Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #21477009 - 03/29/15 11:41 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

yeah, papa johns can suck a fat dick, i'll never eat their pizza

i worked installing cameras & WIFI in one of the factories where they process their food (did you know papa john pizzas comes pre-made and frozen?)

it was disgusting. lots of gnats and flies, even in the colder areas. plus the rats, the gunk that piles up around machinery on the floor (mostly moldy cheese) cause they barely sweep the floor

oddly enough, the employees wore suits that looked relatively germ proof, gloves, gown, facemask, hairnets, etc. but im not sure if the suits were to protect the food, or protect the employees from the horrible conditions

it was also a suprisingly warm facility in most parts despite its perishable contents

papa johns is nasty stuff

Edited by Adolin (03/29/15 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleextreme
Male

Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21477057 - 03/30/15 12:07 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

I'm not Italian at all AFAIK but I am somewhat of a pizza connoisseur.  Like they are totally related :lol:

Anyway, I just thought I'd post my opinion which is in compliance with the OP - Papa John's sucks.  I've always hated their pizza lol.  It's shit.

The best pizza list goes something like this: (IMO)

1. probably somewhere original in NY or CHI or Italy.  A family run place that knows what the fuck to do.
2. make your own pizza.  I make my own pizzas with my family maybe a couple times a month and it's fantastic.  All the ingredients are at the store, just get good shit and get all your favorite toppings (TOPPINGS ARE A FUNDAMENTAL ASPECT OF PIZZA IMO!)
3. Papa Murphy's (if you have the time to bake it yourself)
4. Domino's (Domino's is probably #1 pizza delivery king)
5. I don't know, I like good pizza.  Pizza Hut seems to be disappearing for some reason.  Little Caesar's (sp?) isn't that good but it's cheap as shit (and seems to be reappearing).

I'm just making a random post now cuz I don't like Papa John's and I love good pizza so I thought I'd post.  Crust is the foundation - it needs to taste good and be stable.  Sauce is something that everyone has their own two cents worth on, so I don't know what to say about sauce, but just a nice thin layer between the crust and toppings is good for the sauce.  Don't want it too runny, but you also don't want it all pasty, that's gross.  How this relates to PJ, I no longer know :lol:

I guess I'm now explaining how to make a decent homemade pizza.  Spread dough evenly, don't be a scumbag Steve and short the pizza anything (a pepperoni pizza with like 5 pepperonis is not a pepperoni pizza...) if you want something on your 'za, throw it on!

I like to cook all the meat together; spicy Italian sausage, beef, bacon... then add onions, peppers, black olives, etc.  If you don't put mushrooms on your pizza and you post on shroomery, I'm not sure what to think of you :ifyoucanawe:

If I had to pick only TWO ingredients on a pizza, it would be sausage and mushrooms, hands down.  Do not put pineapple on a goddamn motherfucking pizza.  Third choice would be bacon or steak (I'm trying to be reasonable).

Anyway so mix all your meat together and spread it over your sauce covered dough, and then apply mushrooms like me if you want a perfect pizza (it takes about 5 minutes to perfectly apply the toppings to a pizza if you're OCD-pizza-maker-extreme).

If you're a normal human being, applying toppings to your pizza should take less than 30 seconds, I only say 5 minutes for myself because for me, every single bite must taste the exact same; that is, mindbogglingly delicious.

It takes me longer to make my own tacos too than actually eat them.  It's a curse I live with; perfecting every good meal I eat.  But when I finally bite down... :drooling:

Not sure how much more off topic I can possibly get, but I may as well just finish since I came this far, so once you put all your toppings on your pizza (HOMEMADE) the way I do things is I put the cheese on LAST.  I make sure the dough isn't too doughy but is still thick enough to hold the weight of all the awesome toppings on my pizza, sauce it, work the toppings in, plop the shrooms down on it like most people would with pepperonis, and then the mozzarella.  Make sure to get plenty of cheese on that bitch to hold it all together cuz there's a lot of stuff underneath all that cheese * USE THE CHEESE AS GLUE! * Lastly add some cheddar or other yellow variety cheese because you can't have a white cheese only pizza!  At least I can't; I have to have some yellow cheese like cheddar jack or what have you, so throw some of that on top, as well as some Parmesan and garlic.  Finally some crushed red peppers to give it a little bite, and there you go!

:pizza:

:derp:

I spent a lot of time typing this post which pretty much doesn't relate to the OP much...................... so.......... TLDR = Papa John's isn't very good pick others from my list or make your own pizza!  Is that cool? :crazy2:

Invisibleextreme
Male

Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: extreme]
    #21477067 - 03/30/15 12:12 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

Oh yea Godfather's had good pizza that I remember, back in the day, but I haven't been there in YEARS.  Hmm.

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: Adolin]
    #21477142 - 03/30/15 12:43 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
(did you know papa john pizzas comes pre-made and frozen?)

While the pizzas may not be very good, I know that they make them at the store because I've watched 'em.

I've smoked a lot of weed in Papa Johns :lol:

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #21477153 - 03/30/15 12:46 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

Gresh said:

While the pizzas may not be very good, I know that they make them at the store because I've watched 'em.

maybe they differ by region, but i was watching massive ammounts of saran wrapped pizzas get shipped out bout 10 to each box. they werent cooked, but all the ingredients were added and it was ready to cook. this was in western PA

Edited by Adolin (03/30/15 12:47 AM)

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: Adolin]
    #21477193 - 03/30/15 01:04 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

Gresh said:

maybe they differ by region, but i was watching massive ammounts of saran wrapped pizzas get shipped out bout 10 to each box. they werent cooked, but all the ingredients were added and it was ready to cook. this was in western PA

That's some crazy shit, man. Maybe that's why a lot of people absolutely hate it, while some think it ain't all that bad.

I've been tryin' to get a job down there for a while because all they fuckin' do is smoke pot in there :lol:

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: extreme]
    #21477490 - 03/30/15 05:14 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

First off nothing beats straight Italian pizza except maybe new york and Dominoes is second to round table as far as fast food chains:macdre:

Any good pizza recipes, (specifically dough recipes you'd like to share?).

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #21477495 - 03/30/15 05:16 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
I ordered some Papa John's last week, and it was literally the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. The funny thing is, I've eaten Papa John's a few times in the past, in other locales, and felt the same way. So why did I order from there? Well, I was in a new city, didn't really have a favorited local pizza joint, so I just ordered from a familiar brand name. The same can be said for McDonald's. Their food tastes like garbage and it makes you feel like garbage, but people still buy it and eat it.

This got me thinking about branding, then how you don't really need a quality product at all. 

Making a sale is all about the perception, not about the reality. If the customer has buyer's remorse, big deal. You have their money. Wait a few weeks, let them see a few ads of you sitting next to a football hero, and they'll eventually associate your brand with trustworthiness.

here's what you do man:

www.yelp.com

find: pizza

tick 'features' - delivery

pick neighborhood

sort by most reviewed..

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Papa Johns is a terrible company [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #21477507 - 03/30/15 05:21 AM (9 years, 1 day ago)

True can't judge the group of apples on one bad one

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag