Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways * 1
    #21603881 - 04/27/15 12:52 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

https://news.therawfoodworld.com/patent-how-mushrooms-can-help-save-the-world-positive-ways/

Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways

For the last 35 years, one man has taken an extensive look at mushrooms. He has collected, cultivated, and studied mushrooms. He’s written several articles and books that have earned him world-renown credibility. (1,2) Amazing but true, he has figured out how to use mushrooms to keep insects from destroying crops.
Who is this man? Paul Stamets

As a founder of Fungi Perfect and the world’s leading mycologist, Paul Stamets is an active researcher in the medicinal properties of mushrooms. He has also been involved in several studies on cancer and HIV treatments using mushrooms. Stamets serves on the editorial board of the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms and is an advisor to the Program for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona. (2)

“Paul has figured out how to use Mother Nature’s own creations to keep insects from destroying crops. It is what’s being called SMART pesticides. These biopesticides provide a safe & nearly permanent solution for controlling over 200,000 species of insects, and it is all thanks to the ‘magic’ of mushrooms.” (3)

Stamets creates this miraculous biopesticide by “taking entomopathogenic Fungi (fungi that destroys insects)” and morphing the fungi until they no longer produce spores. This morphing attracts the insects, who then eat the fungi, and actually turn into fungi from the inside out! (3)
It took 5 years for the patent to be approved and few people know about it.

Stamets claims that mushrooms can help save the world and he’s written several books regarding the topic, such as Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms, and Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World. (1)

The first patent was filed in 2001 and initially it was given very little attention. Within the patent, Stamets states, “The matrix of preconidial fungi can optionally be dried, freeze-dried, cooled and/or pelletized and packaged and reactivated for use as an effective insect attractant and/or biopesticide.” (4,5)

In 2003, Stamets filed the patent again stating that, “Such fungal delivery systems are useful for purposes including ecological rehabilitation and restoration, preservation and improvement of habitats, bioremediation of toxic wastes and polluted sites, filtration of agricultural, mine and urban runoff, improvement of agricultural yields, and control of biological organisms.” (4,6)

The patent was granted in 2006 and has gained very little recognition. One possibility is that it would put the pesticides and GMOs out of business. As this news about a healthy sustainable solution to pests continues to spread, it will be an exciting step forward in making this planet a better place to live. (3)
Things we can do to live in a better world

In addition to detoxifying our bodies from pesticides that we’ve ingested over the years (7), we can also consider purchasing organic produce, finding a farmer’s market to help support local farmers, or even participate in community gardening.

Mushrooms are an excellent food to help keep us healthy, be used as medicine, and help preserve the environment. Go ahead and share this amazing patent and stop GMOs from taking over!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNamyellit
Stranger

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: dwpineal]
    #21603967 - 04/27/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Freakin' :awecid:

Invisiblejoe2
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: appalachia
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Namyellit]
    #21604036 - 04/27/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: dwpineal]
    #21604640 - 04/27/15 04:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome! Hopefully the big chem boys don't try to sweep this under the rug.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Le_Canard]
    #21605785 - 04/27/15 07:53 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think they will try and will sometimes succeed...but this will catch on more and more...

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

InvisibleBuck513

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #21607121 - 04/28/15 01:07 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

This makes me want to become an extremely sophisticated mycologist even more.
God I love mushrooms, psychedelic or not.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Loc: FREE PSYCHONAUTICA
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Buck513]
    #21612001 - 04/29/15 03:36 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

is there an available product?

--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways *DELETED* [Re: rxb]
    #21612849 - 04/29/15 10:40 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by EastBayRay

Reason for deletion: c

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: EastBayRay]
    #21612860 - 04/29/15 10:43 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

any car can run on water.

also... making hydrogen is pretty fucking easy.... its called lye and silicon ... which are both cheap as fuck and stable.... you add a little water, you get a FUCK LOAD of hydrogen...

its a much better system than running anything on gasoline.

--------------------

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Invisiblejbaby007
Badass
I'm a teapot

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: rxb]
    #21613179 - 04/29/15 12:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think I remember seeing a talk of his on youtube where he shows this ant that has a mushroom growing out of it's head. They like infested his house or something. This shit is cool. Let's get rid of GMOs.

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: jbaby007]
    #21613509 - 04/29/15 02:27 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yeah its in ALL three of his ted talks, i dunno if there is a product out yet tho.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: rxb] * 1
    #21613898 - 04/29/15 04:16 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EastBayRay said:
You've all heard about the guy that made a car that fueled on only water and was then poisoned to death shortly after he was greeted by some men in black suits, right?

It is not possible to fuel a car only on water.

Quote:

rxb said:
any car can run on water.

No car can run on water unless they also have a compressed air tank and shoot the water out to move - and have a range of a few hundred yards.

Quote:

also... making hydrogen is pretty fucking easy.... its called lye and silicon ... which are both cheap as fuck and stable.... you add a little water, you get a FUCK LOAD of hydrogen...

Pure silicon takes a lot of energy to isolate - much more than you would get back when you burn the hydrogen.

Quote:

its a much better system than running anything on gasoline.

It is a much worse system than running on gasoline.

Quote:

rxb said:
yeah its in ALL three of his ted talks, i dunno if there is a product out yet tho.

It was patented ten years ago but nothing has been marketed, perhaps due to impracticality. 

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #21614193 - 04/29/15 05:22 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

any car can run on water, i reciently made an hho generator with stainless steel washers and pvp pipe and we ran a lawnmower on it.... it only has to be larger to run a car.

Quote:

Pure silicon takes a lot of energy to isolate - much more than you would get back when you burn the hydrogen.

its actually not hard... or expencive. its cheaper than oil

Quote:

its not... the byproduct is just water, silicon is abundant resource and its pretty easy to purify...

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21614197 - 04/29/15 05:23 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rxb said:
any car can run on water, i reciently made an hho generator with stainless steel washers and pvp pipe and we ran a lawnmower on it.... it only has to be larger to run a car.

Quote:

its actually not hard... or expencive. its cheaper than oil

Quote:

its not... the byproduct is just water and water-glass, silicon is abundant resource and its pretty easy to purify...[its far better than gasoline in lots of ways./quote]

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #21614339 - 04/29/15 06:01 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Don't forget converting NaCl to NaOH is an extremely inefficient process to produce H2.

--------------------

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: fapjack]
    #21614415 - 04/29/15 06:15 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

lol... it frankly isnt... but that doesnt matter because the resources for it are plentiful and cheap... you could run a car on on 2 tablespoon of dry mix and 5 mls od water for 600 miles or so.

and create nothing but water. thats like $5

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Edited by rxb (04/29/15 06:16 PM)

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21614429 - 04/29/15 06:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

seriously i spent $20 on washers and an old car battery and made a lawn mower run on water... this isnt that tricky.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21614439 - 04/29/15 06:20 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

i think stamits also did something where mushrooms make a diesel fuel.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

#21614712 - 04/29/15 07:15 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Any car can run on water and it's inexpensive and easy...? Come on that's crazy talk! I have zero knowledge of how internal combustion engines or any kind of engine works, but I've never heard of this. I've heard of many different attempts at other car fuel sources that were not yet cost/power-effective enough but this is a first with water. Maybe you're some kind of mechanical genius.

I think what many guys on this site probably think: that all kinds of renewable energy technologies would be much further along if it weren't for ol' Big Oil and Big Electricity, like how marijuana and psychedelics have been held back by Big Alcohol and Big Tobacco.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #21614853 - 04/29/15 07:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

the way i did the lawnmower was this... i saw a guy who made hho with washers.... so i improved his. and made it so at proper spacing the i'd put a bigger washer... as an electrode.

so it was a stack of small washers with rubber spacing for about an inch and a half (i forget what the measurements were).

then a big washer... bigger than my pvc so it stuck out a ways.

you do this over and over. washer spacer... 10 times or so... then a big one... .. so when you are done it looks like pvc with washers at 1 and a half inch gaps or so...

each section is 3 big washers... the two outside ones are posative and the inside is negative.....

3 sections and a car battery (thus an alternator)... was plenty to run the lawn mower on water.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21614871 - 04/29/15 07:40 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

its like that but mine was better because it held water... so you didnt need to wire it from the inside.

you would probably need 50 sections to run a car, but i doubt it would draw more power than the alternator could put out.

i havent tested it... it would probably cost $1000

im not sure running cars on water is as good an idea as hydrogen from minerals... but its doable for sure.

and there are guys with HHO cars on the road.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Edited by rxb (04/29/15 07:44 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #21616307 - 04/30/15 04:37 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rxb said:

You can't run a lawnmower off of water.  You might have been running it off of electricity.

Quote:

rxb said:
lol... it frankly isnt... but that doesnt matter because the resources for it are plentiful and cheap... you could run a car on on 2 tablespoon of dry mix and 5 mls od water for 600 miles or so.

and create nothing but water. thats like $5

What kind of chemical reaction are you talking about here?  Two tablespoons of what to go 600 miles on water?

Quote:

dwnlw2slw said:
Any car can run on water and it's inexpensive and easy...? Come on that's crazy talk! I have zero knowledge of how internal combustion engines or any kind of engine works, but I've never heard of this.

There are thousands of videos about it on youtube.  All hoaxes though.

Quote:

I think what many guys on this site probably think: that all kinds of renewable energy technologies would be much further along if it weren't for ol' Big Oil and Big Electricity, like how marijuana and psychedelics have been held back by Big Alcohol and Big Tobacco.

Actually big oil does not suppress any energy technologies.  At the end of the day, energy is difficult to make on a large scale, and petroleum is the cheapest way to do it.

InvisibleBuck513

#21616309 - 04/30/15 04:39 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I just :facepalm: at probably 70% of posts I've seen by rxb.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Buck513]
    #21617357 - 04/30/15 12:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

well, we did ... it wasnt a hoax... and we got good results... so smack your head if you like.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21617360 - 04/30/15 12:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Mushroom Patent Could Radically Change the World in Positive Ways [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #21619111 - 04/30/15 07:59 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Actually big oil does not suppress any energy technologies.  At the end of the day, energy is difficult to make on a large scale, and petroleum is the cheapest way to do it.

If this is true and there really is nothing holding back more renewable sources of energy for our coveted metal boxes on wheels, then we will continue to rape-suck the planet dry of it's vital lube (oil) because, well, everything else just pails in comparison to petroleum in terms of cost effectiveness...the US alone uses upwards of 20 million barrels of oil per day. Now, the Chinese are tossing there bikes aside in favor of cars. This is happening everywhere and at this exponential rate of petrol use, there's no way the outcome can be all that good as fossil fuels are not infinitely available.

I also find the cost effectiveness to be somehow strange, considering it costs a million per day to run the cheapest off-shore rig. Millions are spent drilling to find that it's the wrong spot, which isn't all that uncommon. I worked for a pipeline company once and those guys wipe their asses with unfathomable amounts of money. Something seems off with the "cost effectiveness." I guess you can't hate those guys who pull the strings for their acceptance of non-stop growing profit...non-stop despite the unfathomable amounts of money they are expending. That's what's so unfathomable; it's like the more they spend, the more they make. It takes money to make money I guess.

I live in Houston, TX, where several multi-millionaires and billionaires live. They all have their hands in that industry. By the way, I would venture to say that Houston has proportionally one of the lowest number of electric car chargers in parking lots of all cities, especially considering how rich the city is. Why? The socio-political atmosphere is such that your average so-called "conservative republican" will outright deny the usefulness of any other form of energy than petroleum. It is even a romance issue as the baby-boomers were once-upon-a-time swooned by the sweet fumes of their first baby on wheels. They not only deny alternative fuel sources but hate the mere idea of them, the same way they hate the idea of any suggestion of possibly NOT destroying the entire rainforest(s).

There is an extreme anti-environmental movement backlash out there, one that has been underway for a couple decades and I believe we are fast-approaching its apex. When I say extreme and that they hate environmentalism to an unreasonable degree, I'm not exaggerating. Why? This is not because Big Oil doesn't have lobbyist types running around raising awareness about the dangers of the boogeymen in alternative and renewable energies. That certainly happens.

Perhaps petroleum is still the most cost-effective way to feed our vehicular prisms, but that's only because that's the system we began installing so long ago and we are just afraid of weening ourselves off of it as we install other systems, because the other systems would entail drastic change on many levels, including our entire economic model, as our economy is based on how fast and cheaply we can suck that shit out of the ground, not to mention how fast we can invade other countries and steal their shit.

So, maybe the Big Oil CEO's aren't personally sending lobbyists out, but it is happening and maybe it's just something that comes from a fear in which we all are so intrinsically entrenched...that Big Oil does't even have to pay the lobbyists; they proudly and passionately volunteer to nay-say any and every eco-centric point ever made.

Also, btw, I lived in Germany for a few years and this anti-environmentalist notion is certainly NOT as alive and well as in the US. Could it be because they don't have much oil under their ground and so they're more-or-less forced to be the one of the top innovating countries in green technology in the world? Or do they just look at this from a different perspective? I pick the latter.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale