Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2184078 - 12/16/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Do we have a diffinitive list of all the tree species with which the active amanitas are mycorrhizal?

I'm not aware of such a list (a definitive one, anyway). There is a list in David Arora's book, up near the front. Moser mentions when a species is limited to association with a certain species or genus of plants.

Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2188364 - 12/18/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This is an important subject check on "British Indigenous" thread for further discussion (once I get sorted for it).

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

OfflineSeril
Stranger

Loc: PNW
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: angryshroom]
    #2189118 - 12/18/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hey Angry, looks nice.

About the same as what I found on my yearly pilgramige to northern california.

I found two dozen Amanita Muscaria, some Boletus Edulis (most were already rotting, and overly soaked... DAMN!!!!!), six pounds of Chantrells, some interesting stuff, and billions of Mycena all over the forrest floor... Will post pics on my own thread as soon as i find my camera plug. (misplaced it...)

:smile:

cheers, happy hunting!

--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: Seril]
    #2191004 - 12/19/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, thats awsome.

I haven't gone out nearly enough this year. Im just going to be kicking myself in the ass in a few months.

I think I missed the Boletes...Chantrelles dont usually pop up around our area until Jan/Feb.

I need to go out again. Only been out like 4 times this year! The surfs been too good to miss though :wink:

Offlinethujone
Stranger
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: canid]
    #2191370 - 12/19/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know where you live but I'm in Louisiana and they are real happy hear, at least var. formosa, the yellow /orange

Offlinethujone
Stranger
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2191442 - 12/19/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thats interesting toxic man. I have yet to experience it myself but I have relly done my research on this mushroom and have read maybe two places that mention unplesant experience. there are like three stages to this trip. 1st depends on the method of ingestion but almost everyone has to blow, its part of the religious/cleansing experience. 2nd you have to allow time for the drowsy feeling that is coming most experts say don't fight this lay down and take about a 1-2 hous nap that will usually produce very vivid dreams that many have reported when awakening feeling like they wake up in the dream. 3rd and last is what we all are looking for the euphoric state that last antwhere from 4-10 hours. the intesity of the trip depends on how much you eat. most recomend starting with 2 caps (which is where most of the active stuff is) to see how potent the batch is.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: A few Amanita's... [Re: thujone]
    #2192471 - 12/20/03 06:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Inever"blow",I can only think that this comes about as a result of bad preparation (of both the fungi and yourself!).Ive been building to dealing with this subject more or less since I first logged in,or so it would seem,and I will but on "British Indigenous".For now all I will say isdrythem properly (in quarters,eighths,or sixteenths depending on their size-method to follow-) and chew each portion seperately and thoroughly,the taste is not unpleasant-once dry-,and take no more than 3-4 portions to start with to guage your reaction and tolerance.  :devil:

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale