Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsillyDoctor
Strangers

Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: hamloaf]
    #21110882 - 01/12/15 10:55 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
During pinning, the climate is held at 99% RH, & 72-75F. 

Also, during pinning fog-like conditions are summoned for a few hours a day using 2 warm mist humidifiers.  The Grow Room's temperature is maintained using a programmable, radiator-style oil heater.

Once fruits are in full fruit body production, the Grow Room's RH is reduced to 70-80%, and the temperature remains @ between 72-75F.

Crane used to move these tubs around are the right and left arms of the individual cultivator.

just figured it could help monitor here keeping them at 99% & 70 - 80% when switched or do these warm mist have setting keeping it dialed in on them settings that way?

--------------------

Edited by PsillyDoctor (01/12/15 11:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: PsillyDoctor]
    #21157166 - 01/21/15 01:05 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, such inspiring tubs and room! I have a couple questions:

Do you not use a liner in your tubs? I've always seen un-lined tubs get nasty looking side fruits that are a pain to harvest. But it looks like all your pinning is on top.

Also, would an air purifier be any advantage in a controlled environment like that? The plastic does most of the work surely, but entering and exiting must let in some potential contaminants. Is it too minimal for you to worry? Or do you have a hepa or some type of air filter cleaning the room? How is your entrance designed anyway?

Thanks! learned a ton already from this thread alone.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: Icon]
    #21161528 - 01/22/15 08:38 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

No liner is used in the tubs, no.  Never got into the habit of using liners.  Liners caught on a little bit AFTER my time.  Tried them a few times though.  When ideal fruiting conditions, and substrate moisture content are applied, side-pinning is a non-issue. 

An air filter would be a HUGE advantage.  Not just some wal-mart filter, but there are ACTUAL filters designed for the Mushroom Grow Room.  They are called "electrostatic" air purifiers, and are capable of filtering particulates out of the air down to 1 micron.  I refer to them as the flowhood of the Grow Room.

http://www.fungi.com/search-results.html?keywords=electrostatic+air+filter

The small amount of contaminants brought into the growing environment by the cultivator when the room is entered are a concern, even though it's know the spawn is healthy enough, and the bulk substrate materials are pasteurized correctly to carry out several flushes without contaminating.  The sterility of your growing area is an equilibrium that needs to be balanced and maintained by the cultivator, like the tuning of a piano, or guitar. 

Currently there are no filters operating in the room.  Have a the electrostatic filter displayed above in the cross-hairs though once larger real estate is had.  A viable electrostatic filter engineered and constructed for this hobby would LAUNCH the cultivator into the capacity to fruit trays, or substrate blocks in open-air on shelving systems designed, and constructed to personal specs.  Could probably fruit in open air now, but an electrostatic filter installed into the growing room would put the mind at ease. 

The entrance to the grow room design is SIMPLE.  A slit in the plastic was cut from the floor 6 and a half feet high.  A separate, sheet of plastic about 3 feet wide is hung so that it over-laps the entrance to the growing area like a makeshift door.

A few other precautionary measures of procedure to sterility that are taken.  Clean clothes are worn each time the grow room is entered.  Shoes in the Grow Room are no-goods.  There is a 2 gallon, black dish washing tray that is filled with warm soapy that is placed at the entrance as a bath for the feet before entering the Grow Room.  The floors are also wiped down with straight alcohol on a folded paper towels just before leaving the Grow Room EACH time the Grow Room is entered.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: hamloaf]
    #21165271 - 01/22/15 10:04 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:levitate:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: fahtster]
    #21171645 - 01/24/15 03:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Wow.. Can't believe I missed this one... Nice job!

Faht

Can't believe this post was missed!  Thanks, man.

Nice double-stacked cakes in RR's video Let's Grow Mushroom, The BRF section.

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21171955 - 01/24/15 05:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Thank ya. :thumbup:

faht

InvisiblePsillyDoctor
Strangers

Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: fahtster]
    #21174467 - 01/25/15 11:47 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

like how this thread is coming along

--------------------

OfflineBluntsenBurner
Smoker of Blunts
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under that cloud of smoke
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: PsillyDoctor]
    #21176498 - 01/25/15 08:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyDoctor said:

Definitely one of the better controlled climates I've seen, especially if he's serious about that air filter, that would be pretty sweet. Nothing like a flow hood but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing for a room to fruit in *edit* idk how effective that thing is in a sealed room but if your running that constantly you could basically eliminate the chance of mold contams and put a dent in bacteria in the air

--------------------
Blunted
Nothing is more insightful than a trip into your own consciousness.
Noobs click HERE for tons of helpful information.
Interested in trading for San Pedro/Bridgesii, PM me

Edited by BluntsenBurner (01/25/15 08:46 PM)

OfflineCaptainJackSparrow
Amateur Mycoman
Male

Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: BluntsenBurner]
    #21176728 - 01/25/15 09:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Wow this is a beautiful setup op i wish i had the funds to setup something like this :eek:

--------------------
WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: CaptainJackSparrow]
    #21178566 - 01/26/15 10:45 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyDoctor said:

Indeed.  Good flow of thread.

Quote:

BluntsenBurner said:
Quote:

PsillyDoctor said:

Definitely one of the better controlled climates I've seen, especially if he's serious about that air filter, that would be pretty sweet. Nothing like a flow hood but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing for a room to fruit in *edit* idk how effective that thing is in a sealed room but if your running that constantly you could basically eliminate the chance of mold contams and put a dent in bacteria in the air

Nah, a flowhood is seriously OVERKILL for use in a Mushroom Growing room.  Electrostatic Air filtration systems are engineered, designed, and constructed specifically to be used as the main air filtration system of the Mushroom Grow Room. 

Definitely serious about getting that filter.  Real estate size will not allow for it currently.  Hell, real estate size is what's holding back the construction of a 2x4 foot flowhood, and is the MAJOR cause for a lot of cultivation constraints.  The amp load of the blower motor for the flowhood would throw breakers all over the residence.  That, and SICK of messing with the moving around, cleaning, and fanning monotub fruiting chambers.  Plans are in the works to expand real estate.  That's going to take a little time though, but is coming right along.  Patience.  Always patience. 

Quote:

CaptainJackSparrow said:
Wow this is a beautiful setup op i wish i had the funds to setup something like this :eek:

Got to spend money to make money.  :wink:

Edited by liquidmyce (01/26/15 10:56 AM)

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

#21178614 - 01/26/15 10:55 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: blackdust]
    #21208688 - 01/31/15 08:23 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Another kick-ass pinset coming up.  This isn't a hamloaf hybrid though.  Have plenty of those coming up to look at, but, ya' know.  hamloaf KNOWS pinsets.  :cool:  :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21210593 - 02/01/15 11:25 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:hehehe:

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21211073 - 02/01/15 01:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: eatyualive]
    #21211084 - 02/01/15 01:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:levitate:

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21336785 - 02/27/15 05:45 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

oh man just looked at this thread again. just wow. amazing grow.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: eatyualive]
    #21358249 - 03/03/15 08:48 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

it is an inspiration worth of a bump :happyheart:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Offlinetourrat
humanbeinganimal
 User Gallery

Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: filthyknees]
    #21358731 - 03/03/15 10:39 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Next tubs I do I'm going to move the holes up to the seven in mark or so...I run 66 QTS. But my environment is super dry so I'm hoping the hole placement will help keep humidity good at the surface. I'll be stuffing poly though.  Nice grow thanks for the insight .

--------------------
Knee deep in the hotel tub.....

Offlinemaui
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: tourrat]
    #21358746 - 03/03/15 10:42 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinekangarudeboy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Introducing hamloaf's Shotgun/Monotub Hybrid Fruiting Chamber (Proto-type Phase)! [Re: maui]
    #21359197 - 03/04/15 01:37 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

This is some next level shit and I'm definitely reading back through your posts man. Hoooly shit.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck