Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjskipmode
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: pa wv area
hello got a question and need sum help
    #21556459 - 04/16/15 05:54 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Hey I bought sum jars from mid west I know. But I was feeling lazy and didn't want to.mix the stuff up and do all that. Well any ways. Sum of th jars were dryer out and I knocked them up.anyways . Well nothing grow in them. So my question is what should I do with the jars
    Should I shoot sum clean water in them . Or should I pressure cooker them again. But if I.just pressure cook them will that put water in the jars from being re pressure cooked

--------------------
Here to lrean.here to listen. Here to grow. Please teach me and help a newbie out. Muchlove and respect

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: djskipmode]
    #21556552 - 04/16/15 06:15 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Wash them with soap and save them for when you really want to grow.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Loc: Man of the Moon
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #21556771 - 04/16/15 07:20 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

...the teks have been written to be as easy as possible. Cutting corners is for veteran cultivators. As a fellow novice I can advise you that trying to get around steps or having these veterans do the learning for you wont fly. As stated above ditch the jars and start over when you're ready to take it seriously

--------------------
My LC Manual (With custom LC lid Tek) ~~ Required Mycology Supplies ~~ Agar Work Videos ~~ L G M
AMU Q&A-NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL! KEEP THAT IN MIND! BUY THE TICKET: TAKE THE RIDE

Check out my Retail Gourmet Mushroom Farm!

Mycologist217 is a fictitious entity that uses images supplied by Google to mask his/her inability to develop normal social habits.

OfflineDarkside88
A Stranger
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Mycologist217]
    #21556783 - 04/16/15 07:23 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

pc'ing should never alter your moisture content....

--------------------

Offlinedjskipmode
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Mycologist217]
    #21556792 - 04/16/15 07:25 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

No I got a bunch of jars going in the fc right now fruiting and been .and I got a few grows under my belt too. My glove box I made the glass for the top I missed placed so I got to get a new one. But I would me just pressure cooking them would that put water into the jars or would I have to put water into the jars ??  I thought it be worth trying. Unless a lot of you guys think it's a stupid ideal.

--------------------
Here to lrean.here to listen. Here to grow. Please teach me and help a newbie out. Muchlove and respect

Invisiblejbaby007
Badass
I'm a teapot

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #21556824 - 04/16/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Offlineboodog420
daytripper
Male

Loc: Ohigho Flag
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: jbaby007]
    #21556851 - 04/16/15 07:39 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

If you call and tell them that they were dry they will send you new ones. But making your own is so easy and cheap!

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: boodog420]
    #21556869 - 04/16/15 07:42 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Check out the Sig..

So my thoughts on were to go from here...

Mycelium will colonize visually dry substrates, but it might take longer to see germination. I would imagine that if the look visually dry you can probably inject 1cc per hole instead of 1/4 cc, but in the end I would consider reading my salvage your grow kits link. It will help you get back on track.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: jbaby007]
    #21556881 - 04/16/15 07:46 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Cakes are made on a particular ratio of water:verm:BRF. it would be hard to know how much water you need to add to get the moisture right. You could just end up wasting more spores by getting the cakes too wet or leaving them still too dry.

I've never re-PC'd cakes before, but I have re-PC'd grains a few times and they were dried out afterwards. I tried to compensate a couple of times by adding just a little water and they got real sticky and clumpy. The point is, re=PCing can mess with the moisture content of stuff; it's a fact based on personal experience.

This is why premade stuff often sucks. If you want it right, do it yourself. If you mess up, it's cheaper to do it agin because you already probably have all the stuff. it can be hard to fix stuff sometimes and it's best to just start over.

Now that you have the jars, you just need vermiculite ($5-$6), BRF (1$-$5) depending on amount you buy) a pot to steam sterilize them (you might already have or dirt cheap at the thrift store). Aluminum foil ($1-$3 depending where you go)

It's easier than baking a cake.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

OfflineDarkside88
A Stranger
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #21556960 - 04/16/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

your jars might get dry yeah ,but it shouldn't add moisture , not a noticeable amount anyway that's half the reason for putting tinfoil over the top the jar, besides keeping any filter dry it should keep additional moisture from entering.

--------------------

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Darkside88]
    #21556987 - 04/16/15 08:17 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I agree, the foil should keep any additional moisture from getting in.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Offlinedjskipmode
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#21557170 - 04/16/15 08:52 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I got a 5 foot tall bag of veg and perlitee . So I'm good on both ends of that. I got a coffee grander I just use for branding my substrate up .. and I got a pretty advice fc. Like better then 95 percent of the ones I see on here and other places. Like I got all I need. And got replacement jars for the dry one  . But I got like 10 or so spore syringes with 1 to 6 cc in them. All mix kinds. I was saving them so I could make more spore syringes and so I could use those to learn with N  to play with. I was saving a few of them cause they were really good and I wanted to try and clone them after I grow them. But byways. I wAs thinking about just using them to try n re knock up sum of the jars and see if they grow. What do you guys think. ???? Also I'm trying to get on the marketplace  So I can meet people to learn more . Cause all the people I've been talking to are newbies and don't know much or more then me. I wan  to meet people who grown bulk and grow all type of mushroom. I'm growing osyster pearl right now too.

--------------------

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21557369 - 04/16/15 09:31 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

The market place is for buying, selling, and trading stuff. You won't learn much about growing.

You are in the right forum to learn to grow.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Offlinedjskipmode
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#21562099 - 04/18/15 01:54 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Lol I know what the marketplace. Is a lol about I just didn't an to say why u did. Trying to play dumb u know  lol

--------------------

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21562378 - 04/18/15 06:25 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

The people who you are currently talking to are about as experienced with growing all types of mushrooms in all environments. If you keep this thread going you will learn everything you will ever need. Between myself and spitball and the lot of other KB's that will eventually jump on this thread, you have almost 10-15 years of experience.

If you already have the jars that are dried out, and you have the vermiculite you will just need some brown rice and grind it into flower with your coffee grinder.

Dump the contents of the premade jars out and wash them, and then use the jars to make new cakes. I wouldn't waste the spores in your syringes on old dry jars.

OfflineDina
Hi, I'm Dina
Female

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Sockadin]
    #21562386 - 04/18/15 06:28 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
[gradient:#E8469C,#]I am glad that I found for myself that, so far only gain experience but really want to try to grow their own, thank you all that you are! kiss you[/gradient]

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Dina]
    #21562477 - 04/18/15 07:21 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, I would just make them the tried and true way. Also, when mixing the  verm and BRF there is a reason you add the water to the verm then add the BRF. It is so the BRF sticks to the verm and mixes up evenly. Also you if doing the PF-Tek you don't want to screw up your dry verm layer.

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

OfflineDina
Hi, I'm Dina
Female

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: FreeWorldOrder]
    #21562506 - 04/18/15 07:42 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I made the straw,. vermiculite no

--------------------
[gradient:#E8469C,#]I am glad that I found for myself that, so far only gain experience but really want to try to grow their own, thank you all that you are! kiss you[/gradient]

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: Dina]
    #21562514 - 04/18/15 07:50 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dina said:
I made the straw,. vermiculite no

I was answering the OP's question.

Not sure what you are talking about "sausages & straw"...lol.

Can't get your pictures to load and some people don't like clicking on strange links.

To save confusion you may try using the picture upload function for the site and start your own thread... :shrug:

I would be more than willing to help you out...:thumbup:

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

Edited by FreeWorldOrder (04/18/15 07:52 AM)

OfflineDina
Hi, I'm Dina
Female

Re: hello got a question and need sum help [Re: FreeWorldOrder]
    #21562528 - 04/18/15 07:58 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds