Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Weed addiction [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #21195405 - 01/29/15 08:20 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Well I used more marijuana than almost everybody, every day for a decade plus, and I am absolutely not addicted at all, so that's all I can base it on. Nobody I know qualifies as addicted to weed from my perspective. But if you feel addicted to weed I am not going to argue, but from a medical, physiological, scientific point of view, some drugs like benzos and heroin are addictive and some like marijuana or advil are not. The definition of addictive is causes physical withdrawal when drug is not taken. Weed does not cause this.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
Re: Weed addiction [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #21195567 - 01/29/15 09:14 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Amphetamines do not cause physical withdrawal but they are still addictive

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

InvisibleSoloTrip
Help Ever, Hurt Never
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Weed addiction [Re: SteelPanther]
    #21195667 - 01/29/15 09:41 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it hundreds of times. -- Mark Twain

Google really is a hell of a tool.

"In 1944, New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia commissioned research to be performed by the New York Academy of Science. Among their conclusions: they found marijuana did not lead to significant addiction in the medical sense of the word. They also did not find any evidence marijuana led to morphine, heroin or cocaine addiction.

We now know that while estimates vary, marijuana leads to dependence in around 9 to 10% of its adult users. By comparison, cocaine, a schedule 2 substance "with less abuse potential than schedule 1 drugs" hooks 20% of those who use it. Around 25% of heroin users become addicted.

The worst is tobacco, where the number is closer to 30% of smokers, many of whom go on to die because of their addiction.

There is clear evidence that in some people marijuana use can lead to withdrawal symptoms, including insomnia, anxiety and nausea. Even considering this, it is hard to make a case that it has a high potential for abuse. The physical symptoms of marijuana addiction are nothing like those of the other drugs I've mentioned. I have seen the withdrawal from alcohol, and it can be life threatening."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-marijuana/

Imagine a world if every drug addict could switch to pot overnight. http://qz.com/326045/legalized-marijuana-might-be-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen-to-heroin-addicts/

the impact of smoking marijuana on yo LUNGS, sucka :wink:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/01/22/3614459/new-pot-research/

--------------------

Edited by SoloTrip (01/29/15 09:48 AM)

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Weed addiction [Re: SoloTrip]
    #21196727 - 01/29/15 01:19 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

For the record, anyone that has been using marijuana for a decade almost every day and says it is not addictive is really delusional. Sure you can stop for a week or two but you keep coming back.

Amphetamines are not addictive by Moonshoe's explanation. There are no withdrawals but you keep coming back for more.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Bitter Cactus] * 1
    #21196747 - 01/29/15 01:23 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

No amphetamines fry your dopamine receptors and people who have used them daily get super lethargic, apathetic, depressed etc when they go off them , its a different kind of withdrawal then heroin or benzos but it is a form of withdrawal, they lose the ability to function or feel pleasure without the amphetamines because their dopamine system is damaged.

As I said before, doing something every day does not mean its addictive. By that definition salad is addictive because I eat one every single day.

This is day 4 without any weed for me, and i havent even missed it , no craving, no withdrawal whatsoever, not even thinking about it.

Weed is absolutely not addictive.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Moonshoe]
    #21196755 - 01/29/15 01:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

"In 1944, New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia commissioned research to be performed by the New York Academy of Science. Among their conclusions: they found marijuana did not lead to significant addiction in the medical sense of the word."

There you have it, a scientific study that concluded weed does not lead to addiction in the medical sense of the word. It is not addictive from a medical and scientific standpoint.

--------------------

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

#21196782 - 01/29/15 01:30 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Why have you been using it for ten years? If it is not addictive, quit for one year.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#21196806 - 01/29/15 01:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I have been using it for ten years because I enjoy it, its harmless and it has lots of benefits. The fact that you like something and choose to use it or do it daily for a long time does not in itself mean that thing is addictive. Medically its not addictive, I just choose to use it daily because I enjoy it and I see no reason not to.

No withdrawal= no addiction, its that simple.

I could quit for a year but that wouldn't prove anything I don't already know- weed isn't addictive whether I use it every day or never use it again, its not addictive either way.

I may or may not quit someday, but whether I quit or not its still not a physically addictive substance, period.

I drink green tea every day and have been for even longer then I have been using weed daily. i do it because green tea is really nice, harmless, and has benefits and I enjoy it. Doesn't mean green tea is addictive.

Each morning I have green tea and each day I smoke some weed, every day. But neither of those things are addictive. If anything the caffeine in green tea may be more addictive then weed, but neither are actually addictive.

1. My doctor told me weed is not addictive
2. The scientific study I quoted says weed is not addictive
3. When I dont use weed I dont get any withdrawal whatsoever, nor any significant cravings

therefore, weed is not addictive.

Also to the person who said he is using heroin to taper of weed, I hope your joking because if not that is literally the most idiotic thing I have ever heard in my life.

Pure insanity.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #21196929 - 01/29/15 02:01 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
For the record, anyone that has been using marijuana for a decade almost every day and says it is not addictive is really delusional. Sure you can stop for a week or two but you keep coming back.

Amphetamines are not addictive by Moonshoe's explanation. There are no withdrawals but you keep coming back for more.

I find myself buying pineapple juice too. You should try it some time.

I'm addicted to pineapple juice, I keep coming back for more.

Anyone can get addicted to anything. Some people eat fucking pocket change. Best example though is cigarettes. The chemical dependency is the easiest part to break when quitting. It's the habituation and motive that are hard to change, everyone uses these substances in different ways. What you are really talking about is a personality flaw and you're too far up your own ass too take a second and.. you know, think. Weed is not an addictive substance. I've taken extended break numerous times and found myself feeling basically the same on a day to day basis. There was no physical withdrawal, only the habituation to modify.

Weed is not addictive. By your model, everything is addictive. There's no conversation here if you are basing your argument on our bodies feeding us dopamine. We are talking about weed. The question is, is it an addictive substance? No, it's not.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21196953 - 01/29/15 02:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbsup:

If doing something every day means its an addiction then we are all addicted to brushing our teeth, turning on our computers and having breakfast.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#21197288 - 01/29/15 02:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Why have you been using it for ten years? If it is not addictive, quit for one year.

This is fallacious. I was a heavy, daily smoker for 6 years and quit no problem. I smoke once every 6 months or so, if even that, and have gone over a year without smoking in that time as well. That's not proof that it isn't addictive though - in the same way that you're quip about quitting for a year isn't proof that it is. It's a garbage argument.

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: heart of the sun
    #21197365 - 01/29/15 03:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

some of the posts in this thread make me cringe.

I don't think people here really understand addiction.

There is a really, really big difference between immensely enjoying something and being addicted to something.

people who are addicted wish they could quit. Using the drug could be causing them an immense amount of physical and emotional pain but they can't quit BECAUSE they're addicted. It's like the cigarette smoker who HATES spending money on cigarettes, who hates standing in the freezing cold looking like a tool, who hates knowing he's damaging his lungs, who feels no pleasure from the cigarette, but still smokes because he's hooked.

--------------------

Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it.

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Alexestalex]
    #21197477 - 01/29/15 03:29 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Before I went to rehab, we had to do a few things to get in. We had to do these classes and a group discussion thing. I was placed in the younger group.

We were in a circle talking about our addictions. These kids were all trying to quit weed and were trying to get into rehab for there marijuana addiction. I couldn't help but cringe, I must admit since I was trying to quit meth. The dude was all like "if it weren't for cigs, I would never be able to get off weed".

Still, they had trouble quitting weed. I know many people that smoke weed multiple times a day. They cannot stop. It's nothing compared to hard drugs but weed is still addictive to most stoners although they never want to admit it. They rationalize it by saying video games are addictive too.. That doesn't change anything, they are still addicted to weed and I consider it an addictive drug.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#21197683 - 01/29/15 04:09 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
No amphetamines fry your dopamine receptors and people who have used them daily get super lethargic, apathetic, depressed etc when they go off them , its a different kind of withdrawal then heroin or benzos but it is a form of withdrawal, they lose the ability to function or feel pleasure without the amphetamines because their dopamine system is damaged.

As I said before, doing something every day does not mean its addictive. By that definition salad is addictive because I eat one every single day.

This is day 4 without any weed for me, and i havent even missed it , no craving, no withdrawal whatsoever, not even thinking about it.

Look it's definitely psychologically addictive for alot of people but for a lot of people like you it really isn't all that addictive. In fact most people I know can smoke for a year and quit for 2 years or they smoke it once a month

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

#21197742 - 01/29/15 04:22 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Quote:

Moonshoe said:

Look it's definitely psychologically addictive for alot of people but for a lot of people like you it really isn't all that addictive. In fact most people I know can smoke for a year and quit for 2 years or they smoke it once a month

I'd say weed is more addictive then coffee any day.

I do believe that Moonshoe is addicted to weed. Like I said Moon, go one year without weed if it is not addictive. You will say "no, because of X rationalization".

Let's be honest here. If it is so easy to stop, why not quit completely right now?

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #21197779 - 01/29/15 04:31 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Let's be honest and more realistic,if weed was more addictive then coffee Starbucks would go out of buisiness. Most Americans I know are physically addicted to caffeine and that's a well known fact that it's addicting. Most people I know that used to smoke several grams a day stopped when they graduated high school or got jobs. I don't know ANYONE that has quit a long standing caffeine addiction in 1 night. The only reason I don't stop smoking weed is because my medications that treat what the medical herb treats don't work very well at all and give me bad side effects ranging from vomiting incessantly to suicidal thoughts. All my friends though have had to quit pot at one point or another and very few people have that much problem quitting.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#21197806 - 01/29/15 04:36 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Just googled it, 21 million Americans drink 6 or more cups of coffee per day.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Weed addiction [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #21198346 - 01/29/15 06:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Quote:

Moonshoe said:

I'd say weed is more addictive then coffee any day.

I do believe that Moonshoe is addicted to weed. Like I said Moon, go one year without weed if it is not addictive. You will say "no, because of X rationalization".

Let's be honest here. If it is so easy to stop, why not quit completely right now?

Already did fool this is my fourth day without smoking any weed, zero problem whatsoever, not even thinking about it. You are an idiot.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#21198442 - 01/29/15 06:54 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think anyone is going to take you seriously anymore BC.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever

OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
    #21198450 - 01/29/15 06:58 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

No withdrawal does not equate to no addiction. With this kind of logic we could say something to prove the opposite. No compulsion to smoke more means its not addictive, but wait, most people like to smoke more after trying it! Also the medical study done in 1944 did not seem to be very conclusive, and it did not say that weed is not addictive. Weed is addictive, and its really that simple, since anything you do is addictive, your brain seeks out actions that cause reactions in the brain which are deemed pleasurable, or if they are beneficial for survival ( or the brain just thinks they are beneficial for survival ). When you smoke weed, most people tend to enjoy it, and they seek to do it more. Most people don't try weed then go "interesting I think I may try this again some day" most people realize how much they like it and do it some more.

Even ibuprofen and tylenol are addictive, if you have a pain which responds best to tylenol your going to take a lot of tylenol probably. You will not want to discontinue it because the pain comes back. Although you may dislike one effect of it, you keep taking it for the pain, because you are addicted to it. Also we have to remember there are degrees of addiction.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom