Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

My weird loafs (updated with PICS of 385g Wet Orissa freak puffball)
    #21672145 - 05/12/15 09:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

So hpoo spawn cake on the left is fanaticus amazonian and the cake on the right is orissa.  They've been putting out super low yields so far.  The amazonian might have put out about 30g total dried thus far, the Orissa has yet to produce a real one, but has produced these rediculous puff balls, the first one plucked was 7g dry. 

When I first posted folks responded saying not enough FAE.  I have been steadily increasing FAE, (fanning several times a day, decreasing poly fill and in some cases removing it all together.  I've finally reasoned that all the drenched perlite combined with the substrate moisture was just too much humidity in general and FAE probably was adequate.  So i've finally removed about 3/4 of the perlite that was added.  I'll try to update as I move along...

Any other suggestions as to why these blocks are putting out full sets?

They're in a monotub with 6 3/4" poly breather holes and the tub also isn't fully sealed around the lid so there's a lot of airflow happening there as well.

Edited by Wiscoregon (05/14/15 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My weird loafs [Re: Wiscoregon] * 1
    #21672432 - 05/12/15 10:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
I've finally reasoned that all the drenched perlite combined with the substrate moisture was just too much humidity in general

Impossible.....especially since you think that...

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
FAE probably was adequate.

See, if you have adequate FAE, then you would have adequate evaporation, which means adequate humidity levels.....there is no such thing as too much humidity, but there is a such thing as not enough FAE...

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
So i've finally removed about 3/4 of the perlite that was added.  I'll try to update as I move along...

You should have 3-5" of perlite in there....I can see the bottom of your chamber....thats not right....

Your chamber does not have holes in the bottom, thus rendering what perlite that's in there useless...thats not right...

The fruits on the cake on the left look waterlogged and bruised from misting too hard/overmisting.....I also see lots of aborts...thats not right...

You should be using a SGFC, with 1/4" holes every 2" on all 6 sides.....do that and you will no longer have FAE or humidity problems.....

Fix up the chamber.....build a SGFC.....

Edited by PussyFart (05/12/15 10:19 PM)

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

Re: My weird loafs [Re: PussyFart]
    #21672544 - 05/12/15 10:51 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Cool thanks for your insight.

I'll probably pull them out, dunk them in water, make the fixes you were describing and see what happens.

My impression was when you're doing a monotub and laying a flat layer of spawn on the bottom 3 inches that that provides enough moisture for fruiting start to finish for the tub?  The only difference here is that I left them as loafs in bags instead of spawning with the hpoo flat in the tub.  Why would any additional perlite even be necessary?  Shouldn't the two loafs (at least in theory) be adequate? (especially since the surface area has been increased on the loafs vs flat spawn.)  I would understand using a SGFC for BRF cakes but these aren't brf cakes, they're spawned in hpoo/coir/verm/etc blend

Edited by Wiscoregon (05/12/15 11:00 PM)

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My weird loafs [Re: Wiscoregon]
    #21672945 - 05/13/15 12:54 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
Cool thanks for your insight.

I'll probably pull them out, dunk them in water, make the fixes you were describing and see what happens.

My impression was when you're doing a monotub and laying a flat layer of spawn on the bottom 3 inches that that provides enough moisture for fruiting start to finish for the tub?  The only difference here is that I left them as loafs in bags instead of spawning with the hpoo flat in the tub.  Why would any additional perlite even be necessary?  Shouldn't the two loafs (at least in theory) be adequate? (especially since the surface area has been increased on the loafs vs flat spawn.)  I would understand using a SGFC for BRF cakes but these aren't brf cakes, they're spawned in hpoo/coir/verm/etc blend

There is no way the cakes you have would have filled up the tub 3 inches deep....you are lacking tons of moisture.....because a monotub uses more substrate than that....a typical monotub has at least 13 quarts of stuff in it....your blocks do not equal anywhere close to that im sure....

And they might not be BRF, but they are cakes, and cakes do better in SGFCs because of their surface area.....

Edited by PussyFart (05/13/15 12:55 AM)

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

Re: My weird loafs [Re: PussyFart]
    #21672953 - 05/13/15 12:59 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Gracias mi amigo. I'll get drilling.

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

#21680783 - 05/14/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Pulled the most recent freak ball from the Orissa loaf...uh...wow...

385g wet...

Now granted I ran it under some water to wash off debris before drying so its probably a tiny bit heavy from that...but still...holy god.

I ate half her little brother (the previous smaller puffball 8g dried-so about 4g + 3g more normal) and this thing rocked me harder than i've ever been rocked in my life... by FAR! (i've tripped probably 700+ times total, no exaggeration)  Even when I took 14g in one night, it couldn't hold a torch to what this freak fungi did to me at 7g with OJ.  I was in full peak smoked dmt intensity (or more?) for 2.5 hours...Honestly I didn't even know cubes could do what they did.  I still can't believe it.

Edited by Wiscoregon (05/14/15 09:17 PM)

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

#21680873 - 05/14/15 09:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Is it possible to clone such a thing?  Would the trait even carry over?

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21680915 - 05/14/15 09:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure whatsoever. But it's worth a shot! I'd like to see a clone of this, maybe you'll get to keep a super potent strain of puffball cubes.

--------------------

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: My weird loafs [Re: Achillita]
    #21680972 - 05/14/15 10:08 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

That would be amazing to see that recreated with cloning... nice grow. ..looks gnarly.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
    #21680987 - 05/14/15 10:12 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
Pulled the most recent freak ball from the Orissa loaf...uh...wow...

385g wet...

Now granted I ran it under some water to wash off debris before drying so its probably a tiny bit heavy from that...but still...holy god.

I ate half her little brother (the previous smaller puffball 8g dried-so about 4g + 3g more normal) and this thing rocked me harder than i've ever been rocked in my life... by FAR! (i've tripped probably 700+ times total, no exaggeration)  Even when I took 14g in one night, it couldn't hold a torch to what this freak fungi did to me at 7g with OJ.  I was in full peak smoked dmt intensity (or more?) for 2.5 hours...Honestly I didn't even know cubes could do what they did.  I still can't believe it.

Goddamn son!  I'm impressed. Well done

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

#21681102 - 05/14/15 10:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys, honestly i'm not that skilled a cultivator, but i'm good at shooting from the hip which is what I have been doing all along for this run.  They've been getting really abnormal environmental conditions, less FAE, excess humidity, probably too much misting at times and were sitting on a 2" bed of perlite in a monotub without proper shotgunning. 

I'm fresh out of agar, so i'll probably wait for the next ball to form (looks like there's a good hand full more developing) and if i'm lucky one will get as big.  Might have to try just doing a couple LC's with the next fresh ball and hoping at least one comes back clean.

Are there any temporary options?  Could I try to find the cleanest pieces I have on this one and LC them and then transfer to agar for future isolation?  Is that a good route?

Edited by Wiscoregon (05/14/15 10:41 PM)

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21681133 - 05/14/15 10:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's a possible way to do it. If you'll be getting agar soon you could refrigerate a small piece. Otherwise I'd try and do your original plan just so you don't loose a possible clone that's cool and potent as shit.

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21681150 - 05/14/15 10:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

damn dude that is crazy cool!

its like papa smurfs house

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My weird loafs (updated with PICS of 385g Wet Orissa freak puffball) [Re: Wiscoregon]
    #21681165 - 05/14/15 10:54 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wiscoregon said:
My weird loafs

I resemble this statement.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My weird loafs (updated with PICS of 385g Wet Orissa freak puffball) [Re: hamloaf]
    #21681173 - 05/14/15 10:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

i dare you to eat the whole thing.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

Re: My weird loafs (updated with PICS of 385g Wet Orissa freak puffball) [Re: eatyualive]
    #21681187 - 05/14/15 11:00 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
i dare you to eat the whole thing.

Honestly you couldn't pay me enough after what i've already experienced.  You could offer me a million dollars and I would probably say no.  Even one slice would be absolute oblivion. Scorched earth, like throwing a transformer through a wood chipper.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My weird loafs (updated with PICS of 385g Wet Orissa freak puffball) [Re: Wiscoregon]
    #21681190 - 05/14/15 11:02 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

that thing would take you to saturn. you discovered advanced alien technology. really cool pictures. thanks.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleWiscoregon
Harmonic Surfer

#21681202 - 05/14/15 11:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
It's a possible way to do it. If you'll be getting agar soon you could refrigerate a small piece. Otherwise I'd try and do your original plan just so you don't loose a possible clone that's cool and potent as shit.

Are there any major chains / franchises where I could buy malt mix right away?  There's a Fred Meyer near me...?

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #21681215 - 05/14/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Call them and ask.  Otherwise do a google search using the key words "light malt in my area".  Brewing stores carry malt extract as well.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleoregon.trailboy
OTB
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #21681218 - 05/14/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The grange co op if your in Oregon is where I found 3 pounds of light malt extract for $10

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds