Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21455317 - 03/25/15 11:38 AM (9 years, 5 days ago)

gretzy would always score no matter what system u threw at him since diapers dewd is genius. dont throw rocks at the legend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21455380 - 03/25/15 11:58 AM (9 years, 5 days ago)

he wasnt a legend

when the league tells teams ur not allowed to hit him, it kinda discredits anything you ever did

orr was better in everyway

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#21455848 - 03/25/15 02:19 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

orr took a couple lucky shots big whoop bruins suck

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #21461893 - 03/26/15 05:57 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Apparently Gretzky is going to coach in Toronto, and the daft lottery is going to be fixed so McDavid goes to the Leafs.

Chew on that.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Invisibleamp244
Sporocarp Stretching

#21461987 - 03/26/15 06:16 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

If you look at all the players that played during Gretzky's time they were all putting up ridiculous numbers. There is no way Gretzky would have as many as he has if he played in today's NHL. Regardless of what team you put him on.

Look at the 92-93 season:
  - 21 players had 100 points or more (Gretzky was not one of them).
  - 10 of those 21 had over 120 points.
  - The top GAA in the league was 2.50 (Excluding goalies who played in 1 game)
  - The top save% was .911 (excluding goalies who played in 1 game)

The fact is there was a lot more scoring in Gretzky's day so his numbers are a bit inflated. That being said, he was dominant in his era.

Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr are still the best of all time. They are in a league of their own.

--------------------
How to Convert a Normal 24-hour Light Timer into a Short Cycle Repeating Timer

"Monopoly, besides, is a great enemy to good management, which can never be universally established but in consequence of that free and universal competition which forces everybody to have recourse in it for the sake of self-defense." -Adam Smith

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: amp244]
    #21462212 - 03/26/15 06:58 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

amp244 said:
If you look at all the players that played during Gretzky's time they were all putting up ridiculous numbers. There is no way Gretzky would have as many as he has if he played in today's NHL. Regardless of what team you put him on.

The fact is there was a lot more scoring in Gretzky's day so his numbers are a bit inflated. That being said, he was dominant in his era.

Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr are still the best of all time. They are in a league of their own.

you forgot one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Messier

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #21462299 - 03/26/15 07:26 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Apparently Gretzky is going to coach in Toronto, and the daft lottery is going to be fixed so McDavid goes to the Leafs.

Chew on that.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #21464066 - 03/27/15 03:16 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

This does appear to a big year for tanking for McDavid. The NHL seems to have anticipated it, lowering the odds for the worst team from 25% to 20%. The worst team, currently Buffalo, is guaranteed at least the 2nd pick which is probably Jack Eichel at Boston U.

Toronto is currently 4th worst which gives them a decent shot, and if they get it, the greatest Canadian conspiracy theory of all time. The NHL is taking steps to deemphasize the TV show for the lottery, because so many fans are smelling bullshit. I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo or Toronto win the lottery; at least they like hockey. Fuck Edmonton cause they can stand to lose a while longer, and Fuck Phoenix cause they shouldn't have a hockey team.

I don't think Gretzky will coach at Toronto or anywhere else. Maybe an upstairs job.

Next year (which is a little late) the first 3 rounds of the draft are based on a weighted lottery, and the worst team is only guaranteed the 4th pick.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: Brian Jones]
    #21464115 - 03/27/15 04:07 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

i literally watched about 10 seconds of the Bs game last nite and it was in the last minute of the game and Bs are up one. anaheim had their goalie pulled

i think to myself "the Bs blow, wouldnt be surprised if they give up a goal" and 5 seconds later the ducks score lol. fuck this shitty excuse of a hockey team. they blow

and of course we lose in OT. julien is such a fuckin moron. first of all ye goes on a rotation to keep things fair among players with the shootout. this isnt a charity, it shud he the same 3 best shootout players on our team. and he always chooses to shoot first. like thats so fucking dumb. claude always complains about the shootout but hes just so bad at decisions when it comes to the shootout. its his fucking fault. go last

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#21464362 - 03/27/15 07:10 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

I never heard of a rotation for the shootout. Hard to think of that as any kind of a good idea. The Hawks always start with Toews, then Kane, before he got hurt.

I was watching this Boston hockey show and the two hosts couldn't make up their minds if the Bruins should even try to win at this point. They were arguing the pros and cons of a first round massacre at Montreal vs going for the draft pick. But if they just miss the playoffs, they only have a 1% chance in the lottery, so should they lose as many points as possible? At the end they said they had to try to win. But they didn't sound like they believed it; it was just the right thing to say.

The Bruins were just recently a great team. They should fire the coach, GM and maybe the president ASAP.

--------------------

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21464366 - 03/27/15 07:12 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Fuck Phoenix cause they shouldn't have a hockey team.

You're not down with the southern teams? They seem to get decent support which is really all that matters IMO.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#21464419 - 03/27/15 07:38 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I never heard of a rotation for the shootout. Hard to think of that as any kind of a good idea. The Hawks always start with Toews, then Kane, before he got hurt.

I was watching this Boston hockey show and the two hosts couldn't make up their minds if the Bruins should even try to win at this point. They were arguing the pros and cons of a first round massacre at Montreal vs going for the draft pick. But if they just miss the playoffs, they only have a 1% chance in the lottery, so should they lose as many points as possible? At the end they said they had to try to win. But they didn't sound like they believed it; it was just the right thing to say.

The Bruins were just recently a great team. They should fire the coach, GM and maybe the president ASAP.

we were a great team. then we lost to montreal and freaked out and decided to lose our hitting identity and had no identity after that. GM and coach needs to be fired. julien just fucking sucks

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#21464430 - 03/27/15 07:41 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

amp244 said:

i think orr is the best bc he was an great all around player. he did it all. he had a +124 rating one year. thats insane. no one wanted to fight him cuz he was tough. he could score, he could pass, he could hit, he could play D. all around best player the league will ever see

he broke sooooo many records in a short 10 season career

gretzky wasnt even allowed to be hit. if u hit him hard you got 86ed from the league. and yes, that fucking happened. he was such a pussy. without mcsorley he woulda been just a decent player. gretzky was like a twig

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#21464876 - 03/27/15 10:09 AM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Mike "Krusher" Krushelnyski, Marty McSorley and Dave "Cememt Head" Siemenko all played policeman for Gretzky. At Gretzky's request Krushelnyski and McSorley were sent along to Los Angeles with Gretzky.

--------------------

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#21464884 - 03/27/15 10:11 AM (9 years, 3 days ago)

in other words he was a bitch and knew it lol

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: Ran-D]
    #21465639 - 03/27/15 01:36 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Fuck Phoenix cause they shouldn't have a hockey team.

You're not down with the southern teams? They seem to get decent support which is really all that matters IMO.

It's not that I'm against Southern teams in general; just the one that can't fill stadiums and put a quality product on the ice. The California teams can do both. Phoenix, Carolina and Florida can do neither. Those three teams attendance as percentage of capacity is 77.3, 66.6 and 65.7.

Compare these teams attendance as percentage of capacity:Chicago 110.3 San Jose 109.9 Washington 106.4 Minnesota 105.9.
Traditional hockey towns Winnipeg, Edmonton, Boston, NYR, LA Kings, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Detroit and Montreal are all drawing 100% Plus of capacity. Ten teams are drawing 90-100 percent with most coming closer to 100.

So really when you look at the attendance of Phoenix, Carolina and Florida you should be comparing them to a goal of 110% attendance not 100, because that is what the successful teams bring in. And those three don't make the playoffs often enough to get an enthusiastic fan base. There are cities in Canada and other parts of the U.S. that could do better with a franchise.

--------------------

Invisibleamp244
Sporocarp Stretching

Re: NHL 2014 - 2015 [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21466634 - 03/27/15 05:14 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

r00tuuu123 said:
Quote:

amp244 said:

you forgot one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Messier

Messier was a great player. Arguably the best leader the sport has ever had. However I wouldn't lump him with the other three. Messier averaged just over a point per game, an incredible feat, especially given the 1,756 regular season games he played, but Gretzky and Lemieux averaged nearly two points per game. And in regards to Orr, as far as I know there is only one other defensemen to average over a point per game (Paul Coffee) and nobody comes anywhere near him in terms of +/- per game. Orr nearly averaged a + per game! Not even the great one comes close to that stat. If Orr's career had been 1,100 games long he would have been a +1,000! That's fucking nuts.

{Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr}
______________________________________________________________________________________

Messier, Howe, Coffee, Dionne, Sakic, Yzerman, Trottier, Borque, Lidstrom etc.

--------------------

"Monopoly, besides, is a great enemy to good management, which can never be universally established but in consequence of that free and universal competition which forces everybody to have recourse in it for the sake of self-defense." -Adam Smith

Invisibleamp244
Sporocarp Stretching

#21466749 - 03/27/15 05:42 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
    Toronto is currently 4th worst which gives them a decent shot, and if they get it, the greatest Canadian conspiracy theory of all time. The NHL is taking steps to deemphasize the TV show for the lottery, because so many fans are smelling bullshit. I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo or Toronto win the lottery; at least they like hockey. Fuck Edmonton cause they can stand to lose a while longer, and Fuck Phoenix cause they shouldn't have a hockey team.

Brian you're a funny ass dude. I busted out laughing reading that once I got to the "Fuck Phoenix cause they shouldn't have a hockey team" part. I would feel bad for Shane Doan but apparently he really likes it there. At least in that market he can go out to the mall with his family and not get hassled by fans.

And what is this Gretzky conspiracy you are all talking about? I was born in 1987 so I only really remember Gretzky from his later years with the Rangers. All the documentaries and old footage are what I have to go off of in terms of his LA and Edmonton years. I was unaware he was given preferential treatment by the league and refs, although I can certainly believe it (it happens in just about every sport). He was definitely a pussy by hockey player standards. All his "fights" were terrible.

And Bassfreak, I'm gonna start cheering for Boston to make and do well in the playoffs because I sense the passion and pain in your posts. I feel for you man.

--------------------

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#21467962 - 03/27/15 09:38 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Move the coyotes to hartford it doesnt even matter if the team wins we'll still love em!

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
    #21468476 - 03/27/15 11:11 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Move the coyotes to hartford it doesnt even matter if the team wins we'll still love em!

Long live the Whale Bring the Canes back to Hartford and do Ron Francis proud.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder