Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Shared consciousness
    #9607164 - 01/14/09 10:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Carl Jung, among others, believed we have a shared consciousness. It would explain instincts for example. He also studied dreams, and reported a lot of cases where families and people who are close share dreams (I can personally confirm this). Which strongly suggests a shared consciousness. What if this was true? What if a shared consciousness exists?

Wouldn't this mean, that there's a world of thought out there, and every thought you think would attribute to this world? Wouldn't this also mean, that every dream you have attributes to this world? Are we creating this shared consciousness through our dreams and thoughts?

Is this too far-fetched, or actually a possibility? What are your thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Diaboleros]
    #9607415 - 01/14/09 11:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I believe in this possibility... it is not only carls theory...
and if you look further you will find others with similar opinion...

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: ivander] * 1
    #9607465 - 01/14/09 11:44 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I believe with everything I am and know that we are, essentially, all one. Our individual egos like to think otherwise, and this has been a survival mechanism for some time. The time will come though when we reunite as a species, and form a "social memory complex." People who are psychic are doing things more natural then we can currently understand. Telepathy may be more natural than physical language.

This is where morals should come from. If you hurt someone else, your are only hurting yourself. Vengeance no longer makes sense. Separation leads to depression. We're all in this together, and "We" can save the world :smile:.

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: Shared consciousness [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9608448 - 01/14/09 02:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
I believe with everything I am and know that we are, essentially, all one. Our individual egos like to think otherwise, and this has been a survival mechanism for some time. The time will come though when we reunite as a species, and form a "social memory complex." People who are psychic are doing things more natural then we can currently understand. Telepathy may be more natural than physical language.

This is where morals should come from. If you hurt someone else, your are only hurting yourself. Vengeance no longer makes sense. Separation leads to depression. We're all in this together, and "We" can save the world :smile:.

Well said.
:smile:

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9610449 - 01/14/09 07:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I read that people observing monkeys over a period of time noticed that a monkey discovered a new method of getting food from some plant and soon all the other monkeys were observed using the method but some of the monkeys being studied were in completely different groups miles apart yet the new method was observed in them too at the same time.

I don't remember the source or if it was monkeys or a similar animal.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Ego Death]
    #9610700 - 01/14/09 07:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You're referring to the Hundredth Monkey effect.  As far as I'm aware, that was later shown not to be true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_Monkey

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Ego Death]
    #9610793 - 01/14/09 08:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Jung's description of this shared consciousness was the collective unconscious.  Ego Death's narration is a good example of how it works, where discovered information is perceived in the conscious mind and filters into the unified unconscious where it arises in those interconnected randomly.  It even helps to explain things like memes, swarm theory, and even quantum physics.  Those who study consciousness, and psychedelics, consider the collective unconscious as factual.

If you begin to delve into consciousness studies you will discover the prominent theory that everything is conscious, from people down to atoms, and the universe is an aware one, where consciousness gathers in ever-forming complexity.  Keeping with its trajectory, the unified collective unconscious is due to manifest itself in the conscious mind where we are consciously interconnected, and as cosmonautt said, find ourselves no longer needing language to express ourselves, doing so telepathically.

It's really interesting science, i suggest you take further research into it if the concept of shared consciousness intrigues you.

--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: jazzillion]
    #9610877 - 01/14/09 08:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I recently saw this video explaining swarm theory in much simpler terms:

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Silversoul]
    #9613145 - 01/15/09 06:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Very cool and interesting replies here... has anyone experienced this shared consciousness, or has anyone an idea how to access it or how to get in tune with it?

Offlinemyshroomyhead
First Mushy gets the Head
Male

Loc: German Territory
    #9613496 - 01/15/09 09:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think this "reality" defines itself through the many different beings which contain so many different realities.
Maybe it is influencing itself all the time. Therefore changes the realities of single consciousnesses.

Still there must be a reality which is independent of beings who are aware of reality. That's a reasonable thinking, but I'm not sure if reality exists without consciousness to "receive" reality.

Edited by myshroomyhead (01/15/09 09:17 AM)

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: myshroomyhead]
    #9618691 - 01/16/09 12:31 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My friends and I have talked about shared consciousness but that was on dmt not just in general. I would be more interested about hearing shared consciousness through dreams or meditation. That video is really interesting! I like it I am watching it right now. Thanks for posting it.

--------------------

InvisibleDomnu
T-Cell
Male User Gallery

Loc: OC
    #9624434 - 01/17/09 01:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
Very cool and interesting replies here... has anyone experienced this shared consciousness, or has anyone an idea how to access it or how to get in tune with it?

I have very limited experience with it. Although the exact mechanics are unclear I will give you my general understanding of it. For me, the medium was video games, which I'm sure will be frowned upon by someone. In this medium, it was about dancing together. Coordinating your mind with another mind to take down another player. It's not about hearing the other person's thoughts in any coherent language, it's a shared feeling in a dance. It's very hard to describe, but the key for me was being totally open. You can see a scene unfold before your eyes and you fluidly put yourself together for a goal. It stops being about 'I am doing this and I will do that' and it becomes 'We are dancing in the red.'

Being honest and open to the participants in mind merging is mandatory.

I know that will sound corny and inappropriate to a lot of people, but that's my experience with it. I would advise a more peaceful medium if you can find one, I quit those kinds of games - played a game with a 'friend' and haven't done it since, but we discussed it afterwards. I felt crazy so I prompted him to tell me about what he experienced, he said it was something along the lines of ESP.

--------------------
I'm a sheep with flathead screwdriver RNA in a toolbox.

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Domnu]
    #9624822 - 01/17/09 02:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

how do you erase something from your consciousness?

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9640604 - 01/19/09 06:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think you could, I think itd reemerge in some other form one way or another.

I'd contribute shared conciousness to games especially all manner but chess for one always stuck out with me, where as some people I'd crumble down or make mistake one person I did play with who I knew a lot better we actually had quite a stalemate going on it was pretty funny it was like a episode of yugi oh but we were high so we just quit after awhile and left it at that.

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: Shared consciousness [Re: Konyap]
    #9651036 - 01/21/09 09:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Let's assume a shared consciousness exists.
All action is preceded by thought.
All thought is based on this shared consciousness.
This shared consciousness is created by our dreams/thoughts.

So, doesn't this imply, that every single thought we think and every single dream we have is changing this world?

And doesn't this also imply, that it is only thoughts and dreams that change this world? (because all actions are preceded by thought...)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9651057 - 01/21/09 09:50 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am a 100% believer in Carl Jung's psychological model...even to the point that id call myself an impersonalist.

OfflineHalayudha
Empath
Male User Gallery

Loc: fresh air, nature, warm-i...
Re: Shared consciousness [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #21658936 - 05/09/15 08:42 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

'I believe with everything I am and know that we are, essentially, all one. Our individual egos like to think otherwise, and this has been a survival mechanism for some time. The time will come though when we reunite as a species, and form a "social memory complex." People who are psychic are doing things more natural then we can currently understand. Telepathy may be more natural than physical language.

'This is where morals should come from. If you hurt someone else, your are only hurting yourself. Vengeance no longer makes sense. Separation leads to depression. We're all in this together, and "We" can save the world :smile:.'
-c0sm0nautt

In the words of, who was it?, Yep, yep, yep!

:-)

:mushroom2:
:hug:

--------------------
Call me not rebel, though { here at every word
                          {in what I sing
If I no longer hail thee  { King and Lord
                          { Lord and King

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order