Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetreesniper119
No one of Consequence
Male User Gallery

Loc: rainbow land
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: Kman1898]
    #21179102 - 01/26/15 01:06 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

treesniper119 said:
Yes, but Wickr encrypts your phone, removes GSM and MetaData even when your not using the App. It also has a forensic file shredder that completely removes information off your phone (military grade or better Encryption!) Its like a condom for you phone, so you dont get all fucked up by these shady types who would molest you otherwise. I wouldn't use anything else. Wickr never gets hacked at defcon, where everything else does...

I wouldn't be so trusting of the specs they promise. I use wickr for multiple devices and when I send a message on one device I can read the message in plain text on my other device even after it's been destructed for multiple hours. So until they fix this "huge" breach in security, using wickr IMO is a big no no.

I use wickr on 3 different devices (desktop, tablet & cellphone) and its so obsolete it keeps messages secluded to the device, if i send a message out on one device (my laptop), i can not even see it on another device (my tablet), its like it never happened. I'm not sure what you are talking about, but again, if it was something glaring, it would be have been hacked already, and so far wickr was unhackable at defcon last year, when every other black phone and encryption app got hacked, that to me, speaks volumes about this programs security features. I'll trust it until you hack it, why don't you go win $10,000 right now, that is what they offer for anyone who can find a bug (you will be placed under gag order until the bug is fixed, then your paid and free to talk about it) until you do that, i call BS on your claim and encourage any one who cares to properly encrypt their devices to use this program.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChinChiller
Male

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: treesniper119]
    #21181264 - 01/26/15 05:28 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I was just waiting for the FEDs to nab these guys, what idiots..

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: ChinChiller]
    #21181546 - 01/26/15 05:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Just rubbing your hands in anticipation huh?

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: treesniper119]
    #21181643 - 01/26/15 06:09 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

That's the one

--------------------
Psilocybe subaeruginosa 2015

InvisibleChinChiller
Male

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: vandago]
    #21182035 - 01/26/15 06:38 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vandago said:
Just rubbing your hands in anticipation huh?

I mean id rather they didnt get caught, but knew they would :cookiemonster:

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: SeaShrooms] * 1
    #21182431 - 01/26/15 07:36 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SeaShrooms said:
Isn't the real problem the feds hacking peoples social media for drug busts?

There is no need to hack anyone when you can send them a message and get them to bring drugs to your door. No evidence police hack these sites illegally. Doesnt make sense as the illegally obtained ip address still has to be presented to a judge to get your info from isp. Post pics from coffee shop and you just cost them a 50 hour investigation.

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21182522 - 01/26/15 07:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, the majority of these photos are posted with public or semi-public setting.
The power to brag is strong and no matter what the era or tech it's the number 1 reason people get nailed.

Although that does bring up a point, given the creepiness of the feds previous hijacking accounts of people they arrest, if your friends suddenly start posting weird messages with "where all the drugs at yo?" in public, don't tell them.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: StygianKnight]
    #21183336 - 01/26/15 08:46 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone tried stripping metadata? Maybe https://imageoptim.com/ would work?

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: StygianKnight]
    #21183662 - 01/26/15 09:17 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You were talking about bragging and getting busted, I was thinking of a specific culture in the united states which originated from another continent but I didn't want to start an uproar.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #21183896 - 01/26/15 09:54 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I know right!
Fuck the Irish!
:hahyeahwoo:

Re: metadata
Yep Optim works great, other options include "save for web" in photoshop as well as multiple other tools.
Although it's useless if the image is then posted to an account with your personal details on it.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#21183913 - 01/26/15 09:56 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:

Yep Optim works great, other options include "save for web" in photoshop as well as multiple other tools.
Although it's useless if the image is then posted to an account with your personal details on it.

I am confident that nearly no one knows that they need to strip metadata from peeping toms, hackers, and unethical people trying to ruin random lives for the prosperity of their own life.

What other tools do you trust?

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: The Lightning]
    #21183966 - 01/26/15 10:06 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I don't remember the names but if you are on linux/unix there are multiple command line tools that will strip the meta data without recompression.
I have a little drag and drop icon that runs a striping script.

I trust most of them as metadata (exif data) is stored just as text in the file and thus both easy to strip and verify that it's gone.
Pretty much the only one's I don't trust are online only (upload your file and it gives you a meta data free link) while I doubt they save images uploaded to their program, it seems sketchy compared to the alternatives.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: The Lightning]
    #21185435 - 01/27/15 08:58 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Lightning said:
Quote:

StygianKnight said:

I am confident that nearly no one knows that they need to strip metadata from peeping toms, hackers, and unethical people trying to ruin random lives for the prosperity of their own life.

What other tools do you trust?

No lightning....StygianKnight's right. Plus LE then orders from these fools. Most were discovered based on those two factors alone. Not metadata in this case although idiots do get nabbed due to it.

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21185775 - 01/27/15 10:30 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Heyyyyy lol I have an irish passport

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#21185832 - 01/27/15 10:46 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

treesniper119 said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

treesniper119 said:
Yes, but Wickr encrypts your phone, removes GSM and MetaData even when your not using the App. It also has a forensic file shredder that completely removes information off your phone (military grade or better Encryption!) Its like a condom for you phone, so you dont get all fucked up by these shady types who would molest you otherwise. I wouldn't use anything else. Wickr never gets hacked at defcon, where everything else does...

I wouldn't be so trusting of the specs they promise. I use wickr for multiple devices and when I send a message on one device I can read the message in plain text on my other device even after it's been destructed for multiple hours. So until they fix this "huge" breach in security, using wickr IMO is a big no no.

I use wickr on 3 different devices (desktop, tablet & cellphone) and its so obsolete it keeps messages secluded to the device, if i send a message out on one device (my laptop), i can not even see it on another device (my tablet), its like it never happened. I'm not sure what you are talking about, but again, if it was something glaring, it would be have been hacked already, and so far wickr was unhackable at defcon last year, when every other black phone and encryption app got hacked, that to me, speaks volumes about this programs security features. I'll trust it until you hack it, why don't you go win $10,000 right now, that is what they offer for anyone who can find a bug (you will be placed under gag order until the bug is fixed, then your paid and free to talk about it) until you do that, i call BS on your claim and encourage any one who cares to properly encrypt their devices to use this program.

Well then later when I have time I'll make a video and post it here and I'll submit it to wickr. That way you'll both know I'm not lying. While this may not be an issue with other peoples devices, my old iPad used to get it and currently my iPhone 4s, 5 and 6 all have the issue across all platforms. And I'm not using jail broken phones either.

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: Chuckfinely]
    #21200240 - 01/30/15 05:20 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chuckfinely said:
Lolwhy would anyone post p8ctures of their illicit dealing.

Major:facepalm:

i know a a few people i went to school with that do this. one of them was posting pills and weed on there and someone tagged the local police department on the post so his smart idea was to post fuck the police on top of all the drugs and money and his number and general living area

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #21202500 - 01/30/15 01:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Only an idiot would buy illegal shit from an instagram user... I guess there's a lotttttt of idiots out there!

lol

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineAEL1911
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Japan
    #21217123 - 02/02/15 05:01 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder how many of these dealers just made common mistakes and or bragged too much and just happened to have a instagram account.

--------------------
Check out some fungi in Japan!

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: AEL1911]
    #21225037 - 02/04/15 09:37 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

For the most part these guys were posting things like "dank weed, lsd blotter, mdma text me at xxx-xxx-xxxx"

--------------------

InvisibleGhost0420
Fucking druggo

Re: feds use instagram arrest 350 drug dealers seize 7 million one weekend [Re: Kman1898]
    #21228385 - 02/04/15 10:07 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

These guys are fucking idiots

--------------------
Psilocybe subaeruginosa 2015

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale