Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Loc: FREE PSYCHONAUTICA
Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21535035 - 04/11/15 09:26 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

lol it takes YOU a while to figure out the loopholes, but the people who WRITE the laws figure out the loopholes right away :smile:

--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: rxb]
    #21535055 - 04/11/15 09:33 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I'm saying if we managed to get legit law-writers at some point. If we had some amazing government for the next decade. If some sort of cultural revolution sparked up, and everyone gave a fuck about politics, and made the changes necessary. Nothing will ever be impenetrable.

That in and of itself is a pipe dream, but a man can dream! :smile:

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21535073 - 04/11/15 09:39 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

well, what we need in politics is people who are middle class. and people who arent lawyers.

--------------------

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: rxb]
    #21536713 - 04/12/15 10:25 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

rxb said:
well, what we need in politics is people who are middle class. and people who arent lawyers.

Very true. When they pass laws against corruption they very carefully put the loopholes in otherwise it wouldn't be passed.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #21536803 - 04/12/15 10:48 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
I suppose if corporations want the benefits of corporate personhood, they should pay taxes, and the persons on their payroll should also pay taxes.

Once again the complete ignorance of corporate personhood rears its ugly head.  It is not a benefit to the corporation.  It is a detriment.  It is the legal fiction by which people can sue the corporation.  That is it.  The corporation derives no benefit from it.
Quote:

In all honesty, the tax code is just a fucking crazy mess. It needs to be revamped. Most savvy corporations know how to avoid taxation whatsoever anyways. Some of them avoid taxes, in a most legal fashion, while also receiving subsidies. It's all quite a mess.

Yes.  The tax code is utterly fucked and riddled with anti-competitive favoritism, subsidies and bogus exemptions.  Do you know the best way to get rid of most of those?  Eliminate the corporate tax and go all individual income or flat or consumption.  The vast majority of the shenanigans are in the corporate tax regulations. 

This will have other benefits.  It will eliminate the incentive for corporations to sequester foreign earned profits overseas thus bringing capital for investment back home.  It will also make American corporations more competitive in the global market thus spurring domestic growth and employing more Americans which will increase the tax base.  Maybe our steel industry will return to its former glory.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21536822 - 04/12/15 10:51 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

rxb said:

Very true. When they pass laws against corruption they very carefully put the loopholes in otherwise it wouldn't be passed.

I note they exempted themselves from Obamacare.

As much as I would like to see all lawyers shot they are the ones with the most expertise and education in terms of crafting bills.  Try to read an entire statute sometime.  It is almost incomprehensible without the proper vocabulary and we don't have it.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21536863 - 04/12/15 11:04 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

There is a movement to require laws to be written in plain English easily understood by the layman.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21536966 - 04/12/15 11:34 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Never happen.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21537009 - 04/12/15 11:48 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_English

In the US the plain language movement in government communication started in the 1970s. The Paperwork Reduction Act was introduced in 1976.[8] and in 1978 President Carter issued Executive Orders intended to make government regulations "cost-effective and easy-to-understand by those who were required to comply with them."[9] Many agencies now have long-standing policies mandating plain language[10] and in 2010 this was made a federal requirement with the Plain Writing Act.[11][12]

In legal writing, the late Professor David Mellinkoff of the UCLA School of Law is widely credited with singlehandedly launching the plain English movement in American law with the 1963 publication of The Language of the Law.[13][14] In 1977, New York became the first state to pass legislation requiring plain English in consumer contracts and leases.[15] In 1979, Richard Wydick published Plain English for Lawyers. Plain English writing style is now a legal duty for companies registering securities under the Securities Act of 1933, due to rules the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted in 1998.

--------------------

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #21537188 - 04/12/15 12:44 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Once again the complete ignorance of corporate personhood rears its ugly head.  It is not a benefit to the corporation.  It is a detriment.  It is the legal fiction by which people can sue the corporation.  That is it.  The corporation derives no benefit from it.

If corporations derived no benefit from corporate personhood, I assure you it wouldn't be a thing any longer. Corporations have the benefit that their CEO's aren't personally sued, and therefore capable of pursuing a larger variety of unethical avenues without the threat of prison time or personal loss.

Aside from that, there are other benefits entailed in this particular legal fiction: it allows corporations to make contracts with other parties, and also to sue other parties. They can spend money (as speech) to influence ballot iniatives, and candidates for political office.

Corporate personhood doesn't 'just allow people to sue them'. Corporations can advocate for political candidates, and therefore should be taxed. Also, when churches start fucking around in politics, they too should be required to pay taxes.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21537209 - 04/12/15 12:48 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I think the reason for legal jargon isn't to be confusing, though it's certainly used that way sometimes. I think it has been developed that way to avoid the mincing of words. Normal speech can be interpreted in many different ways, and twisted more easily, I feel. I could be wrong though.

--------------------
FARTS

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #21537436 - 04/12/15 01:45 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

rxb said:
maybe if the pay to play parties put up hillbilly and uncle jebb... we can vote a 3rd party candidate in.

Seeing as so many base their vote on the (R) or (D) after the candidates name... no chance.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #21537615 - 04/12/15 02:25 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I think a lot of Americans are open to a third party. I'm just glad the tea party had lost traction.

--------------------
FARTS

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #21537808 - 04/12/15 03:04 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Lots ≠ enough.

The Tea Party hasn't lost traction... if you're awake.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21537863 - 04/12/15 03:18 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

If corporations derived no benefit from corporate personhood, I assure you it wouldn't be a thing any longer. Corporations have the benefit that their CEO's aren't personally sued, and therefore capable of pursuing a larger variety of unethical avenues without the threat of prison time or personal loss.

Aside from that, there are other benefits entailed in this particular legal fiction: it allows corporations to make contracts with other parties, and also to sue other parties. They can spend money (as speech) to influence ballot iniatives, and candidates for political office.

Corporate personhood doesn't 'just allow people to sue them'. Corporations can advocate for political candidates, and therefore should be taxed. Also, when churches start fucking around in politics, they too should be required to pay taxes.

You should have to pay a tax for political speech?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood

Your ignorance is stunning in regard to corporate personhood

--------------------

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21538032 - 04/12/15 03:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

the tea party didnt lose traction, it lost who it was.

the tea party started out as a complaint that so much of taxes went to things that we were not allowed to know about, "black ops" .. which in the late 90s was a lot and when GWB took office was more. so people started sending tea to the whitehouse.

then the koch brothers did something really easy, they planted people on the inside to steer the movement into something else. and made it a movement about christian rights and immigration. and then steered those people back into the republican fold.

the tea party didnt lose traction at all. it took some 3rd party voters from both sides who were about tax reform... and brought them back into the fold on the republican side.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21538303 - 04/12/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad you know how to link shit and write condescending nonsense. However, if you're going to link shit at least read it first. That document back up everything I said.

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Superturd Jeb Bush Has A Hit Team Savaging Any Republican Opponent [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #21538315 - 04/12/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

>if you're going to link shit at least read it first. That document back up everything I said.

Zappa does that all the time. He throws out links not even knowing what is in them and bluffs that it supports his position. I've caught him doing it countless times. Never take his word for anything.

--------------------

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21538322 - 04/12/15 04:45 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

That's losing traction. Sarah Palins dumb bimbo ass infiltrated their movement...

--------------------
FARTS

OfflinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

#21538342 - 04/12/15 04:50 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
That's losing traction. Sarah Palins dumb bimbo ass infiltrated their movement...

its worse than losing traction.

what they started out as is a good thing.

the movement started in the late 90s

it didnt really get called "the tea party" until after they had already poisoned the movement.

--------------------

[quote]Enlil said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale