Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpokehead88
Stranger danger

second guessing... did i sterilize the wrong substrate mixture??
    #21723475 - 05/26/15 03:15 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hello shroomery members,
Im in need of feedback or critique so here it is, i just sterilized my rye substrate and am unclear on this particular topic as i can not find this specific question thats been racking my brain...
I have just sterilized 20 lbs of rye berrie and vermiculite according to tl's steralizing spawn bulk
tek (ive pasturized my berries beforehand of course)
https://gluckspilze.com/7sterilisieren-1

My question is...
1. I have never done this tek i hope its optimal as im very dedicated to this field, and am unsure vermiculite was the best route as i have cow manure, straw,peat moss,chicken manure, limonite, gypsum, coir that i would of loved to mixed.....
2. Would these bags colonize or did i read his whole tek wrong? As im used to rye berries-gtg-case-fruit and am unsure if this was a good idea i was unsure that verm was suitable for begining mycelium stages.
This is a little advaced or different than my usual tek (should of researched some more teks)
3. Is this a sutable spawn for "colonzing" mycelium?
4. Are there preferable methods with choosing substrates to spawn bulk or recipees that are proven?
This is m second attempt in mycology aand only hope to do better each time, thank you for reading this.

Edited by Spokehead88 (05/26/15 03:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelutherarkwright93
Neophyte
Male User Gallery
Re: second guessing... did i sterilize the wrong substrate mixture?? [Re: Spokehead88]
    #21723592 - 05/26/15 05:02 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like fairly sound tek for making cubensis spawn. At least to me.

Manure and straw= I've read that while more difficult to work with, these can produce better and bigger than coir and verm, but that's based on reading about when they're used to spawn after colonization of jars or bags.

Based on what I've learned reading through all these teks, the addition of vermiculite in this tek is for its ability to both hold water and its porous nature giving a spongy breathable additive to the sub, in addition to being slightly nutritious to mycelium.

OfflineSpokehead88
Stranger danger

Re: second guessing... did i sterilize the wrong substrate mixture?? [Re: lutherarkwright93]
    #21724081 - 05/26/15 08:57 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Ok thank you that just gave me peace of mind i was just unsure about it, looks like i will spawn to bulk substrates after this is colonized.
this is my second grow got 6 strains at the moment...so stoked

OfflineSpokehead88
Stranger danger

Re: second guessing... did i sterilize the wrong substrate mixture?? [Re: lutherarkwright93]
    #21724163 - 05/26/15 09:29 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

If i could ask you, how many cc of lc could i inject in these 2 lb grain spawn bags? Im h guessing around 60cc? Since its a mixture and not grain only im assuming it can take more lc... altough i am unsure i wish there was a sugested amount on tl tek..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder