Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsynonim
Stranger

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: Nz-Maori]
    #21377242 - 03/08/15 08:27 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Nz-Maori said:
bro i know u said dont water them to much but there only popin up in my yard coz im watering the shit out of them? heaps of people say that to much water is bad but its so dry here in chch unless i give them the water i dont think they will grow

They would fruit eventually :smile:. So when is the time to look for Psilocybe subaeruginosa in NZ?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Christchurch
Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: Psynonim]
    #21379532 - 03/08/15 06:06 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

haha bro i find a mad patch then i bagg all the ground up under neath it once i pic kit then spread it in my garden and add more bark to it ,, it was a experiment really bro

--------------------
nga puhi Maori in the bush, like a pukeko

CHRISTCHURCH CITY -smoke weed everyday, stay tuned

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

Loc: NZ Flag
    #21380406 - 03/08/15 08:54 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

Kind of a dick move if it's a locally known patch that others use. Digging up patches for one's own benefit is generally frowned upon. I guess if you're sure you're the only one who knows about it then I don't have an issue with it, but just respect the patches for the most part and take only what you need. These types of patch relocating efforts are generally fruitless anyway, or won't put out as much as they would have if left undisturbed. You'd probably be better off leaving them be :shrug:

--------------------

"Shine on forever, shine on benevolent sun. Shine on upon the broken, shine until the two become one."

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: HookerWithAPenis]
    #21380511 - 03/08/15 09:17 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

So how to grow mycellium from spores then plant that mycellium into a woodchip setup in the backyard...

--------------------
Psilocybe subaeruginosa 2015

OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

#21380718 - 03/08/15 10:07 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

HookerWithAPenis said:
Kind of a dick move if it's a locally known patch that others use. Digging up patches for one's own benefit is generally frowned upon. I guess if you're sure you're the only one who knows about it then I don't have an issue with it, but just respect the patches for the most part and take only what you need. These types of patch relocating efforts are generally fruitless anyway, or won't put out as much as they would have if left undisturbed. You'd probably be better off leaving them be :shrug:

yea bro all of my spots are un known to anybody and in a very remote location i couldnt be fucked trecking to it took 3 hours to walk to this spot i just brought it home a few seasons ago but dick move not even a bit mate because last year i went back and there was even more there than the year i took it so no harm buddy , dont have a cry there just a fungi bro there is lots of spots around here opinions are like arseholes everyone has one im not looking for arsholes bro...spilt milk brother

--------------------

OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

#21380722 - 03/08/15 10:08 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

its just like anything else,
bitches gon bitch
standard
all day shit!

--------------------

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

#21380988 - 03/08/15 11:58 PM (9 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Nz-Maori said:
yea bro all of my spots are un known to anybody and in a very remote location

Great.
Quote:

dont have a cry there just a fungi bro there is lots of spots around here opinions are like arseholes everyone has one im not looking for arsholes bro...spilt milk brother

I wasn't crying. Just making a valid point that there are few things more infuriating than coming back to a nice patch only to find it's been completely decimated by some asshat who ripped everything out of the ground. Now I know these spots were personal spots so you're not guilty of that. Just checking. If we want these beauties to stick around, we best treat them with some respect. Peace brother.

--------------------

"Shine on forever, shine on benevolent sun. Shine on upon the broken, shine until the two become one."

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

#21381116 - 03/09/15 01:01 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

I wouldn't risk fkn with the mycelium network of a patch, but if it worked for you and did not damage the original patch, great work making a personal patch in the yard aint easy. Best thing is to use spores to make new patches no risk involved, no harm done. Another safe thing to do (I would assume - please correct me if im wrong) is that sometimes you just get those few single loose woodchips absolutely covered in mycellium, id say take those and bury them a litle in your backyard patch, and hope the mycelium will spawn.

--------------------

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: Ghost0420]
    #21381247 - 03/09/15 01:44 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

Yeah that's a more sensible approach. Having said that, I've done all that with no success so far. Who knows, maybe they'll show up this season :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #21381567 - 03/09/15 07:05 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

Remember you can the stem-butts to grow new patches, no need to dig up everything!!

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: daz01]
    #21383963 - 03/09/15 06:48 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
Remember you can the stem-butts to grow new patches, no need to dig up everything!!

what do u mean by that?

--------------------

OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

#21383974 - 03/09/15 06:50 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

HookerWithAPenis said:
Yeah that's a more sensible approach. Having said that, I've done all that with no success so far. Who knows, maybe they'll show up this season :shrug:

probably not bro, just my opinion

--------------------

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

#21384504 - 03/09/15 09:07 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Nz-Maori said:
Quote:

HookerWithAPenis said:

probably not bro, just my opinion

I thought you didn't like opinions :wink:

--------------------

Offlineeltahi
Stranger
    #21390825 - 03/11/15 12:04 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Dude not even fair... SO going for a hunt this weekend.....

Invisiblejbnz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: NZ
    #21390937 - 03/11/15 01:02 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Nz-Maori said:
what do u mean by that?

Take a little piece of stem from mushrooms you find and use it to colonize a new patch. I agree with the other posters that you should try to avoid digging up mycelium from patches as it disrupts the networks and can ruin them. The last thing I want to see is psilocybe patches destroyed and replaced by galerina. I think shroom hunters should actively promote the 'fitness / survival' (in the biological sense) of psilocybe species rather than decreasing it. If you have copious bark chips colonized at home for example, take one and put it in newly wood-chipped gardens every now and then to help them out.

Here is some pictures of a piece of cap I used to start a new shroom pot a few years back. You can do the same thing with a piece of stem.

--------------------

OfflineHookerWithAPenis
Sub sniffer
Male

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: jbnz]
    #21390952 - 03/11/15 01:10 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Wow^. What was your process in doing that exactly? I've tried similar things but nothing has worked. I've buried caps, stems, spore prints, I've even taken a big bag of moldy subs and sandwhiched them between layers of woodchips. I did that all last season, so maybe they needed the season to establish a mycelium base and perhaps they'll pop up this season, but I'd like to know what exactly you did here. Looks like you just dropped a cap on top of some woodchips? Did you bury it on the side of the container?

--------------------

Invisiblejbnz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: NZ
Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: HookerWithAPenis] * 1
    #21391058 - 03/11/15 01:44 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

I can't say I've used any particularly special techniques.

Initially I transferred stem butts to cardboard before woodchips, however I'm not convinced this step is necessary any more. More recently I have directly transferred mushroom pieces to pasteurized woodchips and this has seemed to work for me. After some chips are colonized I transfer them into an outside garden or into wood-chip pots in combination with some soil. From my experience they don't seem to fruit the first year. My first ever pot (the one pictured above) took two years before it fruited. Initially I thought it had failed but after enough time if I turned over the woodchips I could see the mycelium below. If you can see your sub mycelium (don't disrupt it too much! :tongue:) you're probably going to be OK. I presume if you're using mushroom pieces then the mycelium is already dikaryotic and is capable of fruiting (in contrast to mycelium from spores) - someone like Inski could correct me on this if this is incorrect.

Perhaps your sub experiment will pay off in another year or two! To be honest I utilize a pretty hands-off approach (except when they have started fruiting in which case I water them through to harvest to ensure they don't dry out or abort).

Hopefully my attempt at a makarorae pot will work this year! I counting the days down until Autumn is in full swing. Happy hunting and growing! :toast:

(Pic of mini maka pot from last year)

Edit:
Here's a link to the original post that inspired me to grow them in pots. Miss Match 'ghetto tek' woodlover grow.

--------------------

Edited by jbnz (03/11/15 01:51 AM)

OfflineNz-Maori
Chch-hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND ID REQUEST 2015 [Re: jbnz]
    #21391093 - 03/11/15 01:51 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

holy shit

--------------------

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

#21391107 - 03/11/15 02:03 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by Ghost0420 (09/13/15 07:24 PM)

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

#21391111 - 03/11/15 02:06 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

You don't harm the other patches roots that way.
Works better aswell, can start heaps of patches like that.

--------------------

Edited by Ghost0420 (09/13/15 07:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds