Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #22458537 - 10/31/15 05:03 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

recently started playing a new game, this time looking for areas i missed the first time (cainhurst) etc. pretty fun!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlague_Wraith
Horseman

#22497639 - 11/08/15 07:49 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Bloodborne is great fun, but the multiplayer updates have crippled the community. They removed the SL restrictions for a while and that allowed a bunch of scrubs to power through the entire game with a high level helper. They later changed it so phantoms do similar damage to the host. Trying to mess with scaling like that clearly didn't work out. Online is just a mess now.

I have completed the game from start to finish well over 40+ times and have helped hundreds of people as a phantom. I did the dungeons and got the platinum trophy as well. I have the platinum trophy for every game in the series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II).

I can't wait for "The Old Hunters" dlc to be released soon. I'm really hoping it breathes fresh air back into the community. The PVP has never been great in this game, but I'd like to fight a few more players before I set the game down for good.

--------------------
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain

OfflineCarbonobo
Voyager
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Plague_Wraith]
    #22499974 - 11/09/15 11:22 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'm definitely going to get the old hunters DLC for the PVE, but honestly, unless they change the PVP drastically, I think I'm done for good. It's like dark souls if everyone had light armor and spamming weapons, it's just a fuck fest.

--------------------
“I think we’re part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand; a higher order, call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. It doesn’t punish, it doesn’t reward, it doesn’t judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while."

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Carbonobo]
    #22598712 - 12/01/15 10:54 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I got it for 20 bucks it's a little over priced, it should be like 15 tops brand new
but there are some bad ass weapons in it and it looks like they could be a little edgier since it was DLC you had to purchase

if they made a dark souls 3 like this with the DLC included I wouldn't even be mad this game is pretty good IMO
i only played ds2 multiple times cuz weapons were so easy to get

Edited by Konyap (12/01/15 10:56 AM)

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Konyap]
    #22598947 - 12/01/15 12:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

the servers are down, they are fixing the PvP
or so the rumor goes :cool:

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#22599124 - 12/01/15 12:57 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I quit BB a long ass time ago. It was annoying for several reasons:

-PvP was impossible to get even after several minutes
-Co-op was impossible to get even after fucking 10 minutes
EVEN WITH YOUR FRIEND RINGING THE DAMN BELL WITH A PASSWORD...
-When doing those dungeons you make in the main town, you could only kill 1 boss with your friend before he gets desummoned and back to fucking waiting 10 mins so you can play together

Did they fix that shit? Because that killed the game

OfflineKonyap

Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Uzziel]
    #22599140 - 12/01/15 01:03 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

people only co-op for the paleblood demon it seemed like
and most pvp invasions take place in old yharnem or nightmare amgdalya

OfflineKonyap

#22599147 - 12/01/15 01:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

co op helps in games like monster hunter because the battles are really long
in these games unless you're fighting two bosses you really shouldn't need it, the fight would have to be broken in the first place

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#22599203 - 12/01/15 01:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I solo'd all the way to the last tier of the dungeon.. depth 5 or something, don't remember

It isn't about needing co-op... it's about just wanting to play with friends and fuck around

either way, the loading times + lack of online experience ruined BB for me

OfflineKonyap

#22599298 - 12/01/15 01:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

tru dat
i'm sure they'll be prepared by the time dark souls three comes out
they did the same thing with ground zero's and phantom pain
sometimes it makes the game better sometimes it makes it worse
i think i like the password system way more then the ring tho, having to tell people what god group to set it too and then explain to them through text it's for multiplayer matchmaking was a pain in the ass, a password works immediately
maybe it'd be cool to summon people into different area's tho..

Edited by Konyap (12/01/15 01:49 PM)

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #22599800 - 12/01/15 03:55 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

never had issues with online, killed many bosses with the help of other players :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#22599870 - 12/01/15 04:10 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't played in months so I have no idea if it was fixed or not. Like I said, it completely ruined BB for me and I played it for about a month when it launched and finally couldn't be assed. Great game but hard to turn on when I knew I wasn't going to get online.

If its fixed I'll take a loot at it

OfflineKonyap

#22613376 - 12/04/15 03:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

online never worked for me in the dungeons either

they give you a bell to summon old hunters if you head torwards the forbidden woods from cathedral ward
this civil war looking dude is there
I think i understand the story now actually
Rom the vacuous spider is god, if you don't kill him you've essentially beat the game and don't have to play anymore I think he even brought the parasites with him that burst out of the nightmare wolves, all of the people in old yharnam got murdered by the hunters for the chalice maybe? they were using bad blood. shit got out of hand
edit: the stupid youtube video says that the ***** is the baby but too me it looked like he was the angel of death sent to kill it
i dunno lol somehow people can turn into monters that are similar to great lords from ds1... never trust that stupid youtube shit

as far as DLC goes there are some cool steam punk weapons, a great sword, a shield
people wanted that and a harder boss with tougher enemies
some people didn't have any trouble with gherman lol

the loading times were messed up because the japanese programmers add so much detail to the game
they forgot to make stupid stuff like statues affect by draw distance so now at least when you die the loading screen after that is maybe a few seconds

if you have online then I'd be ok with suggesting the DLC but on top of a game you bought brand new for 60 bucks it's kind of a bummer, it's like two area's.

Edited by Konyap (12/06/15 05:33 PM)

OfflineCarbonobo
Voyager
Male

Re: Bloodborne. [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #22622089 - 12/06/15 04:25 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Lol that's not the story at all, rom was a human that was "granted eyes" by a great one, Kos, and could not handle the information and became a soulless husk (hence the "vacuous"). He is now used to "hide all manner of rituals" which is why the moon looks red after you kill him.

I could go into more detail if your interested, but your probably not very, and I'd have to Look up a lot of the important names :lol:

Any of your guys play the original Dark Souls? That ones my favorite souls game by far

--------------------
“I think we’re part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand; a higher order, call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. It doesn’t punish, it doesn’t reward, it doesn’t judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while."

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #22622180 - 12/06/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Carbonobo said:
Lol that's not the story at all, rom was a human that was "granted eyes" by a great one, Kos, and could not handle the information and became a soulless husk (hence the "vacuous"). He is now used to "hide all manner of rituals" which is why the moon looks red after you kill him.

I could go into more detail if your interested, but your probably not very, and I'd have to Look up a lot of the important names :lol:

Any of your guys play the original Dark Souls? That ones my favorite souls game by far

DSIII is coming soon
:gameover:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#22622279 - 12/06/15 05:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

well there's a petrified version of him
the DLC brings that together
the game is confusing
so basically
ptumerians have pale blood, they turn into giants
hunters have old blood
there was a split in the church for mensis and the choir
mensis summoned those things... i guess they are death
ebrietas is magic
fire???
rom is chaos, he has to be his lair is the only place that looks like the abyss

makes me think the old blood was from your main character in dark souls 2
but they are in alternate universe's probably

OfflineKonyap

#22622295 - 12/06/15 05:07 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

what i don't understand is how many times 'the hunt' has occurred in yharnam

and if you think about it there is a squid god raping tons of women, so it has had to happen at least once before

OfflineKonyap

#22622323 - 12/06/15 05:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

after playing recently

mensis' micolash used the remains of the ptumerian baby in a ritual and it summoned death instead of a god, also it may have been the son of oedon, so when the ritual happened oedon petrified all of the people in unseen village. It has to have happened before because the statures are obviously yharnians and ptumerians in the same city, the ptumerians may even be people that were immune to hollowing somewhat, but when they do go crazy it's from werewolf sickness they are pretty similar to undead and the giant were wolves you fight may be ptumerians

still have to get further in the DLC but it probably wont' add that much more

Edited by Konyap (12/06/15 05:14 PM)

OfflineCarbonobo
Voyager
Male

#22622772 - 12/06/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bridgeburner said:
Quote:

Carbonobo said:

DSIII is coming soon
:gameover:

I'm excited to try it, but honestly I didn't like dark souls 2 very much, I felt like it lost a lot of the feel of the first one that I loved, and it felt a lot less complete for some reason... also the fact that they killed the online economy destroyed it for me in part :facepalm3:
However the main developer from dark souls 1 (Hidetaka Miyazaki) who did not participate in the creation of dark souls 2, is back, and helped make dark souls 3, so I have high hopes.

Quote:

Konyap said:
after playing recently

mensis' micolash used the remains of the ptumerian baby in a ritual and it summoned death instead of a god, also it may have been the son of oedon, so when the ritual happened oedon petrified all of the people in unseen village. It has to have happened before because the statures are obviously yharnians and ptumerians in the same city, the ptumerians may even be people that were immune to hollowing somewhat, but when they do go crazy it's from werewolf sickness they are pretty similar to undead and the giant were wolves you fight may be ptumerians

still have to get further in the DLC but it probably wont' add that much more

I may be messing up a couple of the names/people because I haven't played in a bit, but basically your mixing up the souls games a little, you have to remember bloodborne is a completely different universe and there is not hollowing/undead.

The main idea of bloodborne is that scholars found remnants of higher dimensional beings called "old ones". it seems as though they are not one species, but anything could become an old one by ascending itself through some means.

There are two means discovered to ascend, through the power of blood, or the power of insight.

Blood from different sources has different effects, but the gist seems to be that it gives you power, but you begin to turn into a beast. This is why yharnam is overrun by beasts, because the healing church started offering the blood of the old ones to people, and it could cure any disease, so of course they took it, and then eventually started turning into beasts. I think " the hunt" just means to stay inside while a hunter is killing a beast, but this time everyone is turning into beasts, and therefore this probably hasn't happened to yharnam before, but has definitely happened to many civilizations before yharnam.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#22623045 - 12/06/15 07:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like bloodborne was a continuation of dark souls 1, like ds2 was the b-team
the button dedicated to healing, the shotgun instead of kick, dual wielding decided by which weapon you use
the charge attack, the level design... it even has viceral attacks from behind on enemies like the pig lol... and lastly you get insight after defeating a boss

it has the exact same gui as ds1 and ds2
they replace the dreams in ds2 with nightmares(another miyazake design probably)

to me bloodborne is ds1 and ds2 in the late 19th century on a standalone console
ds3 won't have neat blood tech, will probably go for a Teen rating.. it also wont look nearly as good, at least on the xbox one

Edited by Konyap (12/06/15 07:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals