Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline420_shroomer
next level mother fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: im where im at
Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis * 1
    #21478779 - 03/30/15 01:39 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/whoops-indianas-anti-gay-religious-freedom-act-opens-the-door-for-the-first-church-of-cannabis/
In a classic case of “unintended consequences,” the recently signed Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in Indiana may have opened the door for the establishment of the First Church of Cannabis in the Hoosier State.

While Governor Mike Pence (R) was holding a signing ceremony for the bill allowing businesses and individuals to deny services to gays on religious grounds or values, paperwork for the First Church of Cannabis Inc. was being filed with the Secretary of State’s office, reports RTV6.

Church founder Bill Levin announced on his Facebook page that the church’s registration has been approved, writing, “Status: Approved by Secretary of State of Indiana – “Congratulations your registration has been approved!” Now we begin to accomplish our goals of Love, Understanding, and Good Health.”

Levin is currently seeking $4.20 donations towards his non-profit church.

According to Indiana attorney and political commentator Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, Indiana legislators, in their haste to protect the religious values and practices of their constituents, may have unwittingly put the state in an awkward position with those who profess to smoke pot as a religious sacrament.

Shabazz pointed out that it is still illegal to smoke pot in Indiana, but wrote, “I would argue that under RFRA, as long as you can show that reefer is part of your religious practices, you got a pretty good shot of getting off scot-free.”

Noting that RFRA supporters say the bill “only spells out a test as to whether a government mandate would unduly burden a person’s faith and the government has to articulate a compelling interest for that rule and how it would be carried out in the least restrictive manner,” Shabazz contends the law may tie the state’s hands.

“So, with that said, what ‘compelling interest’ would the state of Indiana have to prohibit me from using marijuana as part of my religious practice?” he asked. ” I would argue marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol and wine used in religious ceremonies. Marijuana isn’t any more ‘addictive’ than alcohol and wine is used in some religious ceremonies. And marijuana isn’t any more of a ‘gateway’ drug than the wine used in a religious ceremony will make you go out and buy hard liquor. (At least not on Sunday.)”

Shabazz concluded, “I want a front row seat at the trial that we all know is going to happen when all this goes down.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: 420_shroomer]
    #21478793 - 03/30/15 01:43 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

I doubt itll work

Offline420_shroomer
next level mother fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: im where im at
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: i like cow poo]
    #21478802 - 03/30/15 01:47 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

irk, wishful thinking

OnlinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Loc: FREE PSYCHONAUTICA
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: i like cow poo]
    #21478805 - 03/30/15 01:48 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

it would take a miracle.

--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: The Island of Misfit Toys
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: rxb]
    #21482172 - 03/31/15 04:00 AM (9 years, 10 hours ago)

Silly stoner.  Didn't you know this bill was only to make Christians an even more protected class of citizen?

--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: MacMerdin]
    #21482233 - 03/31/15 04:56 AM (9 years, 9 hours ago)

Past attempts at claiming religious rights to use never went well, and the courts found 'compelling interest':

Summaries of Religious Use of Marijuana Cases

--------------------
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

OnlinerxbS
n00b-sabot
 User Gallery

Loc: FREE PSYCHONAUTICA
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #21482615 - 03/31/15 09:22 AM (9 years, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Past attempts at claiming religious rights to use never went well, and the courts found 'compelling interest':

Summaries of Religious Use of Marijuana Cases

they went well for the ONAC

--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Offlinemyco enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: rxb]
    #21484733 - 03/31/15 06:54 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I think they are more or less doing this to draw attention to the issue.

Invisiblemisterogerz

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: myco enthusiast]
    #21485384 - 03/31/15 09:20 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

it's legal in DC and bills have been filed to make it official. legal weed is happening :hypnotoad:

Invisibletaterdb
Male

Loc: rocky mountain high
Re: Indiana’s anti-gay ‘religious freedom’ act opens the door for the First Church of Cannabis [Re: misterogerz]
    #21485486 - 03/31/15 09:46 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I think this is great, at a minimum it makes a mockery of the anti gay law, at best it might work out, at least for a little while. Although I don't have very high hopes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds