Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #21670912 - 05/12/15 05:03 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The trips that people call bad are usually the ones that turn intensely negative internally, and often the person extracts something useful from this, and later finds it of value - but not always.  Just plain bad prep with setting or set or consumption method - I mean REALLY who the fuck wants to puke during a trip that isn't capable of learning how to avoid that? (hint hint - empty stomach and tea) - aren't bad trips because of the trip itself but rather because of screwing up.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: MindGorilla]
    #21670953 - 05/12/15 05:13 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
Me and my friends don't believe in bad trips, and let me tell you why before you say "oh you've never had a bad trip."

My trip before last was the most intense psychological experience of my life. I won't go into much details, besides what you must know. Me and 3 other buddies all ate approx. 8.2 grams at once. (I don't believe in eating a few, then taking more a few hours later. Your either doing the drugs for maximum effects or your being a pussy about it.)Have you know we sat in a basement during the entire trip, letting the mushrooms completely consume us.  Anyways fast forward to the point where we are peaking.

What happened to my friend is something that I've never heard or read in a trip report. So I gave it my own diagnosis.

Temporary Psychosis. My friend had lost all touch with reality. He didn't know his name, didn't know who he was. He didn't even respond to verbal orders after he threw up on himself. Orders like Adam take off your shirt.

Which brings me to my next point, I just read a trip report about a guy not knowing who his mom was, or he was etc. etc. I also experienced the exact same thing this night, along with the "void". Things that I am almost positive are associated with heavier doses. 

Now I ask you why should such things be taken as such? You take the drug wanting a feeling of craziness, wanting a feeling of total confusion, so why is that a bad trip?

Everything in life, as well as on shrooms is an experience. If you people who have had a "bad trip" stop and think about why it is a bad trip, it is things you've created yourself. The shrooms are 50% of it, the other 50% is how one reacts. The drug is doing exactly what you want it to, push your brain to the limit of infinity.

Then you say oh well you've never had a bad trip.

There has been plenty of times where I've started to feel uncomfortable inside my own head, you start asking yourself why you took the drug, start asking yourself when it is going to end. Then by that time you've tripped yourself into a "bad trip".

I guess shrooms separate the weak minded from the strong.

I used to think the same thing as you, but I had 1 legit bad trip. So I know longer hold that belief. It was on 33mg of 4-acO-DMT freebase. The black sticky stuff that's potent as fuck.

I know ot wasn't a crazy dose or anything, but the trip gives you what you need...even if it is a bad one.

its ironic how I can inject 4-aco-dmt and not have a bad trip, and eat 4-aco and have a bad trip.

and I must add...bad trips have NOTHING to do with intensity of the trips. Bad trips are totally random and can happen anytime, anywhere.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinelifespiritdesign0
Stranger
    #21671267 - 05/12/15 06:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I know what you mean.... In a way there's no unpositive trip is what I'd phrase it as, bc even and esp the bad ones your learn alot about yourself your emotions and maybe problems or hangups.

But at the same time not everyone takes the to enhance their lives spiritually so to them it was would be difficult and jarring to say the least, which could be adjactives or described as "bad"=

There's also the rare and unfortunate ppl who have hidden or latent psychological problems and crack while one psychedelics. Which is that the drugs fault or was this person predisposed to have this happen and it was inescapable?

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: lifespiritdesign0]
    #21672397 - 05/12/15 10:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

my friend tried to stab me when were both on a high dose of shrooms knowing that it was real was very scary i could have died and the idea of being stabbed on mushrooms is terrifying he thought i gave him something that made him go insane forever and it wasent a swiss army knife it was a SOG switch blade the kind thats a 100 dollers and is used in the military god that scared the shit out of me but i think your right ive always found no matter how bad a trip gets its all about how you let it affect you long term i dont think of that night as bad it just was  :pimpin:

--------------------

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #21673293 - 05/13/15 04:16 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
Me and my friends don't believe in bad trips, and let me tell you why

You and your friends are children. You think a slightly tough experience is a bad trip. There are degrees of b ummers from slightly uncomfortable to pure hell. I love when people like you finally get the trip ftom hell the one you cant think your way out of. You will have an excuse of course becauseYOU could never be weak minded like that. Then it will happen again and you will quit. This happens all time.

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21674518 - 05/13/15 12:44 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Quote:

MindGorilla said:

You and your friends are children. You think a slightly tough experience is a bad trip. There are degrees of b ummers from slightly uncomfortable to pure hell. I love when people like you finally get the trip ftom hell the one you cant think your way out of. You will have an excuse of course becauseYOU could never be weak minded like that. Then it will happen again and you will quit. This happens all time.

true man i havent done shrooms since the night because it scared me so bad but its all about what you make of it a bad trip is something i refuse to have it may have been one but i dont look at it like that i just try and look at the postives and not the negatives i would do shrooms again now but when i had the chance to a few years back it was fresh in my mind and i was scared honestly trips like the one i had can make you or break you i refuse to let it break me i dident speak for a whole month after that trip but i realized i can learn from it so it was good and made me a stonger person so now i look at it as a trip not bad and not negative it was bad at first but i refused to let it stay that way and turned it into something positive over time i refuse to let it get to me and ive had a lot of acid since then and that actully helped i now learned to lock up all weapons before i do stuff like that and would do shrooms if i got the chance but what im trying to say is that over time you can look at what happened and make it positive if you try and get something positive out of it i loved shrooms and that love will not die from one bad trip its like skateing the good skaters are the ones who break a bone and go back to it because they love it youve got to fall to get up :wink:

--------------------

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Subconscious]
    #21674557 - 05/13/15 12:59 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Insightful first post, but this is a 2.5 year old thread that has been brought back to life twice now...

3 times now bitches

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: thewanderer25]
    #21674621 - 05/13/15 01:19 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

And the OP is a ghost for 4+ years.  So it's like a conversation with those who have experienced the ultimate bad trip...

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #21677548 - 05/14/15 03:30 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thewanderer25 said:
Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Quote:

MindGorilla said:

true man i havent done shrooms since the night because it scared me so bad but its all about what you make of it a bad trip is something i refuse to have it may have been one but i dont look at it like that i just try and look at the postives and not the negatives i would do shrooms again now but when i had the chance to a few years back it was fresh in my mind and i was scared honestly trips like the one i had can make you or break you i refuse to let it break me i dident speak for a whole month after that trip but i realized i can learn from it so it was good and made me a stonger person so now i look at it as a trip not bad and not negative it was bad at first but i refused to let it stay that way and turned it into something positive over time i refuse to let it get to me and ive had a lot of acid since then and that actully helped i now learned to lock up all weapons before i do stuff like that and would do shrooms if i got the chance but what im trying to say is that over time you can look at what happened and make it positive if you try and get something positive out of it i loved shrooms and that love will not die from one bad trip its like skateing the good skaters are the ones who break a bone and go back to it because they love it youve got to fall to get up :wink:

This has to be the longest sentence in the world.

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #21680251 - 05/14/15 07:06 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I started thinking of this today and I remembered a long time ago when i first started tripin on L and i meet this deadhead dude. We were smokeing a bowl in the park and i was just like whats the worst trip you ever had he said no trip was as bad as what they did to uncle john. I dident know wtf that meant so i asked him what happened. Aperantly the uncle of the drummer was nammed john and he ripped off some acid dealers back in the 60s for the soundsytem that started the band. They found out who he was so when they found him they blew dust into his face that was pure LSD then they waited till it kicked in and cut his head off slowly. Im legit afraid of that now although he might have been lying but he had some good ass shrooms and L. I hope your happy with my punctuation I legit tried just for you. Peace bros :getstoned:

--------------------

Edited by thewanderer25 (05/14/15 07:24 PM)

Offlinemandrin13
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Socal
    #21680278 - 05/14/15 07:15 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

This thread is a bad trip

--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

OfflineLiquidVisions
Consumes Psychoactive Material
 User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: mandrin13]
    #21684868 - 05/15/15 09:32 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I've had some terrible trips and it is because I had to deal with things I didn't want to such as my excessive drug use. I came out of the few trips a better person, let the trip takes you to where it wants to take you and you'll see how bad trips are not all that bad. I am speaking about mushrooms. On acid i've had a bad trip that was just me feeling horrified for some reason. I didn't loose my mind but I had so much fear and anxiety that I couldn't shake off.

--------------------
Step 1: Stare at this for 30 seconds

Step 2: Look at this after following step one

Step 3: Enjoy the mini trip :trippinbawelz:

OfflineBudsbunni
Healer
Female

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: LiquidVisions]
    #21685387 - 05/15/15 11:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

What is good and what is bad but perception of ethics anyways......

*Sigh*

:protest: :crymeariver:

--------------------
:aum: :chinaman: :aum:

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21685545 - 05/16/15 12:53 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

I used to think the same thing as you, but I had 1 legit bad trip. So I know longer hold that belief. It was on 33mg of 4-acO-DMT freebase. The black sticky stuff that's potent as fuck.

I know ot wasn't a crazy dose or anything, but the trip gives you what you need...even if it is a bad one.

its ironic how I can inject 4-aco-dmt and not have a bad trip, and eat 4-aco and have a bad trip.

and I must add...bad trips have NOTHING to do with intensity of the trips. Bad trips are totally random and can happen anytime, anywhere.

I wouldnt say "random" I think it all has to do with set and setting, and brain chemistry. I have been wondering if brain health could cause a bad trip.

Say you were to trip while low on certain vitamins and other essential things for the brain and body, makes sense that could result in a bad trip.

Or if you go into an experience ill prepared.

I really don't think they are "random"

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: musiclover420]
    #21686497 - 05/16/15 10:10 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

I wouldnt say "random" I think it all has to do with set and setting, and brain chemistry. I have been wondering if brain health could cause a bad trip.

Say you were to trip while low on certain vitamins and other essential things for the brain and body, makes sense that could result in a bad trip.

Or if you go into an experience ill prepared.

I really don't think they are "random"

I do.

When I had the bad trip, I was in a perfect set and setting and prepared myself exactly the same as how I always prepared myself.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21687457 - 05/16/15 03:42 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah but how do you know there wasn't some brain chemistry issue, such as low vitamins of some sort that caused the difference in effects?

It's basically impossible to understand all the possible variables.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleMrWiskas
Fanatical Feline
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: musiclover420]
    #21687478 - 05/16/15 03:54 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I fully agree. I have never had a bad trip - I don't even know what a bad trip IS.

Luck? Or simply not overdosing?

Control?

--------------------

"The wisest man knows there is much he does not know - You know?"

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: MrWiskas]
    #21687617 - 05/16/15 04:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Nah the idea that there are no bad trips but only important lessons in life can be true almost every time, but then there are trips that are truly fucking evil. Rare but possible.

People over philosophize it anyway, bad trips are just bad days while tripping and these can strike you down in the time it takes to have an argument with someone.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineByCoverOfNight
SirPsyOps
Loc: Arkham Asylum
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: wolf8312]
    #23462615 - 07/21/16 01:01 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

How right you are. No "bad trips". I mean even when you find yourself losing your sanity - basically fighting ego loss- and being unable to get back on track into the trip you were having before things got tricky it still sure as shit beats being bored. Those kind of trips may take longer to process but they are always helpful. They're just part of the adventure. Once you've mapped those spaces your brain doesn't forget them and if you're a reasonably well adjusted person you won't be (so) scared of them again.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract