Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefunwithdxm

Man Shot dead (while tripping?)
    #21560999 - 04/17/15 07:13 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Source
March 24, 2015 5:20 am  •  By Nico Savidge
State authorities investigating the March 6 killing of 19-year-old Tony Robinson say they will turn over reports from their inquiry to the Dane County District Attorney’s Office at the end of this week.

District Attorney Ismael Ozanne will use those reports to decide whether to criminally charge Madison Police Officer Matt Kenny, who shot and killed Robinson in the stairway of a Near East Side apartment home.

Records from the inquiry, led by the state Division of Criminal Investigation, will not be made public at least until Ozanne has made his decision, Department of Justice spokeswoman Anne Schwartz said.

Police say Kenny shot Robinson, who was unarmed, after Robinson punched him in the head and knocked him off balance around 6:30 p.m. on March 6. Robinson’s death sparked a series of protests, in part because he was black while Kenny is white.

Schwartz said state authorities plan to meet with Ozanne on Friday “to provide the remainder of our reports” from the investigation.

If Ozanne decides not to file charges against Kenny for his actions in the shooting, Schwartz said, records from the investigation will be made public once he does so.

If Ozanne does charge Kenny, the records will not be released as long as the case against him is active.

After he receives the DCI report, Ozanne can also request more information or further investigation from the agency.

City and police officials have asked the public to reserve judgment in the shooting until the investigation is complete.

Much of what happened in the moments leading up to the shooting has not been released publicly. Madison police have referred questions about the incident to state authorities, who say they are not releasing details about the case to avoid jeopardizing the investigation.

Kenny and two other officers had been called to the house at 1125 Williamson St. for a report that Robinson was running in traffic and had battered two people before going back inside the home, authorities said. Kenny was the first to arrive, and went inside the home after hearing a disturbance, according to police.

Relatives and friends have said Robinson took hallucinogenic mushrooms on March 6 and had been acting “agitated” on the night of the shooting.

It’s not clear how long Ozanne’s review of the case will take. His office did not immediately respond to a message Monday afternoon asking if there was a timetable for when his decision would be made, and previous shootings show a range of time for the review.

Ozanne cleared Madison police officers involved in two fatal shootings last May within a month of each incident. After the controversial 2012 killing of musician Paul Heenan, Ozanne decided not to charge Officer Stephen Heimsness a little more than a month and a half later.

In Milwaukee County, state authorities gave their report on the April 30 shooting of Dontre Hamilton to District Attorney John Chisholm more than three months after that incident; Chisholm reviewed the case for an additional 41/2 months before clearing the Milwaukee police officer who killed Hamilton, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

I hope this was no one any of us knew.
    best regards to his poor family.

--------------------
..respect the elders..

Edited by funwithdxm (04/17/15 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanarchyfan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: funwithdxm]
    #21561626 - 04/17/15 10:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I saw a recent graphic of a poll indicating that the police shoot more white people and kill them, then they shoot and kill black people.  You don't see most news reports about white guys getting shot unjustly.  I think the tries to spin the racial side of these things so people won't take them seriously, but this affects every citizen.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: anarchyfan]
    #21561688 - 04/17/15 11:05 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

meh maybe they're a bit younger...

Offlineel8tch
LHLHLHLHLHLH
Male

Loc: Penn's Woods Flag
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Konyap]
    #21561769 - 04/17/15 11:37 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

They really need to mandate the use of more non-lethal weaponry for law enforcement. The idea of scared cops reacting in the moment with little more than a deadly weapon to defend themselves is alarming.

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: el8tch]
    #21562272 - 04/18/15 04:56 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

they are not releasing details about the case to avoid jeopardizing the investigation.

If anything would jeopardize an investigation into what happened, it's details about what happened. Especially when by "investigation" you mean "cover up".

InvisibleCapers
Man About Town
Male

Loc: United States Flag
    #21562335 - 04/18/15 05:54 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Getting shot to death is what happens when you punch a cop in the head, regardless of race. What, are cops supposed to try to peacefully detain these people?

OfflineMental Taco
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Capers]
    #21562763 - 04/18/15 09:46 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Capers said:
Getting shot to death is what happens when you punch a cop in the head, regardless of race. What, are cops supposed to try to peacefully detain these people?

No, but he had a gun why would he not have a tazer on him too? If dude got close enough to punch him why wouldnt he have just tazed or pepper sprayed him.

--------------------
Did you not know that the royal hunting grounds are always forbidden?

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Mental Taco]
    #21563565 - 04/18/15 12:34 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mental Taco said:
Quote:

Capers said:

No, but he had a gun why would he not have a tazer on him too? If dude got close enough to punch him why wouldnt he have just tazed or pepper sprayed him.

besides it must been a real wimpy cop what kind of moron police officer lets himself being knocked out by a teenager that is out of his mind on shrooms??

arent police officers trained in hand to hand self defense too???

Offlinefunwithdxm

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: AIRDOG]
    #21563702 - 04/18/15 01:03 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Police are different in the mid-west. It is not unusual for them to be well within an arms reach of the suspect.  also, the whole big deal is about how he reacted -  People agree with you airdog

--------------------
..respect the elders..

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
    #21565583 - 04/18/15 09:39 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Of course the officer won't get charged; it said the attorney let officers go before.
Makes me sick another kid in countless victims of the police and war on drugs.

When will people get angry, when we're all dead or in prison? This is war after all..
Where are all the radical pissed off revolutionaries? i miss 'em, they got shit done.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

OfflineObservatory
Male

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: ellomello]
    #21566347 - 04/19/15 04:28 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

and so castles made of sand...

--------------------
Look around you

OfflineShroom Kitty
Im just a kitty

Loc: Earth Realm
    #21566611 - 04/19/15 07:47 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not calling anybody a liar but this story seems fake. Yes it probably happened but the pay about the mushrooms was inserted to drive a narrative.. No where but one spot does it say mushrooms.. You think that would have been the main story

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Shroom Kitty]
    #21566814 - 04/19/15 09:06 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

i have to disagree slightly, all it says is "he had taken mushrooms and seemed
agitated the day of the shooting." The only good thing about this story is they
didn't sensationalize parts about mushrooms, but the main story is the murder.

i bet the victim was just upset about being sent into a bad trip by the officer,
and wanted to take back some of his power, and to tell his friends about later.
Now he's dead. This thread is the only justice that he will ever get. The end.

--------------------

Offlinehighonlifeanddrugs
Stranger
Male

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Shroom Kitty]
    #21566911 - 04/19/15 09:27 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I really hope people don't use this story as propaganda to say that mushrooms and psychedelics are evil. We really need to get all this bad stigma from not just weed anymore but psychedelics now too.

--------------------
For the sake of dick measuring purposes I shall include a list of drugs I have done for no particular reason other than to keep track of this shit.
Weed, Alcohol, Spice/Fake, Amphetamines (Adderall etc.), Shrooms, 25i-NBOMe, DXM, Kratom, bk-MDMA, LSD, LSZ, AL-LAD, 4-Aco-DMT, MDMA, MDA, DMT, Ketamine, MXE, Cocaine, Heroin, Xananx, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Nitrous Oxide

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: highonlifeanddrugs]
    #21568351 - 04/19/15 02:41 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Can't say I feel super bad about people who get shot because they decided it was a good idea to punch a cop in the head..should be expected by now. Of course I don't know the full story :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinejsmoyo
Stranger

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: anarchyfan]
    #21574041 - 04/21/15 12:15 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

anarchyfan said:
I saw a recent graphic of a poll indicating that the police shoot more white people and kill them, then they shoot and kill black people.  You don't see most news reports about white guys getting shot unjustly.  I think the tries to spin the racial side of these things so people won't take them seriously, but this affects every citizen.

I tried to find support for that claim while comparing the number of arrests of white and black people with the number of police killings of white and black people. I found that .00006 arrests of white people end up in a police killing, and .00009 arrests of black people end up in a police killing. There was 3 or 4 zeroes I don't recall that part it was like 2 days ago.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Mental Taco]
    #21581999 - 04/22/15 08:56 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mental Taco said:
Quote:

Capers said:

A punch to the head is not enough to justify shooting and killing. I tazer and pepper spray would both work. If the cop absolutely MUST use his gun, then whatever happened to a shot to the leg, the arm, somewhere non-lethal? If it's a big guy on top of a cop and he has to do something quick before his scull gets caved in then yeah, maybe shoot wherever, but the cop better have the guy's blood all over his uniform.

And a cop not being a good marksman is not an excuse for not being able to get a leg shot. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be given a gun. I mean, if they're not well-trained in hand-to-hand combat --of course they're not because they're too busy sitting in their car eating donuts-- then they should at the very least be HIGHLY capable when it comes to shooting and marksmanship.

And if they are so capable in that way, then wtf? Are they trained for body/torso/belly shots only or what?...and WHY?

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

Edited by dwnlw2slw (04/22/15 08:58 PM)

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: highonlifeanddrugs]
    #21582032 - 04/22/15 09:05 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

highonlifeanddrugs said:
I really hope people don't use this story as propaganda to say that mushrooms and psychedelics are evil. We really need to get all this bad stigma from not just weed anymore but psychedelics now too.

Of course they're gonna try, but it won't be to much avail. The generations of people who actually fell for that crap are dying out. Sure many young people might fall for it too if stories like this were the only ones they'd ever heard of, but there's just too much saying otherwise out their now. So yeah, I agree that we need to get rid of the bad stigma AND time is on our side, so we don't have to try very hard.

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #21587389 - 04/23/15 06:52 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

You can only use the taser once sometimes

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Re: Man Shot dead (while tripping?) [Re: Konyap]
    #21590835 - 04/24/15 02:33 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Can only use a gun once most times.. might look bad if they empty the clip.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom