Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Playing Super Mario 64 to the end, with friends, on 5 grams of mushrooms... (favorite time gaming)
    #21491693 - 04/02/15 10:09 AM (9 years, 16 days ago)

was the best gaming of all time.

also playing Super Mario Cart 64 with them, on three hits of good Acid, that was also the best gaming i've had, ever.

what was your favorite time gaming ever?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Playing Super Mario 64 to the end, with friends, on 5 grams of mushrooms... (favorite time gaming) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21514082 - 04/07/15 09:05 AM (9 years, 11 days ago)

Seeing Bioshock for the first time ever, on MDMA.  I walked into the room where my friend was playing and I just couldn't believe what I was seeing it was so awesome.

Playing the Facility level on Goldeneye on N64 every time I went to my friends house.

When the marines first arrive in Half Life.

Endlessly exploring Morrowind.

Bonging my way through Portal 2 on a comedown.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Playing Super Mario 64 to the end, with friends, on 5 grams of mushrooms... (favorite time gaming) [Re: Jufin]
    #21514120 - 04/07/15 09:17 AM (9 years, 11 days ago)

yeah, when the soldiers come in HL, it has potential to blow your mind... at least back in the day. that was the day you realized "hey these games can have real story potential in an open world".

and the second level is the facility, right? yeah, that level is my favorite.... or is the later one with the deadly gas, or no? or is that both the same? :tongue: been a long time since i played Goldeneye.

Bioshock is sick too. mindblowing game. didn't get to see it when first came out though, i waited until it came out on PS3, and i played up till level 3 though, when it was lent to me, for Xbox; and it was actually very trippy at the time (and much better looking too, on Xbox). Bioshock: Infinite is also mindblowing to me, but in a different way. it was completely surprising and the visuals were intense... and the atmosphere... and in the very beginning, anyway, the enemies and shooting mechanics made it seem like a movie... and then it got sorta on the rails (and coincidentally there weren't enough o those raisl that you could hang off of, so that was a let down), but the story just took it to another level. really impressive, but not as ... in your face as Bioshock 1.

Infinite was more like "look at how we twisted the game into a new type of story telling (but missing potentially some really cool scenes involving saving Elizabeth and missing more rail shooting, which was supposed to be a major part of the game and and element that doesn't really come into it's own until the very ending).

but still completely unique, which is why it's a top-tier game.

and yeah, i'm not gonna get into Skyrim or Half-Life 2.

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Re: Playing Super Mario 64 to the end, with friends, on 5 grams of mushrooms... (favorite time gaming) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21517968 - 04/08/15 01:50 AM (9 years, 11 days ago)

Mario 64 was so awesome.  A few of my best friends had it so I played it there every chance I got.  I was obsessed with one of the first levels, where on one of the stars there's a turtle and you ride on it.  And the music that plays is so good.

When the soldiers come I just remember feeling so involved, terrified and full of adrenalin.  I knew it was something special.  I would have been around 11 or 12 when I first played it.

I'm playing through Bioshock: Infinite now.  I played up until near the end last year on a small screen on PC and didn't really like it, but now I'm playing it on xbox with a 58'' screen, and really taking my time exploring and taking in all the details, and it's a lot better.  There's still something not quite as good as Bioshock 1, but some things are better and awe inspiring.  I definitely respect how they did something different with it.

I didn't play Skyrim because I know how much time I will spend on it.  I spent so much time in Morrowind and Oblivion.

OfflineCosmicAdventurer
Dr Getafix?
 User Gallery

Re: Playing Super Mario 64 to the end, with friends, on 5 grams of mushrooms... (favorite time gaming) [Re: Jufin]
    #21518028 - 04/08/15 02:39 AM (9 years, 10 days ago)

Dark Forces on PC.

That game had me balls deep. The music was soo atmospheric it just pulled me into the star wars universe like no other star wars game has.

Fall out 3 was pretty awesome tripping, nuking a whole city was an interesting one.

A mod for Quake called Action Quake, much like Counter strike but was the first of its kind. Played that tripping on LSD all the time hehe .

OfflineCoraltrout
Lost in space

#21527003 - 04/10/15 01:15 AM (9 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Jufin said:
  I was obsessed with one of the first levels, where on one of the stars there's a turtle and you ride on it.  And the music that plays is so good.

Good times, I'll always remember the first time firing out of a cannon, I think it was one of the first levels where you had to fight the bomb at the top of the swirly mountain? Could be wrong, either way its time to dig out the old machine.
I think this was the first 'open world' type game that I played, funny how these games etch themselves into history and just a mention drags up so much nostaliga

--------------------
'For it's the end of history, it's caged and frozen still, there is no other pill to take, so swallow the one that makes you ill'

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

#21574226 - 04/21/15 02:51 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

How do you find your gaming skills on mushrooms, Akira?  Playing Mario 64 through to the end would of taken quite a while.

Offlineakira_akuma

#21574257 - 04/21/15 03:40 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

oh it was, funnily enough, not effected. my mind was effected immensely, but my player skills, not so much. and between two other friends with me, too. we didn't finish the game but we got to the top tier levels like the Grandfather Clock, in like 4 hours. yeah, that trip was strong... it was like my little bedroom floated off into space. so we were secluded playing Mario for most of the trip... but the trip was also long, like 8 hours long, and then the afterglow was also strong, so we just kept rolling with it too.

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

#21574424 - 04/21/15 05:49 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

That actually sounds like a fucking awesome time.  Usually the activity that is planned for the trip dissolves into a different kind of mushroom kingdom for me.

Offlineakira_akuma

#21574443 - 04/21/15 06:01 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

oh it dissolved into one of the most interesting trips i've had because of what the vibe was going on between us and our environment, and within everybody. so while we spent most of the night centered around playing Super Mario 64 LOL we were also having one of the most immense trips of our lives, and we all concur. i mean, we've had trips that fun and whacky and crazy and pleasurable and intense and memorable... but none so much, i think, as mysterious as that trip. that trip was an opening up of minds to the source of thoughts. we turned ape that night...or alien. depends on how you view things. everything was oceanic that night.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
811 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.