Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine
    #20897804 - 11/27/14 05:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

---

Two British tourists found dead after snorting 'white heroin' which had been sold to them as cocaine in Amsterdam.

---

Two British tourists have died in the Netherlands after snorting what is believed to have been white heroin that was sold to them as cocaine.

The men aged 20 and 21 were found dead in an Amsterdam hotel room after taking a deadly batch of drugs just days after Dutch police stopped issuing warnings to holidaymakers.

The Foreign Office is liaising with Dutch authorities and is 'providing consular assistance to the family', a spokesman said.

One British visitor has died and 14 other tourists - mainly from the UK – have been taken ill in recent weeks after snorting white heroin which is being sold as cocaine.

Police spokesman Rob van der Veen said the bodies of the two men, both from England, were found next to traces of a white powder.

The men's names have not yet been released by officials.

A post-mortem examination is due to be conducted later this week to confirm the time and cause of their deaths.

'We did a quick test to find out what kind of powder it was. It wasn't cocaine, it was an opiate - in this case, white heroin,' Mr van der Veen said.

'We took the sample to the Dutch forensic institute and they found out that the contents of this material is the same contents as other material that we already seized in other cases where people got sick.'

He said investigators believe the men were targeted by the same street dealer, or ring of dealers, involved in the death of another Briton last month.

Amsterdam police had launched a major public alert targeted at visitors from Britain, many of whom view taking drugs as a big part of the city’s attraction, including English-language matrix-style signs reading: ‘Extremely dangerous cocaine is sold to tourists.’

But after no cases for more than a fortnight, the authorities ended the alert at the weekend – meaning the two Britons found dead in their hotel room on Tuesday after apparently snorting the drug may have been unaware of the warning.

Police in the city have now urgently resumed their awareness campaign, putting up posters in hotels and hostels and handing out fliers.

There have been at least 14 other cases, although until this week’s tragedy all were found in the street, meaning passers-by were able to raise the alarm.

Police blame a rogue dealer who is selling white heroin – regarded as a ‘luxury’ version of the drug, which is normally brown-tinged – as cocaine to unsuspecting English-speaking visitors.

No arrests have been made, but they believe the dealer is unaware as he is selling at cocaine prices, rather than white heroin which is more expensive.

The double tragedy comes a month after a 22-year-old British tourst died after apparently taking cocaine and heroin on a trip to Amsterdam.

Joel McDevitt was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the city, but discharged himself before he was treated.

Officers found him nearby and took him to a police station, where he had to be resuscitated.
He was then taken back to hospital, but later died.

Mr van der Veen added: ‘The last such incident was two-and-a-half weeks ago, so we hoped he was through the merchandise and stopped the alerts at the weekend.

‘The other cases were people found in the street, but unfortunately these men were staying in a hotel so nobody was aware of what had happened until staff found their bodies.’

Leaflets handed out to visitors since last month at main squares and Amsterdam's Centraal railway station warn: ‘The last couple of weeks several tourists were hospitalized with severe health problems after using cocaine bought on the street.

‘Research has revealed that the cocaine used was not cocaine but white heroin.’

They add that in Amsterdam ‘you won't be arrested for taking drugs’.

A UN report named Amsterdam and Antwerp as Europe’s top cities for cocaine use based on analysis of urine in sewage, the equivalent to 1.5 grams per day per 1,000 people.

---

source article: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2850531/Two-British-tourists-dead-snorting-white-heroin-sold-cocaine-Amsterdam.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
me gusta
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: GoldenEye]
    #20897810 - 11/27/14 05:33 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

No fing way

--------------------
Signature this, ho

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: SleepAid]
    #20897815 - 11/27/14 05:35 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Weird story huh, but 14 cases so far :shocked: The signs are all over town and the story is all over the Dutch news as well. Odd...

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: GoldenEye]
    #20897962 - 11/27/14 06:25 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, first thing I thought was Pulp Fiction.....A lesson to be learned for any drug user.

Offlineinnerspeaker1967
Iced cooly beatnik
Male User Gallery

Loc: AUS Flag
    #20898343 - 11/27/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

really pure H or RCs

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: innerspeaker1967]
    #20898597 - 11/27/14 09:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

why it wasn't sold as just white heroin to begin with? They wouldn't have snorted that if they knew what it was.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: CLIT]
    #20899461 - 11/28/14 06:22 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CLIT said:
why it wasn't sold as just white heroin to begin with? They wouldn't have snorted that if they knew what it was.

Probably an enterprising dealer in such a rush to serve his tourist customers that he grabbed the wrong bag. An easy mistake to make. Or a scumbag who robbed someone of their stash and sold it as coke not knowing or caring what it rreally is.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #20899476 - 11/28/14 06:32 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It happened 14 times already. This is not just grabbing the wrong baggie... And those 14 were people seeking medical attention or dying. There must be a lot more even.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #20899486 - 11/28/14 06:39 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GoldenEye said:
It happened 14 times already. This is not just grabbing the wrong baggie... And those 14 were people seeking medical attention or dying. There must be a lot more even.

A dealer could serve way more than 14 in a night. If he broke down a bag of heroin thinkng it was coke that's all it would take to sicken dozens.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #20899493 - 11/28/14 06:42 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There is weeks in between though... I dont think tourists will hang on to their purchase for over a week before diving in. It would be the most logical explanation but it still doesn't quite add up for me.

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
    #20899813 - 11/28/14 09:54 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe somewhere moderately high up in the distribution chain somebody found or stole a brick of white powder, split it up and sold it to some lower level dealers as coke?  It might have been sold cheap (for apparent coke) and quickly distributed widely.  Perhaps there were a few dealers who don't try or test their products.  It could take a little while to realize what you had.  I mean you wouldn't know until you or someone else railed a coke sized line, at which point there'd be one more victim.

The doses are pretty different for the two drugs.  What would seem like a small test bump of coke could certainly be enough smack to kill some folks, especially if it was high purity, pure white power and you had no tolerance.  Even the old wet finger dip and lick to check for coke's local anasthesia could pick up a dangerous amount of high purity H.

--------------------
I only use drugs medicinally.  If I don't my knees hurt from kneeling down.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: AllGreyThumbs]
    #20899844 - 11/28/14 10:04 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It's probably the same person or group of persons. I'm guessing they probably don't care since they're tourists they'll never see again and sold them heroin since they didn't have coke at the time. :shrug:

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: D.M.T]
    #20899878 - 11/28/14 10:16 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

As people have mentioned is it even heroin? I'm sure white heroin has a smell to it. Anyone think it is something like a fent analog? It would explain how people are so easily dieing from railing this stuff.

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: D.M.T]
    #20900013 - 11/28/14 11:03 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
It's probably the same person or group of persons. I'm guessing they probably don't care since they're tourists they'll never see again and sold them heroin since they didn't have coke at the time. :shrug:

Then why not sell them filler, or caffeine, or any way cut down stimulant.  Heroin has to be worth way, way, way more by weight than coke.  It just doesn't make economic sense to sell gram type weights of high quality smack at cocaine prices.  It has to be a mistake.

Even if they tried to cut it down to where you might do coke amounts of powder then it should be cut enough that people aren't dropping dead before they realize it's different than coke.

I can't see how any dealer would do this intentionally, which leads me to believe that a decent sized amount got mixed up or stolen and put into the supply chain.  Some intentionally uninformed worker paid to help move weight from the Far East to Europe runs off with a brick of some drug, and doesn't even know what it is...

--------------------
I only use drugs medicinally.  If I don't my knees hurt from kneeling down.

Invisiblerefried

Re: Two men found dead after snorting 'white heroin' sold as cocaine [Re: AllGreyThumbs]
    #20900056 - 11/28/14 11:19 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I write K with a sharpie on my bags so I would never confuse the K for coke or meth or any other similar substance.  Last night I was trying to calm down from a fucked up stim high and couldn't remember how much xanax I took amongst a myriad of other potentially harmful rx meds.  Shit like this can and will happen.  Taste test at the least, hopefully a test kit and this could have been avoided.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20900058 - 11/28/14 11:20 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Heroin and cocaine are both cheaper in Europe and cut to shit much more than in the US. Both are roughly $20-30 USD a gram if I recall correct.

My speculation is these were street dealers in the Red Light District who had the shit weighed out already in their trenchcoat. So just meeting these people in the street for that moment. People who asked for heroin got just that, and people who asked for coke were just out of luck.

Customers in these instances want it right then and there so it's not like they could have planned it. They would have lost the customer to another dealer if they had to go back home, get some other shit, and come back.

The article also says they sent it to a forensic lab so I'm sure they identified it as heroin through testing.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20900063 - 11/28/14 11:22 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

but that's just an alternative theory to the one that it could have just been a stolen / mixed up batch or something along those lines

OfflineSynapse Trap
Eating God's Holy Cannabis Plant
 User Gallery

#20902892 - 11/28/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know of a single time in life that I did not taste the cocaine first..

neither of these dudes? wow.. tragic, and ridiculous all at the same time.

--------------------
Synapse Trap

:flyhigh:

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #20902990 - 11/29/14 12:09 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

maybe the report isn't accurate? around my town people think they are injecting heroin but it's likely fentanyl and or oxycodone.

Maybe the street chemist who made the batch didn't really know how to make it right and it was all toxic chemical powders?

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
    #20904399 - 11/29/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Heroin and cocaine are both cheaper in Europe and cut to shit much more than in the US. Both are roughly $20-30 USD a gram if I recall correct.

Your recollection is wildly inaccurate.. Heroin is 4-5 times that amount and decent coke is well over £100USD a gram.

It depends what you mean by Europe though, I'm sure the Czech Republic eastward is cheaper, but Western Europe is nowhere near that cheap.

:themoreyouknow:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale