Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #21120955 - 01/14/15 03:28 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
:lolsy:

you get so angry. I'm assuming "piss" and it's variants are you newly won insults courtesy of incessant flaming negotiations.

Either way, those stats you posted don't even come close to proving your point, which is that black people act more assholish around police. Committing more crimes isn't the end all be all, especially since whites outnumber blacks 5 to 1.

"Committing more crimes isn't the end all be all"

Essentially it is, because of the types of crimes they are committing, like pointing a gun at a cop.

Are you suggesting that the cops use of force that resulted in the killings weren't justified?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: qman] * 1
    #21121087 - 01/14/15 03:54 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

you get so angry. I'm assuming "piss" and it's variants are you newly won insults courtesy of incessant flaming negotiations.

Either way, those stats you posted don't even come close to proving your point, which is that black people act more assholish around police. Committing more crimes isn't the end all be all, especially since whites outnumber blacks 5 to 1.

Essentially it is, because of the types of crimes they are committing, like pointing a gun at a cop.

Are you suggesting that the cops use of force that resulted in the killings weren't justified?

I'm saying cops are more likely to shoot blacks, because they are.

And no, it isn't. There are differences between violent and nonviolent crime, a difference between turning yourself in and being arrested, between resisting and not, between being stopped on the street versus in a car.....

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21121102 - 01/14/15 03:56 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It says that Michael Brown should have been shot

Zappa made two good posts in a row. How 'bout dat?

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #21121152 - 01/14/15 04:08 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

So what?  Are they not justifiable shootings?

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: qman] * 1
    #21121178 - 01/14/15 04:13 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Most of them probably are, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the police's propensity to shoot people based on race.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#21121253 - 01/14/15 04:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Most of them probably are, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the police's propensity to shoot people based on race.

If the shootings are justifiable because the safety of the officer was at risk, then you are suggesting that  shooting more white people is rational behavior because the cops are not recognizing the danger they face, but that theory doesn't make any sense because cops aren't going to risk their own lifes regardless of race.

I going to give the cops the benefit of the doubt and say that they aren't shooting as many whites on a relative basis because they don't face the same number of dangerous situations as they do with blacks.

The cops "propensity" to shoot people is based on safety and commonsense, not race. I'm sorry that disappoints you.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #21121277 - 01/14/15 04:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

I believe somebody posted a study that proves that to be a complete lie.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21121470 - 01/14/15 05:16 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Cops are more likely to shoot violent criminals. Is that statement racist?

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21121708 - 01/14/15 06:13 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

And blacks are more likely to be violent criminals. Now it is :flowstone:

still not racist

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21121779 - 01/14/15 06:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Cops are more likely to shoot violent criminals who are black than ones that are white. That's racism.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21122045 - 01/14/15 07:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Fact not in evidence.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #21122125 - 01/14/15 07:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i just think it's interesting the the "study" actually picked up on any bias.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #21123800 - 01/15/15 05:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Cops are more likely to shoot violent criminals who are black than ones that are white. That's racism.

You have no way of demonstrating that it occurs for reasons of race.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #21123900 - 01/15/15 06:05 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

You have no way of demonstrating that it occurs for reasons of race.

No he does, and his evidence: "because they are"

Quote:

Ecsatic Said:

--------------------

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

#21123903 - 01/15/15 06:06 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Do you have any citation for this? Why am I wasting my time? Or course you don't.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: Webster10]
    #21124258 - 01/15/15 08:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Webster10 said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Do you have any citation for this? Why am I wasting my time? Or course you don't.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119060/michael-brown-studies-show-racial-bias-police-shootings

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/politics/kristoff-oreilly-police-shooting-numbers-fact-check/

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/10/10/3578877/black-teens-were-21-times-more-likely-to-be-shot-dead-by-the-cops-reported-deaths-suggest/

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/2014/12/05/st-paul-police-almost-twice-more-likely-fatally-shoot-black-males-white-counterparts

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Police-records-show-far-more-blacks-than-whites-shot-by-local-officers-280371252.html

Either way I think a_a makes a good point: The study that OP linked DOES indicate bias. So let's not pretend it's unthinkable.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21124649 - 01/15/15 11:22 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Not one of those things supports your statement

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #21125602 - 01/15/15 03:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Webster10 said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119060/michael-brown-studies-show-racial-bias-police-shootings

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/politics/kristoff-oreilly-police-shooting-numbers-fact-check/

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/10/10/3578877/black-teens-were-21-times-more-likely-to-be-shot-dead-by-the-cops-reported-deaths-suggest/

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/2014/12/05/st-paul-police-almost-twice-more-likely-fatally-shoot-black-males-white-counterparts

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Police-records-show-far-more-blacks-than-whites-shot-by-local-officers-280371252.html

Either way I think a_a makes a good point: The study that OP linked DOES indicate bias. So let's not pretend it's unthinkable.

So when asked for proof of your racism claim... you have none. That's what I thought. Did you even read your links?

Quote:

Police records show African Americans are more likely than whites to be shot by local police, but once officers fire their weapons at suspects, whites are more likely to be killed.

Quote:

In recent years, researchers have found that while some officers profile based on race during traffic stops and searches, they do not show racial bias when they open fire.

One study that tested reactions of officers in a lab found “officers generally do not show a biased pattern of shooting.” Another more in-depth study found “participants took longer to shoot black suspects than white or Hispanic suspects, and were more likely to fail to shoot armed black suspects than armed white or Hispanic suspects.”

So I ask again... got proof of the racism you claim?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #21125699 - 01/15/15 04:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Whites are more likely to be killed because they outnumber blacks 5 to 1.

Let's keep conveniently forgetting that.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21125746 - 01/15/15 04:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Do you realize that that kind of fucks the whole argument retards have made in regard to murder rates?  If murdered Negroes are murdered by Negroes 93% of the time but only make up 20% of the population does that not prove that Negroes are more murderous?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]