Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Who's played Teleglitch?
    #21503698 - 04/04/15 07:01 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.teleglitch.com/

it's a wicked game. it works like this. the game is simple but complex. your guys start randomly generated out a few preset inventory starts. you can turn this off from the options menu and you'll just start with the default set up with 9mm pistol, but with the presets you get unique set ups and weapons... but the thing is the ammo will eventually run out. and that's what this game is about. it's a survival horror game, set off this planet in the future, and given that there are computers all over the game that give you insights into the setting of the game, you can check them out in game, and it provides the back drop for this VERY old school type PC experience.

here is the spin. it's a rogue-like-lite. the levels are generated differently each time... now the rooms are all set in stone, so eventually you'll know how to get around, in each level, but you'll always have to make different choices. see backstory for why, it's all very hilarious... speaking of hilarious wait till you die. it's permadeath. that's why the newest version is called Die More Edition... and also because in that version the levels take splits at different points... after the first level you have two levels you can choose. then after paths converge back to one again, then split into two again, ect ect... until level 9. you have to get to level 5 to unlock the ability to start the game at level 3... and beat level 7 to start at level 5, ect ect until level 9. level 10 is the final level. the game does not like you. it punishes you for dying without giving it your all to survive.

and of course you need survival equipment for that. you've got a handy amount of combinations you can make given your 'combine' option. when you pick up items for your inventory, you can click the e key and scroll through your inventory, and see what can be combined with what to make new and better equipment. (i'm starting to sound like Otacon) new and better guns, explosives; which you use to blow up not only enemies but also secret walls, to revel more stuff. and you also can make handy items, like (OK spoilers are coming to play now:) the Detector, which Detects sound vibrations from pipes that enemies can jump from, so you can avoid hoards on the fourth level, and you can upgrade your primary explosive weapon RDX which also acts as a power source for stronger guns, especially if you upgrade it from 250 to 500, by combining two of them. you can also upgrade your medical equipment, but not your cans of meat, the weakest ration for 10 HP.

now that's pretty much it. almost. the enemies are a bitch. the come running out at you, they'll chase you down... you have to kill them usually, unless you can really outrun them good, but chances are you'll just run into more... it depends on the situation whether you run or fight. and you want to conserve ammo, so you have to use your knife. just like aiming your weapon, which is by right clicking and then left for shooting... you have to also, like with your gun, aim your mouse cursor over where you want to attack/shoot, and attack with your knife (by not using aim) whenever you can, to conserve ammo. this is a trick unto itself; and aiming isn't much easier, given the rate of kickback for the more effective automatics, which also with scarcity of ammo, leaves you need to remember to use short controlled bursts when you can; but usually there are so many enemies, you can't opt for that. that's why there are shotguns. and for bigger enemies, well... you'll see. you'll want everything you can scrounge.

well, that's it. i've seen only up to level 4 yet. i've lost almost 50 scientists to this disaster. how many more will die?

Edited by akira_akuma (04/04/15 07:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasticore
Perpetually Curious
Male User Gallery

Re: Who's played Teleglitch? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21510970 - 04/06/15 04:01 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to play that. I've had it for a while now.

--------------------
Treat my posts like the Bible. I am fallible, subject to human limitation, and usually open to interpretation.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Who's played Teleglitch? [Re: Masticore]
    #21511224 - 04/06/15 05:03 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

oh it's super cool. i just figured out how to effectively use the "void" to take out the dumber monsters, and save up on ammo, and/or health.

(plus: i screwed up some of the controls above; so heed not the controls above; they are easier than even that.)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies