Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCplCauliflower
shroomyboi
I'm a teapot
Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do?
    #21355387 - 03/03/15 08:16 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hello! This will be my 2nd grow. I plan on inoculating 24 BRF cakes with LC and letting them colonize. What are my main options with exploring these cakes? I have plans to build a SGFC and fruiting like 12 of them. I was also thinking of casing some of the cakes with vermiculite and peat moss. Any suggestions, advice, or teks?

My Liquid Culture tek: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12830423

My Casing tek: http://www.shroomery.org/54/50-50-Casing-Tek

Any help would be appreciated! I think I will be using Cambodia, Golden Teacher, Ecuador, and Treasure Coast, 6 cakes each.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGuardian187
Neophyte

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do? [Re: CplCauliflower]
    #21355399 - 03/03/15 08:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'd recommend saving some of each "strain" for agar. Personally, I much prefer monotubs over pf tek. Eventually, you'll want to get a PC anyway.

I don't have experience with LC, but I've read that it can be risky, especially if you aren't working with agar.

Read this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20315382#20315382

I crumbled my cakes to bulk once, but it contaminated. That is an option too though!

InvisibleCplCauliflower
shroomyboi
I'm a teapot
Re: Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do? [Re: Guardian187]
    #21358255 - 03/03/15 08:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting read! That explained the difference well. I don't plan on working with agar for a little bit, not until I have more experience with bulk and LC. I do plan on working with bulk once I get LC figured out though.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do? [Re: CplCauliflower]
    #21358316 - 03/03/15 09:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CplCauliflower said:
Interesting read! That explained the difference well. I don't plan on working with agar for a little bit, not until I have more experience with bulk and LC. I do plan on working with bulk once I get LC figured out though.

Trouble with LC is no spore syringe is ever 100% clean. Innoculating LC from spore is very high risk and you may end up dissapointed. You would be much better off innoculating those cakes directly from spore syringe.

The only way to be safe with LC is to clean your culture on agar first and use the agar to inoculate the LC.

I recomend a PF grow now if you have no pressure cooker and once you have one, learn agar to inoculate your spawn and do bulk grows that way.

By then you probably wont want to use LC amyways but if you do, that would be a more proper time to experiement with it

Get a BRF grow done and you wont need to strech your spores anyways, if you take some prints you will have more spores than you will ever be able to use :lol:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Edited by mushpunx (03/03/15 09:05 PM)

Offlinesilverstem
Caps & Stems
Male

Loc: jordan Flag
Re: Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do? [Re: mushpunx]
    #21358400 - 03/03/15 09:20 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Just spawn 10 cakes to a monotub.

--------------------

Shroomery needs a gun forum!!!!!!!!! CAN WE HAVE ONE?????

InvisibleGuardian187
Neophyte

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Going to make 24 BRF cakes, what do? [Re: mushpunx]
    #21358523 - 03/03/15 09:56 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Quote:

CplCauliflower said:

Trouble with LC is no spore syringe is ever 100% clean. Innoculating LC from spore is very high risk and you may end up dissapointed. You would be much better off innoculating those cakes directly from spore syringe.

The only way to be safe with LC is to clean your culture on agar first and use the agar to inoculate the LC.

I recomend a PF grow now if you have no pressure cooker and once you have one, learn agar to inoculate your spawn and do bulk grows that way.

By then you probably wont want to use LC amyways but if you do, that would be a more proper time to experiement with it

Get a BRF grow done and you wont need to strech your spores anyways, if you take some prints you will have more spores than you will ever be able to use :lol:

:whathesaid:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate