Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShameMaker
Stranger

Loc: Rocky Mountain High State
How can you tell if you over pasturize horse manure?
    #21357032 - 03/03/15 03:46 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

I've been having issues of aborts and tubs that will colonize and then uncolonize a lot quicker than I've ever had. It will usually spawn mold as well. Recently I've also had fungus gnats which is something that my grow has never been contaminated with before. Am I over pasturizing which gives different mold strains and fungus gnats a chance to contaminate the manure easier? I'm using the monotub method.

--------------------
When I feel ashamed I get so scared; it makes me want to hurt you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How can you tell if you over pasturize horse manure? [Re: ShameMaker]
    #21357042 - 03/03/15 03:49 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

well how are you pasteurizing

Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How can you tell if you over pasturize horse manure? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21357059 - 03/03/15 03:55 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

if you have fungus gnats your sub is to wet.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #21357178 - 03/03/15 04:27 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

ShameMaker said:
I've been having issues of aborts and tubs that will colonize and then uncolonize a lot quicker than I've ever had. It will usually spawn mold as well. Recently I've also had fungus gnats which is something that my grow has never been contaminated with before. Am I over pasturizing which gives different mold strains and fungus gnats a chance to contaminate the manure easier? I'm using the monotub method.

Either that, or you are working with a weak culture.  What is your pasteurization method, and inoculm??

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineShameMaker
Stranger

Loc: Rocky Mountain High State
Re: How can you tell if you over pasturize horse manure? [Re: hamloaf]
    #21357206 - 03/03/15 04:36 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

Thank you for the responses. I have been using the pillow case method for years. I stopped keeping track of temperature a long long time ago. I usually throw it in the pot, bring it to a low boil and let it cook for 3 hours. In the past this has always worked for me so I'm a little baffled now if this is what's causing my new problems. I thought it was the strain becoming weak after a few runs but I've been switching strains around and used the same strains that I have used several times with lots of success in the past but had no luck this time around. I'm pretty sure I've been throwing it in the tub when it's still a little too wet so I will definitely keep an eye out for that. I'll probably try and keep the water at around 175 F when I pasteurize again.

Also been using organic rye berrys from the same producer for about 5 years. I don't think the rye has gone bad on me. It still colonizes over nicely..... but come to think of it I've also noticed that the berrys stopped forming pins on the rye if it has been sitting around for too long without going into a tub. Is it possible the Rye has been contaminated to the point where it can look healthy and grow mycelium but never fruit?

--------------------
When I feel ashamed I get so scared; it makes me want to hurt you.

Edited by ShameMaker (03/03/15 04:39 PM)

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #21357221 - 03/03/15 04:40 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

try bringing it to field capacity then loading in jars, then start with cold water going little over halfway up your jars and once it starts to boil shut the stove off and keep an eye on the core temp of the manure, ya want it between 140-160 for 60 minutes

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom