Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum] * 1
    #21531893 - 04/11/15 08:15 AM (9 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah, no. They went about it the wrong way and set back legitimate research decades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21531894 - 04/11/15 08:15 AM (9 years, 7 days ago)

I would rather see another ken kesey, owsley Stanley , or nick sand rather than another "Tony Montana" that was really at the heart of what I was getting at.....

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: setb]
    #21531929 - 04/11/15 08:32 AM (9 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

setb said:
Yeah, no. They went about it the wrong way and set back legitimate research decades.

I'm not convinced,
I seriously think that you need to look into the reasons (and key political figures) that truley lead to psychedelics becoming illeagal.

The CIA and DEA is what set psychedelic research back decades, and it had almost nothing to do with the "hippie" movement, though that was a common excuse given to the public.

MKULTRA was government psychedelic research, I suppose that because it was for reaserch and not for inner-space exploration that that makes it ok? (I'm aware this is venturing into the absurd, but I'm trying to make a point)

Alexander shulgin did more for legitamate psychedelic research than anybody, and yet he published PIHKAL/TIHKAL for the EXACT reasons I would like to see a return of free public access to psychedelic compounds.

I think that most people have no idea what made psychedelics illeagal and what really prevented research for so long, and instead of learning what the real issue was they scapegoat the psychedelic community, they blame inner-space-explorers" and psychonauts for making psychedelics illegal, they point fingers at ken kesey, or Alexander shulgin, or earth and fire erowid, and say "its your fault" they say "its your fault that research was set back because you encouraged radical social, mental, spiritual and political change by promoting psychedelics"

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21532942 - 04/11/15 12:51 PM (9 years, 7 days ago)

....to blame ken kesey, Neal cassady, the greatful dead (who was the house band for the acid-tests) and the merry pranksters for psychedelics being illegal and setting research back decades is ridiculous, its a gross over simplification of the issues and an easy scapegoat for those who dislike the psychedelic community who are opperating outside government and university sanctioned research.

-E. Borodin

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

#21533249 - 04/11/15 01:47 PM (9 years, 7 days ago)

I think the timing just wasn't right. It caused a lot of needed social change, interest in spirituality, etc, but perhaps society at-large wasn't ready. One way in which it wasn't ready may have been that we were still early or mid-way into the industrial era. Psychs and marijuana are not especially compatible with that lifestyle. The "soma" of Huxley's Brave New World was not a psychedelic but an opiate for the masses, a badge which alcohol wears, as well as say, uhm...OPIATES. Alcohol, tobacco, pharma-prescribed pills, whatever the substance is...if it's compatible with the current style of gov't, economical model, or whatever the agenda, then it'll be legal.

I don't think its so much that guys like Kesey Leary did things the wrong way. In Leary's famous catch-phrase, "turn on, tune in, and drop out," it was the "drop out" part, as in drop out from society, that Nixon was able to use as fuel...Leary emphasized set and setting like he should've and did great work otherwise, he just pressed a little too hard. Scientific data on psychedelics wasn't yet available to the naive masses, which rendered them gullible and propaganda bait.

The people who don't want weed and psychedelics to be legal and available are those who are the most resistant to change and are stuck in the old 40's vision of what the American Dream was.

I think MK-ultra was abandoned because it was a successful experiment in that they discovered that psychedelics were not very effective tools for mind control. Jan Irvin is wrong and has the whole thing all discombobulated. And I think he is a grade A A-hole with his accusations against several of the heroes of the psychedelic scene, including that Terence Mckenna was a CIA agent whose every word was censored by the gov't, that Huxleys, Leary, Hoffman, and so-on were all part of his "deadhead" hippy type being "manufactured" by the the government. Here's a link to the concerning thread, one of the last posts of which being mine of a video in which Terence McKenna's still-alive brother, Dennis McKenna, denies Jan Irvin's accusations and says it makes him look paranoid: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19997099

Now, slowly and in a behind-the-scenes kind of way, weed and psychs have been integrating into society as the conditions were right (I mean to say that psychs are right at the heels of marijuana policy change, followed by overall drug policy.) The internet has for sure been an expedient in this matter. Not just one big change but many big changes are on the horizon. The myths about renewable energy in the forms of solar power harnessing, wind-turbine, thermal energy, and many more, actually being possible --OMG-- are true; constant innovation in this field alone is enough for drastic change, not to mention 3D printers, robots, nano-technology, virtual and augmented reality technology, genetic modification/repair, etc. By the way, each one supplements the other, exponentiating the progress in each field. We are accelerating toward the cusp, the brink, the edge of inevitable reality bending paradigm shifting events. Us humans are co-creators of reality. Our thoughts become visions, which manifest eventually manifest into some form. AND the closer we are able to "zoom in," the more we realize we hadn't been able to perceive. So, if our linear concept of time is our measuring stick, picture it like a tunnel that is getting narrower but sort of stretching out at the same time, or becoming wider while compressing. (This would make give it at least a second dimension, picture a side-scrolling video game forcing you to move along at various speeds but you're never allowed to actually stop.)

Which would feel longer, 100 yrs stretched out into a thousand or a thousand compressed into 100? Time flies while you're having fun!

Many implications of the new technologies are a bit scary if you picture them in the wrong hands, but it's always been that way. Our idea of what the wrong hand is will change again as well, only more complex and yet simple and complete...more multiple and yet non-dual, more transcended and yet inclusive.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #21562202 - 04/18/15 03:18 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

sheesh,how often does someone at that age handle that much drugs and money??

id totally fuck that up if i were that age (im 30) its just too much.

--------------------

OfflineDirdyD
 User Gallery

Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #21592588 - 04/24/15 09:28 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I have a few well connected friends that would be giddy if I had that stash.  Holy heck.

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Darknet Vendor Shiny Flakes busted with 320 kilos....(video included) [Re: DirdyD]
    #21609554 - 04/28/15 03:05 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

The amount of pills there is just unreal.

How the hell did they find bit coins "in the rooms" ? Haha

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order