Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: 2D RPGs for the SNES, anyone? [Re: Konyap]
    #20864582 - 11/20/14 09:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Illyabo said:
Gay

Yeah,I never did like that game,but you asked for it:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: 2D RPGs for the SNES, anyone? [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20868296 - 11/20/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think you took that the wrong way:confused:

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #20868770 - 11/21/14 01:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kactus.brand.g said:
Now,you're talking my language!
This is my favorite genre of games I like to play:biggrin:
Here is my top list!

NES

Those are some of my favorites:thumbup::thumbup:
I'll get back to you on the super nes:stoned:

What a nasty list of games, I've beat everyone of 'em except Legacy of The Wizard, which I haven't even heard of...

Ever play Black Tiger? Was an arcade game I pumped quarters to play as a kid..

Can play w/ MAME

I still remember having to submerge that letter that came packaged with the game into water for the code in star tropics, fuckin' ingenious :lol:

wait, i lied, i was thinking of teenage mutant ninja turtles 2, the arcade beat em up game

holy fucking shit teenage mutant ninja turtles one was hard.... i made it to the end once and was mutated by shredder into a little turtle.... i think i threw my control and stormed off mad ears beet red in a fit of rage :lol:

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Edited by CosmicJoke (11/21/14 01:59 AM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: 2D RPGs for the SNES, anyone? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #20868794 - 11/21/14 02:01 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

this game was fun as fuck for snes

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Edited by CosmicJoke (11/21/14 09:45 PM)

Offlineblojo02184
Big Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine
    #20869171 - 11/21/14 07:21 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

wonder boy in monster world is a good one.
Mario rpg is awesome.
chrono trigger was fantastic.

I say it's a tie between chronolo trigger and Mario rpg

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20869382 - 11/21/14 08:31 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Illyabo said:
I think you took that the wrong way:confused:

What were you talking about then?

What a nasty list of games, I've beat everyone of 'em except Legacy of The Wizard, which I haven't even heard of...

Ever play Black Tiger? Was an arcade game I pumped quarters to play as a kid..

Can play w/ MAME

I still remember having to submerge that letter that came packaged with the game into water for the code in star tropics, fuckin' ingenious :lol:

wait, i lied, i was thinking of teenage mutant ninja turtles 2, the arcade beat em up game

holy fucking shit teenage mutant ninja turtles one was hard.... i made it to the end once and was mutated by shredder into a little turtle.... i think i threw my control and stormed off mad ears beet red in a fit of rage :lol:

Yep,got Black Tiger too:thumbup:
I have absolutely every single old console,and arcade game ever made,and yes,that TMNT one was hard as hell,but alas,I finally beat shredder!
I don't remember that submerging in water for the code thing though.

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:

this game was fun as fuck for snes

blargh, not 2d, i blame that dude who listed a bunch of squaresoft games

(actually many in this thread haven't been :ohwell:

I was going to add that one,but that one I didn't like nearly as much as the Genesis version!

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #20871287 - 11/21/14 04:24 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Legacy of the Wizard is like metroid confusing I was never able to beat that one, it's kinda hard too.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: 2D RPGs for the SNES, anyone? [Re: Konyap]
    #20872611 - 11/21/14 09:34 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Illyabo said:
Legacy of the Wizard is like metroid confusing I was never able to beat that one, it's kinda hard too.

Metroid I beat,and beat,and beat again:biggrin:
Legacy of the Wizard I never did beat.
Maybe I'll dive into the old ROM collection,and try again:muahaha:

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20872699 - 11/21/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I have absolutely every single old console,and arcade game ever made,and yes,that TMNT one was hard as hell,but alas,I finally beat shredder!

Yah, I was maybe 9yo when I played the TMNT game :shrug: I dunno if I'd be better or worse at it now :lol: Maybe I'll try again..

As for Star Tropics: Included with the game was a letter on parchment paper, written by Mike's uncle, Dr. Jones, requesting that Mike visit him at his laboratory on C-Island, thus setting up the initial plot of the game. However, the letter also served a second, more interactive purpose. In the course of events, Mike receives an enigmatic message from his uncle that refers to the original letter:

"Evil aliens from a distant planet...." "Tell Mike to dip my letter in water...."

So in real life, you had to submerge this letter that came packaged with the game to reveal the passcode: 747 to progress further. :lol:

~

I likely have every ROM up through n64 and classic arcade games, downloaded a 7gb torrent a few years ago, has virtually everything you can imagine...

~
Not sure I played the genesis version... I liked the game Strider for genesis quite a bit, there's a new version made in 2014 that is quite fun too.

--------------------

Edited by CosmicJoke (11/22/14 04:11 AM)

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20877301 - 11/22/14 10:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
Quote:

Yah, I was maybe 9yo when I played the TMNT game :shrug: I dunno if I'd be better or worse at it now :lol: Maybe I'll try again..

As for Star Tropics: Included with the game was a letter on parchment paper, written by Mike's uncle, Dr. Jones, requesting that Mike visit him at his laboratory on C-Island, thus setting up the initial plot of the game. However, the letter also served a second, more interactive purpose. In the course of events, Mike receives an enigmatic message from his uncle that refers to the original letter:

"Evil aliens from a distant planet...." "Tell Mike to dip my letter in water...."

So in real life, you had to submerge this letter that came packaged with the game to reveal the passcode: 747 to progress further. :lol:

~

I likely have every ROM up through n64 and classic arcade games, downloaded a 7gb torrent a few years ago, has virtually everything you can imagine...

~
Not sure I played the genesis version... I liked the game Strider for genesis quite a bit, there's a new version made in 2014 that is quite fun too.

Yeah,I was 12 when TMNT came out,so yeah,that's when I first got it:biggrin:
I don't think I beat it until I discovered emulators on the PC though:lol:
That's pretty cool about the Start tropics,I definitely never saw that though.My game was used,and had no dust sleeve booklet or anything.
I also have all the emulators and roms.
have you gotten the psp one yet?
Strider was fun for the genesis,but the new ones were missing something to me:shrug:
Try out that genesis version of ShdowRun,it's awesome!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20877711 - 11/23/14 01:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There were plenty of old school games that haunt me to this day.... E.T. for Atari (mind you I was like 3yo)  W.T.F.  and Ghosts and Goblins on any system, Jesus Fucking Christ.... so hardcore..

I have a soft modded PSP, you say Star Tropics exists for it? I snagged one for like $30 to have a handheld that played back FF7-FF9 perfectly :rockon:

Will give ShadowRun for Genesis a go about soonish.

--------------------

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20878605 - 11/23/14 10:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

ET is the single worst game of all time! Ghouls and Ghosts,and Ghost and Goblins were all the best no matter which system they were on:thumbup:
I meant a psp emulator for the PC,but yeah,I recently sold my modded psp with every Genesis NES and super NES game ever made on the memory card,why did I do this:shrug:
But yes,start tropics can be played on,and yeah check out Shadow Run for Sega,it's super:thumbup:

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#20882391 - 11/24/14 06:21 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kactus.brand.g said:
Actually 8 out of the 11 I Listed are sidescrollers,with rpg elements:biggrin:
I could have listed a ton more,but that was just a start:cool:
Here is my all time favorite for the Genesis!

Yeah, I know, I was talking to the guy who mentioned Chrono Trigger and such. You listed pretty much all the good ones out there I think, haha. Guess it was just way more of a NES thing.

King of Dragons has vaguely RPG type elements, but it's basically a brawler. Same with Magic Sword. I've been playing Dragonview on emulation and I keep wildly flipping between thinking it's great and thinking it's a piece of shit. Maybe just cause the world map is so terrible. Ys 3 is pretty good but it's ludicrously hard till you level up a bunch.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#20883355 - 11/24/14 12:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kactus.brand.g said:
ET is the single worst game of all time!

Ahem. Ride to Hell.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: 2D RPGs for the SNES, anyone? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #20884635 - 11/24/14 05:13 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllisDSox said:
Quote:

kactus.brand.g said:
Actually 8 out of the 11 I Listed are sidescrollers,with rpg elements:biggrin:
I could have listed a ton more,but that was just a start:cool:
Here is my all time favorite for the Genesis!

Yeah, I know, I was talking to the guy who mentioned Chrono Trigger and such. You listed pretty much all the good ones out there I think, haha. Guess it was just way more of a NES thing.

King of Dragons has vaguely RPG type elements, but it's basically a brawler. Same with Magic Sword. I've been playing Dragonview on emulation and I keep wildly flipping between thinking it's great and thinking it's a piece of shit. Maybe just cause the world map is so terrible. Ys 3 is pretty good but it's ludicrously hard till you level up a bunch.

Oh,my bad:lol:Ok,Dude,I've started a game of Dragonview at least 100 times,and I'm like this is such bad ass,and I'll play if for a while,then I'll totally be like,why the hell am I playing this game?
It's the freaking world map Dude!It's so ugly and totally gay!
Other than that,the sidescrolling is awesome!
Magic sword is actually fun,for the first 40 levels or so:lol:
Which Y's are you talking about?Wanderers from Y's?
If so,that has got to be the easiest one ever made"my opinion"and it can be beat in a few hours time!
Did you play the remake!!!

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#20884911 - 11/24/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I tried the SNES and NES versions. Once you're at like level 10 or something it's easy, but the initial part where you get torn to shreds in a couple of hits is savagely difficult.

Demon's Crest is absolutely great. No idea how it's so obscure, cause it's easily better than Super Ghouls and Ghosts and that sold millions of copies. I think the side scrolling RPG type thing was pretty much a NES thing and I was just getting hopeful looking for a bunch on the SNES. Seems to basically be Dragonview, Demon's Crest, Ys 3 and a couple others that are crap.

The SNES is a beast for RPGs and platformers, but the switch to overhead view for the RPGs was almost total. Let's all get sick as fuck at Star Ocean.

--------------------

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20887753 - 11/25/14 08:45 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllisDSox said:
I tried the SNES and NES versions. Once you're at like level 10 or something it's easy, but the initial part where you get torn to shreds in a couple of hits is savagely difficult.

Demon's Crest is absolutely great. No idea how it's so obscure, cause it's easily better than Super Ghouls and Ghosts and that sold millions of copies. I think the side scrolling RPG type thing was pretty much a NES thing and I was just getting hopeful looking for a bunch on the SNES. Seems to basically be Dragonview, Demon's Crest, Ys 3 and a couple others that are crap.

The SNES is a beast for RPGs and platformers, but the switch to overhead view for the RPGs was almost total. Let's all get sick as fuck at Star Ocean.

I see:biggrin:
I couldn't bare to play the NES,or Super NES versions,I played the PC Engine version,the absolute best of all,and the Genesis version.
Yeah,Demon's Crest is the shit,and did you know there are a couple out for the regular old NES,and Game Boy?
It's called Gargoyle's Quest.

They are the same playing style and,and the prequels to Demon's Crest:biggrin:
You should check em out!
Anyway,yeah,there is a total lack of side-scroller,action RPG's on the Super NES:sad: but wait!
I just thought about my favorite system of all time,which has an over abundance of RPG overhead and side-scrolling,not to mention the best Y's games on any system!
It's called the PC Engine,or Turbo Grafx 16,and is a RPG powerhouse!
They are known for having an overabundance of them.
You should download the emulator,and give it a try,Dungeon Explorer is another good action RPG game out for it,and one of my favorites as well:grin:

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#20894349 - 11/26/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'll do that. I always thought the Turbografx was meant to be shitty, but for some reason everyone has decided to badmouth every old console except for the NES, SNES and Megadrive.

I knew Gargoyle's Quest existed but I've never played any of them apart from Demon's Crest. It's a shame there aren't more like it. It works really nicely with SNES graphics.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

--------------------

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20894435 - 11/26/14 06:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllisDSox said:
I'll do that. I always thought the Turbografx was meant to be shitty, but for some reason everyone has decided to badmouth every old console except for the NES, SNES and Megadrive.

I knew Gargoyle's Quest existed but I've never played any of them apart from Demon's Crest. It's a shame there aren't more like it. It works really nicely with SNES graphics.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

It was pretty shitty,but the PC Engine"Turbo Duo" was where it was at!It was CD based and played the shitty HU cards as well!
It had full motion video,CD sound and music,and could be used as a regular CD player,pretty cool back in the 90's:lol:
I guess it was NEC's Sega CD:rofl:
I'm about to check out Gargoyles Quest,and see if it's still worth a play.I'll report back.............

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#20895789 - 11/27/14 04:35 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hold on, so there's the TurboGrafx16 and the SuperGrafx, then the TurboDuo is just a redesign of one of the other two? Old console stuff is so damn complicated.

I recently bought an NTSC SNES because the PAL ones suck hefty testes on every possible front. Luckily most of the games that are good enough to actually own are pretty cheap, but I've spent shameful amounts of money on certain others.

It's a shame how many games were Gameboy exclusives, because great as it was at the time, that black and white shit has not aged well.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies