Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    #21531385 - 04/11/15 01:02 AM (9 years, 8 days ago)

Kind of surprised there wasn't already for a thread for this. Any of you guys gonna pick this up? It's easily the game I'm the most excited for this year and the one game I've been confident enough in the devs to preorder since 2011. From the details released so far main storyline is supposed to take around 50 hours (fastest internal tester finished in 25) with a few dozen more hours of side quests and other shit to do. Fully open world with seamless transitions from environment to environment and no invisible walls. Blah blah blah. The Witcher and Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings are some of my favorite RPGs of all time and every clip I've seen of Wild Hunt is only stoking the fire.

Also you get to fuck sorceress hoes on a mothafuckin unicorn. :vato:

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

Edited by Cj-B (04/11/15 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Cj-B] * 1
    #21535352 - 04/11/15 11:04 PM (9 years, 7 days ago)

yes,yes,yes and yes with a side of yes on top of a layer of yes with a yes on top.

Also, yes.

I cant WAIT.  The witcher series is exactly what I wish *MORE* RPG's did as far as the maturity of the content and the quality.  When I played 2 it was like finally seeing a good series made by HBO vs some series made by NBC.  Sometimes the maturity level of games really ruins immersion for me with all its subtle censorship and how the content is written to not be overly gorey or overely sexual or overly profane.  Real life isnt that dulled down, and fucked up shit def happens.  Witcher series has always embraced that style of writing and game play.

Geralt actually feels like a proper human being with proper reactions and emotions to stuff.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineCj-B
Male

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: mndfreeze]
    #21537881 - 04/12/15 03:22 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
yes,yes,yes and yes with a side of yes on top of a layer of yes with a yes on top.

Also, yes.

I cant WAIT.  The witcher series is exactly what I wish *MORE* RPG's did as far as the maturity of the content and the quality.  When I played 2 it was like finally seeing a good series made by HBO vs some series made by NBC.  Sometimes the maturity level of games really ruins immersion for me with all its subtle censorship and how the content is written to not be overly gorey or overely sexual or overly profane.  Real life isnt that dulled down, and fucked up shit def happens.  Witcher series has always embraced that style of writing and game play.

Geralt actually feels like a proper human being with proper reactions and emotions to stuff.

Aye. The political (and emotional) weight behind some of the decisions totally blew me away after I got into the Witcher 2 (which admittedly took me a couple tries, the prologue was pretty boring for me). :lol: Talking to a friend about it after I beat the game was what really got me when we were both like "WTF are you talking about, that didn't happen." or "Who the fuck is Saskia/Dethmold" and realized that the game actually diverges into 2 totally separate paths early on in the game based on a kind of impulsive decision. Was really nice to play an RPG where you're not RP'ing YOURSELF, but you're RP'ing Geralt of Rivia, so you can't just do whatever bullshit you feel like doing (murdering everyone involved in a quest, pointlessly betraying people, magically get everyone from all factions to love you, etc:).

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Cj-B]
    #21553028 - 04/15/15 09:15 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Yes.  I'm looking forward to this one being an open world and a lot less restrictive as the second was.  I also had a bit of a problem with the prologue in 2, but once it got going I really dug it. 

However it was just SOOOO linear that once I went through it that was it.  I tried to play it again just to go down a different pathway but I just couldnt get into it a second time as it mostly still felt the same with slight differences, not as massive as I thought they would be.

Of course I love both styles of RPG, linear and open world, when done right.  I wasted sooooooooo muuuucccchhh timmmmeee in skyrim because I even had fun just running around the big open world.  But I get more invested in linear storylines personally because they tend to be far more detailed and in depth due to the nature of the game style.

Wtih Witcher 3 I'm really hoping we get the level of story depth and character depth the earlier games had, but now with the big wide open world to run amok in, sex0ring nymphs and murdering owlbears.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineMachina
High Level Chicanery

#21582773 - 04/23/15 02:14 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't played the previous games but am very excited for this one. I like that the devs seem to have a very gamer oriented approach, not sacrificing the vision of What they wanted to make for the publishers sake. It looks absolutely gorgeous as well, not even mad they decided to push release back previously.

Would it be wise to read up on the back story some? It seems like this series takes the lore and mythology seriously. If so, anyone point me to maybe a good website or something that would help with this?

OfflineCj-B
Male

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Machina]
    #21584871 - 04/23/15 09:49 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Machina said:
I haven't played the previous games but am very excited for this one. I like that the devs seem to have a very gamer oriented approach, not sacrificing the vision of What they wanted to make for the publishers sake. It looks absolutely gorgeous as well, not even mad they decided to push release back previously.

Would it be wise to read up on the back story some? It seems like this series takes the lore and mythology seriously. If so, anyone point me to maybe a good website or something that would help with this?

Yeah you should definitely read into the lore some. If you've got the time and inclination I'd highly recommend picking up the first two games in the series (they're regularly on sale for ~$5) or just look up game recaps if you're pressed for time. There's also a series of books that I'm told are great but I haven't had the chance to read myself yet. It's kind of important imo that you play the games rather than just looking up a wiki though, because a pretty solid chunk of the games happenings are directly tied to your action/inaction so different games can lead to dramatically different results. I think I might have a spare Witcher 2 key I got from some GOG promotion awhile back lying around if you're interested?

Barring that the Witcher Wiki is fairly thorough from what I remember, and there are definitely at least a few lore focuses lets plays on youtube (Shoddycast is the only one I'm aware of off the top of my head, but apparently he skims over a lot of important details and is sort of misleading)

http://knightofphoenix.tumblr.com/witcher <--- this is probably the best lore/politics thing I've seen for Witcher 2. It's very spoiler-y but it's got a lot of good information and some stuff I didn't pick up on in two full playthroughs.

--------------------

Edited by Cj-B (04/23/15 09:52 AM)

OfflineCj-B
Male

#21684974 - 05/15/15 10:06 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:waitingpatiently:  Only a bit over 3 days left...   :needsomeair:  :justcantwait: :needsomeair:

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21685596 - 05/16/15 01:17 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg hhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #21691293 - 05/17/15 04:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

i've never played this
but I ordered a copy
just realized the guy with white hair is the legolas looking dude from the first two games

OfflineCj-B
Male

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Konyap]
    #21695761 - 05/18/15 07:54 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Getting decent FPS on high settings with my 760. 45-50 usually...It;s oretty cool already, though I'm only about an hour and a half into it.

--------------------

OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

#21697125 - 05/19/15 04:17 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The system specs look like they'd murder my computer. Which sucks really badly, because I'm a big fan. Read the books and everything. I'm just going to try and do a little, emm, not so legal test first to see if it works on my system and if it does, I'm buying it. I wouldn't even care about graphics, really. I just want it to work so I can play through the story.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Satyr604]
    #21697644 - 05/19/15 09:29 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

This game looks badass, I just wish it was online.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

OfflineKonyap

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Herbologist]
    #21699216 - 05/19/15 05:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
This game looks badass, I just wish it was online.

Must online games cant get the balances right imo
better off with a singleplayer only game sometimes...

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
    #21701775 - 05/20/15 09:44 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I just think single player is a big waste of money.  Nothing is ever left to have fun with once you beat a game that is campaign only

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Re: Herbologist]
    #21704468 - 05/20/15 10:12 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I picked it up with a 30%off coupon I had through greenmangaming.  Just started playing it today, pretty awesome so far.  The controls feel a little clunky to me though.  I seem to remember having similiar issues on the witcher 2 but got used to it. 

I am playing with a 360 controller on my PC of course.  I have a 680 and using the settings "geforce experience" recommends for the game which is mostly ultra and high settings.  I am getting a tiny bit of stuttering on cutscenes sometimes but I had that problem on dragonage inquisuition also and I think changing a setting from fps 30 to 60 will fix.

pcgamer has a few articles about the game already.  One for troubleshooting common problems, one for different settings to change to fix fps issues, and of course articles just about the game.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineCj-B
Male

#21704678 - 05/20/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I picked it up with a 30%off coupon I had through greenmangaming.  Just started playing it today, pretty awesome so far.  The controls feel a little clunky to me though.  I seem to remember having similiar issues on the witcher 2 but got used to it. 

I am playing with a 360 controller on my PC of course.  I have a 680 and using the settings "geforce experience" recommends for the game which is mostly ultra and high settings.  I am getting a tiny bit of stuttering on cutscenes sometimes but I had that problem on dragonage inquisuition also and I think changing a setting from fps 30 to 60 will fix.

pcgamer has a few articles about the game already.  One for troubleshooting common problems, one for different settings to change to fix fps issues, and of course articles just about the game.

Yeah the movement is a bit weird at first. Not used to games having momentum as a movement mechanic...not having all those crisp, precise, on the dot turns I'm used to from other RPGs kinda threw me off at first...and lolwut. I have a 760 and it optimizes for me at a mix of medium/high...though for some reason a lot of the higher level textures don't really have too much of an effect on framerate. Wanna kinda FPS do you get?

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#21704868 - 05/21/15 12:16 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

you guys need to turn off hairworks completely if you want 60frames
other wise in "bin/" their's a hairworks there you can set to '2' instead of 8
but this'll probably be fixed in a patch soon

OfflineKonyap

#21704872 - 05/21/15 12:18 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

there's really no point in using ultra unless you're using a screen bigger then 1080p in most cases

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21704909 - 05/21/15 12:30 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

hairworks was disabled by geforce experience "optimise" for my card.  I havnt actually checked my raw FPS yet, I will when I get off work in the morning and play some.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineKonyap

#21704961 - 05/21/15 12:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i'm sure you'd have to bog the game down to 30frames right now
i think only the 980's are running it at this point

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals