Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost
Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished?
    #21142107 - 01/18/15 11:53 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

LINK

From democracy to freedom of the press to advances in science.
Really just every measure of 'civilization' ...the West is the best.

Why?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

World Poverty Map:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleo8u
Taxa Collector
Other User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: SoupSandwich] * 1
    #21142144 - 01/19/15 12:06 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: o8u]
    #21142211 - 01/19/15 12:26 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Bunk, bunk, and bunk.

Africa has natural resources galore.
Which really just leaves germs.

And they have plenty of that as well.

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #21142470 - 01/19/15 02:34 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I blame the USA and big business. Any time anyone tries to start a progressive government not based on capitalism they get a coup, or a rigged election or a bullet from someone who got paid by the CIA. You need to ask why your nation's policy abroad involves over throwing democratically elected leaders for puppet regimes. All of the third world is being exploited by colonial capitalist multinational pigs who want money and give zero fucks about the people. 
Why do you think there is mass corruption over there? Who do you think is doing the bribing? Who is shipping them rocket launchers and machine guns? They live in a mud huts, they didn't build it themselves. White people went over there and redrew the borders with no concern to tribal differences. You raped the land to make your pockets fat. That is what the "free market" is: destroying poor people so you can get fatter. If you want to know why it's because of you.
Is that what you wanted to hear?

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: my3rdeye] * 3
    #21142493 - 01/19/15 02:51 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
I blame the USA and big business. Any time anyone tries to start a progressive government not based on capitalism they get a coup, or a rigged election or a bullet from someone who got paid by the CIA. You need to ask why your nation's policy abroad involves over throwing democratically elected leaders for puppet regimes. All of the third world is being exploited by colonial capitalist multinational pigs who want money and give zero fucks about the people. 
Why do you think there is mass corruption over there? Who do you think is doing the bribing? Who is shipping them rocket launchers and machine guns? They live in a mud huts, they didn't build it themselves. White people went over there and redrew the borders with no concern to tribal differences. You raped the land to make your pockets fat. That is what the "free market" is: destroying poor people so you can get fatter. If you want to know why it's because of you.

:doublefacepalm:

"A nation that became independent not much more than 200 years ago is responsible for all of the east's problems ever."

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Edited by Webster10 (01/19/15 11:33 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: SoupSandwich] * 1
    #21143064 - 01/19/15 09:21 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SoupSandwich said:
Bunk, bunk, and bunk.

Actually it is a pretty good book.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: my3rdeye] * 3
    #21143078 - 01/19/15 09:25 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

What extraordinary bullshit.  The free market has been proven to be the most efficacious path to prosperity in the entire world.  When the hated colonialists leave the country reverts to being the corrupt shithole it was before.  See Zimbabwe.  In as far as corruption goes it is less endemic in Western societies than it is in others.  Baksheesh is not a Western word.

They are poor because they are losers.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21144116 - 01/19/15 01:22 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

I hate to break the news to you, but if the US and Europe didn't exist, Africa would be in worst shape.

Why don't you come to the US and visit some of our lovely inner cities, I think it would explain a lot things you still need to learn about people and culture.

Offlinepsilynut
aka Patchraper

Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #21144185 - 01/19/15 01:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm going to say standardized education . Even a shitty underfunded inner city  education  taught by teachers that suck is way better than 3rd world street education . We have a smarter better trained workforce .

Quote:

I hate to break the news to you, but if the US and Europe didn't exist, Africa would be in worst shape.

Why don't you come to the US and visit some of our lovely inner cities, I think it would explain a lot things you still need to learn about people and culture.

The worst inner city getto I've seen in the USA is a fucking paradise  compared to the best 3rd world getto I've seen . That doesn't make any sense . Or maybe I just smoke to much hash .

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: qman]
    #21145238 - 01/19/15 04:53 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

my3rdeye said:

So you say genetics?  I'd like to hear you expand on what you think. 

I'm an Australian, and this continent was settled by white convicts from England, who took the land by force from the native Aboriginals.  Their evolution seemed to reach a certain point and stop.  They did not farm as we do, but they did use purposeful burning of areas to change the habitat to their favour.  Without interference, they would have continued to live this way until something outside changed it.  The fact is something did, and something always would have.  To stand still is to perish in the sense of a species evolution.  What is evolution?  Something that automatically happens as a species continues to survive.  If the species fails to adapt it ceases to continue and other species who did adapt effectively continue to evolve.

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: Jufin] * 4
    #21145763 - 01/19/15 06:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried, but just could help it. :awejeez:

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21146784 - 01/19/15 09:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

SoupSandwich said:
Bunk, bunk, and bunk.

Actually it is a pretty good book.

I started to read it, it just seems like liberal pseudoscience to me.
But, I guess all sociology is sort of a 'pseudo science'? Anyways, it seemed simplistic.
And afraid to venture far from the shadow of the Cathedral of Political Correctness.

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #21147637 - 01/20/15 12:59 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SoupSandwich said:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried, but just could help it. :awejeez:

Haha

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #21147798 - 01/20/15 02:29 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

England was the first to industrialize. The west has ridden this advantage ever since to control the rest of the world. Battleships, cannons, and wars to enforce economic power. Its pretty straight forward from a historical perspective.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21148082 - 01/20/15 06:11 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

My personal pet theory is that:

A) Because, as we all are taught, White People are Evil.
B) They enslaved their own people.
C) Allowing some elites to have the idle time to think up Industrialization, etc.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
    #21149450 - 01/20/15 11:58 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

The answer is imperialism and effective sabotage operations in other countries on behalf of the CIA. If a country refuses to bow down to US corporate interests, then we overthrow their government and install puppets.

We are entering an extremely dangerous period in human history because both Russia and China are refusing to play the role of obedient US vassal state. The result is US-sponsored protests and CIA-backed civil wars in Ukraine and a potential upcoming war with Russia.

"Every year the American historian William Blum publishes his "updated summary of the record of US foreign policy" which shows that, since 1945, the US has tried to overthrow more than 50 governments, many of them democratically elected; grossly interfered in elections in 30 countries; bombed the civilian populations of 30 countries; used chemical and biological weapons; and attempted to assassinate foreign leaders."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john-pilger

The USA / west are modern day imperialist empires, no different than the Romans or the British or any other empire that has subjugated other countries and forced them to bend over to their will during history.

Edited by chopstick (01/20/15 12:03 PM)

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: chopstick]
    #21149470 - 01/20/15 12:02 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:lolsy: The Guardian!

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
    #21149490 - 01/20/15 12:07 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Al Qaeda / islamist extremists are both used as a reason to invade other countries (Iraq, Afghanistan) and as a mercenary army when it is politically expedient (Syria, Libya)

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/generals-conclude-obama-backed-al-qaida/#V4Kb9KJYBogFJFtw.99

God Bless America :smile:

Edited by chopstick (01/20/15 12:09 PM)

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why has the West succeeded where so many others have languished? [Re: chopstick]
    #21149528 - 01/20/15 12:16 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

OhhhHhh, the Big, Bad, Scaaary USA!

Shouldn't you be starring in an episode of Portlandia or something?

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #21149612 - 01/20/15 12:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SoupSandwich said:
My personal pet theory is that:

A) Because, as we all are taught, White People are Evil.
B) They enslaved their own people.
C) Allowing some elites to have the idle time to think up Industrialization, etc.

I don't know where you were educated, but I certainly wasn't taught these things.

Quote:

SoupSandwich said:
:lolsy: The Guardian!

It's one of the most respected and most read newspapers in the world.

Quote:

SoupSandwich said:
OhhhHhh, the Big, Bad, Scaaary USA!

Shouldn't you be starring in an episode of Portlandia or something?

What does Portlandia have to do with the discussion?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale