Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrKronik
Stranger

Hydrogen Peroxide Help
    #21347515 - 03/01/15 10:01 AM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Alright so im going to try and be breif;

I am a noob at this... Just putting it out there, and I understand; See a contam, throw it out and back to square one

Now, as a beginner I have much to learn,  So when i saw green mold pop up at the top of my jar (bottom because i read shaking and flippin around 50% is helpful)  I decided to let it colonize anyway, in a far away land.  Now it showed contam at 90% so when it finished I birthed it.  Now when I birthed it i wiped everything down with rubbing alcohol, vermiculite and jar mouth.  I took half the cake out (contaminated part) went 1-2 cm up past that, soaked in 91% alc for a minute or 2 and cut it off leaving the "clean" cake still in the jar

After reading somewhere that peroxide helps fight mold i put 3% solution with my mist water (about 1:9 ratio) and misted the fuck out out my cake and sgfc

My question now is, am i fucked? will the slight h2o2 in the water completely kill the mycelium? is blue bruising good or bad? Find out on the next dragon ball z (sorry im high had to do it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeisenburg
HOPE U LIKE WHAT U SEE!!!!
Male

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Help [Re: MrKronik]
    #21347570 - 03/01/15 10:19 AM (9 years, 30 days ago)

It's trichoderma.
I would bet that there is no "good" part of that cake.
Handling it is not a great idea. Keeping it at all may not be a great idea.
I would sterilize it and toss it (or just toss it in the garbage outside since its already been opened).
No sense in jeopardizing future grows. :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Help [Re: Heisenburg]
    #21347618 - 03/01/15 10:34 AM (9 years, 30 days ago)

if you have green mold you have to toss it. cubensis mycelium does not fight back against green mold. the green is the spores made by another white mold usually trichodermia. trich is parasitic to mushroom mycelium it grows with it. you can't cut it out, salt it, bleach it, or peroxide it. nothing saves it it's trash. toss it out outside wash out your jar. or boil your jar then toss it out inside and wash out your jar.

OfflineMrKronik
Stranger

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Help [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21348932 - 03/01/15 04:29 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Well its already gone or id take pictures, but i googled trich and breadmold on mushroom mycelium, and noticed breadmold is several shades darker if that is my culprit and not trich do i have a chance?

also the cake has bruised blue so i know theres mushie myc somewhere in there im just wondering if the slight amount of h2o2 in my mist bottle is going to totally kill it? i saturated the whole set up in it

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Help [Re: MrKronik]
    #21349094 - 03/01/15 05:28 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Peroxide isn't going to help anything. Even relatively small amounts of it can significantly slow down the growth of mushroom mycelium giving any competitors that are more tolerant to it an advantage. It's not going to actually kill the mushroom mycelium but it's counterproductive.

--------------------

OfflineMrKronik
Stranger

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Help [Re: Kizzle]
    #21349123 - 03/01/15 05:35 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Thank you kizzle thats all i needed to know so keep peroxide as far as possible from my set up

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale