Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNobody_Special
Stranger

The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution
    #20970755 - 12/13/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Let me just begin by saying that I'm an absolute philosophical zombie. My friends say I'm too pessimistic but I'm just being real.
I don't believe in God, or the Illuminati or Capitalism.

What I do believe is that we are evolving into a super sentient species thanks to Science and Neil Degrasse Tyson :P The way we are living at the moment isn't sustainable. I think if we continue to evolve technologically we will become more aware of the entire universe and we might even become God. (I'm talking about in the astronomical blinking of an eye. Maybe in about 200,000,000 years time).

I think reality is defined by the awareness of people in the "moment".
I think that "moment" is a bit skewed to our brains because in society and especially on public transport people are so in fear of everything, that they have lost sense of reality (including myself). It's a bit like psychosis, crossing the line between real life and fantasy. People are so in fear of ISIS and their mortgages that they kind of forget "Hey I'm gonna die one day. That's real"

I love Russell for the work he is doing and that's why I made these new forums for like-minded non-conformists who believe freemasons are lovely people.

http://trewsforums.com

Please discuss your ideologies, I would like to hear them from you sexy intelligent beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: Nobody_Special]
    #20970972 - 12/13/14 11:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

This thread might find better discussion in the Philosophy forum and it's worth moving it imo. :satansmoking:

Quote:

What I do believe is that we are evolving into a super sentient species thanks to Science and Neil Degrasse Tyson

There have always been small minority that see the world the way you do.  I don't think that's going to constitute a super sentient awakened species.  IMO it's just not going to happen. :nono:

Btw, I certainly wouldn't mind a majority of humans like Neil.  He seems to be a lovely human.  I find that to be exceedingly rare.  But hey I don't know how he is at home with friends and family so who knows.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNobody_Special
Stranger

Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: Icelander]
    #20971127 - 12/13/14 12:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I am Neil Degrasse Tyson and I can confirm that I am an absolute tyrant at home. :smile:

Lol. I think we're all okay in 2014. It's just the big boys who are destroying this lovely planet. We have the infrastructure, we need a shift in ideology.

OfflineNobody_Special
Stranger

#20971143 - 12/13/14 12:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

The reason why I posted in the politics section is because we want to change politics. We want to take politics to the area outside of the box. In fact, what we want to reinforce is the idea that there is no box. As much as we want to change our internal worlds and become better humans through meditation, spirituality, mindfulness and psychedelics. We also want to change our external reality, we want to make this a better world and change things up.

It's more political than it is philosophical.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #20971157 - 12/13/14 12:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Tyson should stick to what he knows.  Russel Brand should stick to the ceiling like the wet peice of toilet paper his intellect is

--------------------

OfflineNobody_Special
Stranger

Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: zappaisgod]
    #20971167 - 12/13/14 12:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Dude. Russell Brand is a complete twat! And he acts that way because the working class of Britain are like that in the pubs on the weekend. He wants them to know he's representing them. (Who make up more than 50% of the population of Britain by the way).

So it's a class war. And Russell's message is simple. "We're all different. But we're all equal. Be nice. Treat others how you would like to be treated. Be tolerant. Let's make this a better place for future generations"

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20971708 - 12/13/14 03:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Tyson should stick to what he knows.

So his worst scientific mistake is to misquote Bush as saying "Our God is the God who named the stars" when if fact Bush actually said "The same Creator who names the stars also knows the names of the seven souls we mourn today" (referring to the crew of the Columbia).

I don't think it's a huge mistake, and it's certainly not one that discredits his scientific knowledge.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Russel Brand should stick to the ceiling like the wet peice of toilet paper his intellect is

His intellect may be ceiling high, much like Tyson's, but I don't think that's a reason for him to stop pointing out stupidity.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20971870 - 12/13/14 04:06 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Tyson should stick to what he knows.

So his worst scientific mistake is to misquote Bush as saying "Our God is the God who named the stars" when if fact Bush actually said "The same Creator who names the stars also knows the names of the seven souls we mourn today" (referring to the crew of the Columbia).

I don't think it's a huge mistake, and it's certainly not one that discredits his scientific knowledge.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Russel Brand should stick to the ceiling like the wet peice of toilet paper his intellect is

His intellect may be ceiling high, much like Tyson's, but I don't think that's a reason for him to stop pointing out stupidity.

Russel Brand is stupid and Tyson is an astrophysicist.  That is it.  If he says something about astrophysics I will listen.  Other than that?  I will treat him like I treat Noam Chomsky.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20971965 - 12/13/14 04:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Russel Brand is stupid

Whew!  Now there's an argument.  :rolleyes:  No examples; nothing more than a kindeegarten style "Russel's a poo-poo head".

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Tyson is an astrophysicist.  That is it.

That's not quite it.  He's a Harvard educated physicist, with a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia.  Few people are smart enough to get accepted into such programs.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20972000 - 12/13/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Russel Brand is stupid

Whew!  Now there's an argument.  :rolleyes:  No examples; nothing more than a kindeegarten style "Russel's a poo-poo head".

If you have one example of Russel Brand opining in any kind of intelligent manner about anything I would love to see it.  I have not as of yet. 
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Tyson is an astrophysicist.  That is it.

That's not quite it.  He's a Harvard educated physicist, with a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia.  Few people are smart enough to get accepted into such programs.

OK.  So anybody who has a credential from an Ivy is in your opinion de facto super smart.  Gotcha.  I have a stepson with a Chem E degree form Columbia and is pursuing a PhD in same at Penn.  Do you know what credibility in re politics, business or social policy that grants him, in either his or my eyes?

The worst president we ever had before this yutz was a physicist.  They should stick to their fields.  They get lost when they wander off their reservation.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20972178 - 12/13/14 05:31 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If you have one example of Russel Brand opining in any kind of intelligent manner about anything I would love to see it.  I have not as of yet. 

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20364954#20364954

Note - this includes comedy in addition to good points.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
OK.  So anybody who has a credential from an Ivy is in your opinion de facto super smart.

Not a guarantee, but it's highly likely statistically.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I have a stepson with a Chem E degree form Columbia and is pursuing a PhD in same at Penn.  Do you know what credibility in re politics, business or social policy that grants him, in either his or my eyes?

Do you think you have better political credentials than him?  :shrug:  I think intelligence is very important for politics.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The worst president we ever had before this yutz was a physicist.  They should stick to their fields.  They get lost when they wander off their reservation.

First of all, he's not the worse by any consensus rankings but your own.  So what degree do you think a president should have?

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#20972341 - 12/13/14 06:15 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think there really is any "controversy" with Neil deGrasse Tyson. The author of that piece really seemed to be grasping at straws, he started with a position and looked for evidence to back it up later. Honestly it just makes him look foolish. NdG has actually defended Republicans many times, yet for some reason everyone thinks he's some super leftist.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20972438 - 12/13/14 06:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20364954#20364954

Note - this includes comedy in addition to good points.

What good points?  Every single thing I have seen in print from him is incredibly stupid.  Jon Stewart is a smarmy cunt as well, playing to retards.  He is as substantial as a pigeon fart
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
OK.  So anybody who has a credential from an Ivy is in your opinion de facto super smart.

Not a guarantee, but it's highly likely statistically.

That is not my experience but that is fine.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I have a stepson with a Chem E degree form Columbia and is pursuing a PhD in same at Penn.  Do you know what credibility in re politics, business or social policy that grants him, in either his or my eyes?

Do you think you have better political credentials than him?  :shrug:  I think intelligence is very important for politics.

Do you have any idea what my IQ is?  Yes. I do think I have better political credentials than NdGT.  He is a fucking academic.  Opt out.  I'm a business man.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

First of all, he's not the worse by any consensus rankings but your own.  So what degree do you think a president should have?

Uh no, I am not alone in that assessment by a long shot.  No degree is necessary but I would say business.  They don't call it the Executive Branch for nothing

Romney got an MBA and JD at the same time from Harvard.  Obama got an affirmative action appointment to the law review where he did absolutely nothing, which was unprecedented.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: psyconaught]
    #20972444 - 12/13/14 06:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
I don't think there really is any "controversy" with Neil deGrasse Tyson. The author of that piece really seemed to be grasping at straws, he started with a position and looked for evidence to back it up later. Honestly it just makes him look foolish. NdG has actually defended Republicans many times, yet for some reason everyone thinks he's some super leftist.

If he stays home he will be fine.  If he Grubers he will not.  This is the problem with worshiping these people.  They have their fields.  It dies not necessarily translate.

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#20972539 - 12/13/14 07:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

psyconaught said:

If he stays home he will be fine.  If he Grubers he will not.  This is the problem with worshiping these people.  They have their fields.  It dies not necessarily translate.

i have no problem with experts straying from their field, as long as people realize they aren't in their field anymore. I think NDT has a brilliant mind and i value his opinions, but they're just that, opinions.

And the author of that piece does an absolutely horrible job relaying that, he relies on buzzwords like "cult" to drive home a point he's trying to make which would be better served with actual evidence instead of accusations.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: The Trews (True News) - Russell Brand's Revolution [Re: psyconaught]
    #20972556 - 12/13/14 07:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Russel brand is a doofus.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20973228 - 12/13/14 09:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I do think I have better political credentials than NdGT.  He is a fucking academic.  Opt out.  I'm a business man.

If he's at Columbia, he is extremely bright.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Uh no, I am not alone in that assessment by a long shot.

I didn't say you were alone.  I said it wasn't a consensus ranking.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Romney got an MBA and JD at the same time from Harvard.  Obama got an affirmative action appointment to the law review where he did absolutely nothing, which was unprecedented.

And Romney is a smart, successful guy.  But his platform was to help the rich, including himself.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #20973708 - 12/14/14 01:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
:shrug:  I think intelligence is very important for politics.

:grin: You couldn't prove that point with the clowns that have been running the show in Washington the last 40 years or so.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20975658 - 12/14/14 02:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I do think I have better political credentials than NdGT.  He is a fucking academic.  Opt out.  I'm a business man.

If he's at Columbia, he is extremely bright.

As far as I can tell he is an idiot savant and if he is at Columbia his politics are polluted with intellectual sewage.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Uh no, I am not alone in that assessment by a long shot.

I didn't say you were alone.  I said it wasn't a consensus ranking.

Fine.  Whatever that means.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

And Romney is a smart, successful guy.  But his platform was to help the rich, including himself.

No it wasn't.  And he certainly couldn't possibly have expanded the wealth gap more than Obama has.

--------------------

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost
    #20978184 - 12/15/14 05:39 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Russell Brand should just stick to what he does as a living and keep
quiet about politics!
Clearly, he is unqualified to have any kind of opinion.

Me, on the other hand...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder