Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Does anyone know why PAL N64 games ran slower? [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #21007625 - 12/21/14 01:30 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nintendo makes games for their audience, I mean they used to have Silicon Knights
who made games like
MGS twin snakes
eternal darkness
and retro made
metroid prime
so...
what I beleived was that since the wii was behind in technology all of the publishers wanted to work on their graphics engines so they released shitty games for the wii and the online on that system was as simple as can be with only a few functions and a really cumbersome friend code system

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesolo dolo
The Atomic Punk
Male

Re: Does anyone know why PAL N64 games ran slower? [Re: Shroomism]
    #21007664 - 12/21/14 01:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thats pretty interesting, thats good theyre changing that aspect now all they need to do is make a better system cuz wii u is lammmmme
Haha pc is cool I just dont dig the controls and all my friends got ps3s so thats what I game:cool:

--------------------

If a man speaks his mind in a forest and a woman isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Offlinesolo dolo
The Atomic Punk
Male

Re: Does anyone know why PAL N64 games ran slower? [Re: Konyap]
    #21007671 - 12/21/14 01:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I think you hit it right on the mark

--------------------

If a man speaks his mind in a forest and a woman isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong?

OfflineKonyap

Re: Does anyone know why PAL N64 games ran slower? [Re: solo dolo]
    #21007675 - 12/21/14 01:44 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, unfortunately nintendo didn't recognize it til it was too late and their 100million user base went up in smoke as a large chunk of it was geared torwards wii sports and netflix

Offlinesolo dolo
The Atomic Punk
Male

#21007686 - 12/21/14 01:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I know people whp only use the wii for youtube and netflix haha and I used it for super smash brosn:thumbup:
Its sad tho cuz I grew up on nintendo games so I hope they make a comeback soon thatd be cool

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#21015994 - 12/23/14 09:07 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
http://www.diffen.com/difference/NTSC_vs_PAL

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/how-tos/buying-selling/the-difference-between-ntsc-and-pal.html

That didn't answer it, but thanks. I know what the difference is and I understand why it effected the consoles that run at a sufficiently fast frame rate to not display properly on PAL TVs, I just don't get why it effected the N64, which usually runs at 20FPS anyway as far as I know.

Also, the frame rate in that link is different to every other claim I've heard. I thought the SNES ran at 60fps on NTSC and 50 on PAL, both of which would exceed the frames displayable on each type of TV if the link is right.

I think the Rare games and others that were localised properly actually run slightly better on PAL, so it was definitely possible to do it without butchering the game.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#21016013 - 12/23/14 09:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Miyamoto actually released a statement recently, saying how they were sorry, they realize they failed to capture the hardcore gamers by catering to the casual market too much... which is what their original purpose was,, to capture the core gamers..and how they were going to focus much more on that in the future. Which is why you are now seeing titles like Bayonetta 2 on Wii U, and there will be more to come.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/27/miyamoto-says-nintendo-is-focused-on-core-rather-than-casual-gaming-market-now/
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-miyamoto-doesnt-want-to-make-games-for-p/1100-6421955/

But that's all irrelevant now.
PC > any console :yesnod:

Since the original Wii came out, they've been pushing it as a casual family fun box and it probably was a bit of a fuck up, since I really doubt many families actually sit around playing Wii Sports and it just makes it look like a shit console.

I just couldn't ever get into the swinging the controllers type stuff. Apparently on Zelda and a few others it's actually done really well, but I can't sit around waving a remote like a sword and not feel like a stupid bastard.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineKonyap

Re: Does anyone know why PAL N64 games ran slower? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #21016886 - 12/23/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It's actually pretty cool in that game it takes a few tries in the first boss fight to think "Oh wait.. I actually have to be good at this!"

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#21017114 - 12/23/14 01:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I may give it a go at some point. I only really played Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii. The two player is really fun, but having to shake the controls to roll is really irritating.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals