Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: stareatclouds]
    #20993436 - 12/18/14 10:21 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

stareatclouds said:
How can you even tell which lid design is best for GE? That seems like something impossible to definitively measure.

This and what effect does it actually have on colonization?? I guess I don't see the advantage of drilling 2 more holes per lid than I have to.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #20993479 - 12/18/14 10:34 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
Quote:

stareatclouds said:
How can you even tell which lid design is best for GE? That seems like something impossible to definitively measure.

This and what effect does it actually have on colonization?? I guess I don't see the advantage of drilling 2 more holes per lid than I have to.

I am looking into GE during colonization times. I havnt seen to many threads that talk about it. Like, do I even need GE if I have air in a container? I think this all depends on the amount of spawn medium that is being grown and the type of inoculation method being used. about to run some mini BRF dishes (like agar) using MS to play with this.

Edited by blackdust (12/18/14 10:35 AM)

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: blackdust]
    #20993536 - 12/18/14 10:49 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blackdust said:
Quote:

FreeWorldOrder said:
Quote:

blackdust said:
Yeah, agar is cool. Just saying that I dont need it to get full canopy flushes. Agar is amazing though with playing with how mycelium reacts, isolating, cleaning up dirty spores/fruits, long term storage, experiments, etc/

May not need it to grow mushrooms, but it sure is nice to get all large shrooms with known potency, etc.

I think anyone who is fairly serious about the hobby is going to be interested in agar work. Why wouldn't they want to KNOW exactly how their mushrooms are going to turn out?

Dude, come on. Read the fucking 9er tek and stop telling me I need agar to get all large shrooms with known potency, etc. I have done agar and still do. I just don;t like people running around telling people how agar is needed for getting good, big fruits.

:kingcrankey:

Okay... you know it all king. I guess everyone on here who has grown for years has got it all wrong then. You are one weird dude. Half of what you post is either dead wrong or mis-information. I've looked at your threads and I believe you post that crap just so you can troll and argue with people. It seems no matter what someone posts you always come back and say they are wrong, even when they are right. People are trying to help others by contributing useful information. Not picking apart every post that gets made. Now I see why you have such a high post count....geez. Eventually the mods are going to sick of this crap. Just sayin'....meh...

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

Edited by FreeWorldOrder (12/18/14 11:06 AM)

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: FreeWorldOrder]
    #20993635 - 12/18/14 11:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

wow. just trying to learn to. I don't know that much. I have also been a member for 5 years. I just put in for the ban lotto so I will prob be banned x-mas week.

---
People on here just have preferences (good and bad). After coming back on here after a couple years I was very surprised to see how this community has changed. Trust me bro, the cult forums havnt always been nazi's. We used to think out of the box at one point in time. Get this, everybody is scared as fuck to post experiments on here b/c of the communities back lash. Seems like nobody can think for them selves anymore. It's all he said she said bullshit. Oh, lets quote so and so cause he is smart/ Nah, fuck that dude. I have seen threads of highly looked up to TC's that have told people that such and such is trash then later in the thread the dude grow some nice fruits.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20994643 - 12/18/14 03:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Actually blackdust, you are the one that needs to learn to read. FreeWorldOrder didn't say you "need agar". He actually said "you may not need". Once again, you are the one getting bent out of shape for nothing. Stop trolling.

If you are here to learn, then pay attention and stop posting garbage and starting shit.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20994721 - 12/18/14 03:23 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Inovation is fine. I have no problem with it. I personally have a certain measure of risk that i am willing to take, so I always push that. Other's maybe have better luck. But dust your "experiments" of late have all been forgone conclusions. Its hard not to :lmafo:

Where's the Nazis?  :paranoid:

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #20994740 - 12/18/14 03:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

We're Nazi's because we predict what's going to happen, and then it happens. He doesn't know the difference between being open minded and being mindless.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Edited by SpitballJedi (12/18/14 03:28 PM)

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: SpitballJedi] * 1
    #20994756 - 12/18/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: azur] * 1
    #20994765 - 12/18/14 03:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The partially colonized unsterilized stone?
*winds up*

Meh, I know people gonna do what they want. But sometimes nrw growers gonna post stuff on growing on dog poo or crayons, etc and how do you not facepalm that?

Edited by Pastywhyte (12/18/14 03:47 PM)

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
    #20994769 - 12/18/14 03:36 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:lmafo:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

#20998979 - 12/19/14 01:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
We're Nazi's because we predict what's going to happen, and then it happens. He doesn't know the difference between being open minded and being mindless.

at one time this place was different. At least in my eyes. Hell, when even used to be able to have contests and giveaways in the cult forum. I personally have held several of them and gave away prints and supplies. This place will change again in time.

Here is what the cult looked like 5 years ago. Was pretty bad ass.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11674341#11674341

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11910552

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11896841#11896841

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11932626#11932626

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12240867#12240867

Yeah. Im a noob and havnt done anything mushroom related, ever. :rofl2:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20999175 - 12/19/14 02:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:smbfacepalm:

So tell me dust what will it take for me to no longer be a nazi? Do I need to start recommending open air g2g and agar? Half colonized brf slurry to unsterilized grains? I don't recommend anything I can't do myself. Sorry if that makes me a hater or whatever. FYI there have been lots of epic grows in the last few years, Frank did a bunch, and crons $50 adventure shows how a boss can grow with no cash and no PC. Now thats fucking epic. Psilosymon. . . Epic. Stonesun. . . Epic. CaptainFuture. . . Epic. Your moldy bacterial sprouts tub? Meh. . . I'm pretty sure your less concerned with growing mushrooms and more concerned with trolling :shrug:

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20999200 - 12/19/14 02:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly.

If you're going to tell someone to learn to fucking read, then you need to take your own advice.

And Blackdust, that post has nothing to do with anything either, just off-topic nonsense. Sorry you don't think it's as cool as it used to be, but I think it's awesome.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #21000109 - 12/19/14 06:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
Exactly.

If you're going to tell someone to learn to fucking read, then you need to take your own advice.

And Blackdust, that post has nothing to do with anything either, just off-topic nonsense. Sorry you don't think it's as cool as it used to be, but I think it's awesome.

:whathesaid:
the complainers are always the worst workers. :shrug: everyone I have worked with that hated their job also sucked dick at their job. moral of the story, he who bitches the most sucks.

Edited by Trusted cuItivator (12/19/14 06:41 PM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24174245 - 03/19/17 09:13 AM (7 years, 11 days ago)

You could put a SHIP on these lids if so desired.

Only reason I didn't is because these are 70mm lids.  LC generally uses the 90mm (wide mouth) lids.

These lids are reserved exclusively for agar to grain, or grain to grain transfers in front of a flowhood.

If you don't have a flowhood, or are innoculating in open air the utilization of SHIPs would be suggested.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleboom boom

#25132570 - 04/12/18 07:00 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the tek is still relevant.

I've decided I'm going to roll with these and make a bunch of them. Two questions.

1. I found a place that manufactures 29mm (an inch and some change) sfd's so I'm going to use those. Using the larger disk, how can I best utilize gas exchange? Stick with 3 5/64ths holes still? Maybe spread them farther apart or drill more of them? I'd like to keep the same diameter hole to keep oats off of the filter.

2. I've tried searching and and gotten recommendations, but what is the best quality plastic lid? Some people on the forums have suggested "autoclaveable" lids from mushroom supply places, but I've had no problems as far as temperature or warping go. I've been using the normal plastic ball jar lids. They function great, they just feel kinda flimsy. The sidewalls are really bendy. I unscrew the lids a bit before I pressure cook, so they're probably not getting much vacuum pressure, but I still don't trust the life on them. Are there any standard ball lid jars that can hold up in a pc and are really durable? If I'm gonna spend the time modifying all the lids, I'd like them to last, and the lid is going to fail before the filter does.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: boom boom]
    #25132606 - 04/12/18 07:25 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Spreading holes further apart is actually better for exchange of gases than having them closer together.  Also, a couple of extra holes won't hurt anything either.  A few extra holes will allot for increased gas exchange should you decide to use half gallon jars.

Best is subjective.  Ball works great.  I even have a few of those Mainstay brand plastic lids in rotation that have been kicking hard for 7 years.  My personal favorites are those lids that come from fungiperfecti.  Furthermore, there's no need to partially unscrew lids when lids are modded with gas exchange filters.

--------------------

Invisibleboom boom

#25189421 - 05/07/18 10:57 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm liking the fungi perfecti lids. They seem a lot more rigid and they're easier to grip. Thanks for the recommendation ham.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Simple And Effective Lid Tek. [Re: boom boom]
    #25190554 - 05/07/18 09:22 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If you notice the tops of the lids they have a slight ridgidy, and bumpy surface.  That surface of those lids make it so when adhering SFD with silicone it's not necassary to scuff the surface with sandpaper.

--------------------

Invisibleboom boom

#25190565 - 05/07/18 09:28 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Nice. You caught me before I started modding them. That'll save me some time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck