INVITED US UP TO HAVE A BBQ AND THE WHOLE FAMILY IS GNNA B THERE.  WAIT !!!  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH UR PUPILS  "

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#21851253 - 06/24/15 04:14 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bennylava said:
That is a good guide. I didn't know you were only supposed to use half pint jars. Any recommendation on where to buy the jars he used?

I also didn't know you got more than one fruiting out of a cake. I was thinking your cake fruited, then you had to toss it. Its pretty awesome that it will keep growing and you can harvest 3 or 4 times. That will be PLENTY of mushrooms for me for a good long while.

But one thing he didn't seem to cover. If you put holes at the bottom of your growing tub, for the Carbon Dioxide to flow out of, isn't the humidity going to be able to leave, as well?

Just use these (http://www.dollartree.com/Betty-Crocker-Easy-Seal-16-8-oz-Twist-Top-Storage-Containers-4-ct-Packs/p340933/index.pro) pint plastic containers with only half a pint of material.  They're cheap, stackable, and can be used for other methods.  Burn a single hole in the top of the lid with a soldering iron, rough it up with a knife or sand paper, and make an INJECTION PORT out of RTV silicon (Ace Hardware.)  The lids can be untwisted to provide gas exchange as needed.  Using an injection port, you just tilt the container to get your 4 inoculation points, and do not need a vermiculite top layer.

If you put only 1/2 cup material in, you can fruit them in the pint containers with NO FRUITING CHAMBER.  Just untwist the lid maybe half-way.  Otherwise I recommend a 15-30qt unmodified tote for fruiting.  Just mist it lightly and fan it out 2x a day.  SGFC's are conspicuous, require lots of materials, and will not serve you very well as you continue in this hoby.

And yes, it should be plenty, if all goes according to plan.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #21851300 - 06/24/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Carbon dioxide does not flow out of holes on the bottom of things.  Otherwise only oxygen and nitrogen would be left and when you went to inhale air from in there you would feel noticeably woozy.

Take a moment to learn how air works.

Also either get your wife on board or give up.  On the other hand just THINK of how much fun you could have tripping really hard and trying to hide it from your wife, or mid-trip, going over how bad the communication in your marriage is to the point where you have to hide things from her.  Those will all be on the menu of fantastic thoughts you can ponder while on mushrooms.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineGrefa
Lab Technician
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: Inocuole]
    #21851407 - 06/24/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

i did a run of cakes in march, broke them up into clumps and tossed em in the garden and they are still putting out the occasional shroom

--------------------
Everything I say is a bullshit lie created to try and win over the minds of alien beings, all the pictures I posted were taken from Google images.

Noob Forum

Easy Agar Tek

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

#21857787 - 06/25/15 10:56 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Carbon dioxide does not flow out of holes on the bottom of things.  Otherwise only oxygen and nitrogen would be left and when you went to inhale air from in there you would feel noticeably woozy.

Take a moment to learn how air works.

Also either get your wife on board or give up.  On the other hand just THINK of how much fun you could have tripping really hard and trying to hide it from your wife, or mid-trip, going over how bad the communication in your marriage is to the point where you have to hide things from her.  Those will all be on the menu of fantastic thoughts you can ponder while on mushrooms.

I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. Heavier gasses will always seek the lowest point when mixed in with a lighter gas. If that lowest point is a hole... well guess what? Why do you think this is well known with wells, and why did they have the canary in the mine?

Also, you have no idea about my situation or my relationship. Best not to comment on stuff you have no idea of. Even then, why the hell is so much of this very site dedicated to what's called "stealth grows"? If everyone and their dog were so damn cool with it, why would stealth grows even exist? Hell why would people even take trips to go partake of certain drugs? Take a moment to make sure your posts make sense.

Edited by bennylava (06/25/15 10:57 PM)

InvisibleBuck513

#21857850 - 06/25/15 11:06 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Don't get mad cause inoc can have 100 tubs going, and you're stuck trying to tip toe past your wife.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: Buck513]
    #21857947 - 06/25/15 11:30 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I stand by everything I said.  If you think carbon dioxide will flow out of the holes of things, then explain why it isn't all sitting in a layer below all of the oxygen in the atmosphere.

And yeah, have fun tiptoeing past your wife that you OBVIOUSLY chose because she was smart and was a good match for your personality.  Right?

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

#21858329 - 06/26/15 01:51 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

If your grow is small enough diffusion will provide enough oxygen.  That's the deal with invitro.  You can flush out the gas for fresh air once a day easily.

Same concept as water evaporating.  Say the sub produced water.  If it produced a lot it'd be drowned, but only a bit would evaporate sufficiently.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21858457 - 06/26/15 03:18 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

OP, it's bad to hide things from your wife, especially considering that things could go very wrong if she discovers it.

But, since me saying this probably won't have much effect, you could always grow screlotia. Just have a jar sit around for a few months at least and boom, screlotia. They work with the pf tek, if you're not gonna invest in a PC. But you'll have to chew on vermiculite if you use the pf tek.

But if you're aiming for stealth, Screlotia is gonna be the stealthiest option.

--------------------

Offlinebennylava
Bad example

#21887342 - 07/02/15 10:29 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
I stand by everything I said.  If you think carbon dioxide will flow out of the holes of things, then explain why it isn't all sitting in a layer below all of the oxygen in the atmosphere.

And yeah, have fun tiptoeing past your wife that you OBVIOUSLY chose because she was smart and was a good match for your personality.  Right?

Ugh. Carbon dioxide molecules aren't immortal. There are such things as plants. The carbon cycle exists. With that statement I can see I've got no business arguing with you. And yeah, everyone always marries someone who is exactly the same as them. Cause that would be so great, right? And cause couples have never disagreed on something, ever. So I stand by everything I said.

Edited by bennylava (07/02/15 10:31 AM)

InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

#21887365 - 07/02/15 10:37 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:

This.

OP...
Listen to the people here.
We do this for free and have your best interests in mind.

Don't ask for advice and then argue it with the only ones trying to help you. Trying to assert yourself without posting a link or any science to substantiate you claims is bad form and will not get you far here.

Here's something to get you started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_diffusivity

Good luck to you.

--------------------
"General, I am loyal to nothing......except The Dream"

Edited by SteveRogers (07/02/15 10:39 AM)

OfflineZeroBoyWD
Zombie
Male

Re: Reuse old cakes? [Re: SteveRogers]
    #21887417 - 07/02/15 10:50 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Find a drug dealer, get an oz (150 - 250 depending on your area,) Preserve your preferred dose in honey, store in a cool dry place until you want to trip, don't get a divorce for being a dickhead

--------------------
I'm done trying to be "right." I want the exchange of ideas to be the currency of my economy. If you have something I can use, great. I'll try it out. If you think my methods are shit, great. Don't use it. We all want yields.

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Born the son of a sharecropper..
Male User Gallery

Loc: US, maybe?
    #21887452 - 07/02/15 11:02 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

my god, you have some serious problems.  First of all, have you even researched how a SGFC works?  If not, i would advise it because all you've done in this post is make an ass out of yourself.

Like someone said, we are all here for free, and to help, with your best interests at heart.

No matter how much you want to argue, stealth grows are hard to do, and im guessing from what you've said your wife is the type to poke her head into everything you do, so sclerotia would be a good option.

And by the way, dosing and having to worry about your wife finding out is a really bad idea, and a recipie for a bad trip. just saying.

No need to be nasty or disrespectful, we are here to help. Accept or don't accept the advice people are giving you, but if you don't accept it, then don't ask for any more, and figure it out yourself if you know everything about mycology.

--------------------
12 34 http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22386794[/url]
--Anything posted by this account is completely fictitious--

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom