Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male
Re: Morel sclerotia jars need pasteurization [Re: cali4088]
    #20882585 - 11/24/14 08:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Also a study showed that Trees release Alkoloids into the air during Forest Fires.  Whats the correlation with them and Mushrooms.  Do Mushrooms absorb them, Filter them?  Maybe the microbs absorb the alkoloid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male
Re: Morel sclerotia jars need pasteurization [Re: AcidHorse]
    #20882623 - 11/24/14 08:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

what is Oedodendron?

Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male
    #20883335 - 11/24/14 12:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

In your picture on your signature, you have freshmorels.com  The website doesnt work for me, what about you?

Invisibletheintern
the best
Male User Gallery

Loc: ThePlaceBeyondTheTrees
    #20883557 - 11/24/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Morel Sclerotia ?? Didn't know it existed. This is very exciting.

--------------------
MEDICALS.AGARIKONTURKEY TAIL(FORAGED) G.Riesinceum(FORAGED),Yellow Reishi,G.Lucidum G.Tsugae EDIBLES.Blue,Wellington,Gray,KING, Elm oyster,Lions Mane,Black Poplar,Almond Mushroom,Nameko,Enoki,Gold Enoki,Snow Cap,S75
Straw,Little Shiitake,Wood Blewitt,Brown Beach,Maitake,Shaggy Mane,Wine Cap,Crimini, Portobello.. what u got for trade

Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male
Re: Morel sclerotia jars need pasteurization [Re: theintern]
    #20884030 - 11/24/14 03:12 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ok So I am new to the mushroom world but would love to get my hands on some morel spores or a culture or two.  My co-worker has dried ones but he put those in a dehydrator so i doubt the spores are alive.  Freshmorel.com isnt coming up and I believe it has something to do with, THEY DONT HAVE ANY because they get them from the wild and they are out of seasonIMO.

I have some Chanterelle powder if someone wants to trade with me?  I have several ounces I can let go of.  let me know or PM Me.  Thanks!

Edited by cali4088 (11/24/14 03:23 PM)

Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male

#20884558 - 11/24/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Acid Horse, did you ever get identification of the tube plants that grew near Morels?

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20886247 - 11/24/14 09:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cali4088 said:
Hey Acid Horse, did you ever get identification of the tube plants that grew near Morels?

FreshMorels is a scam site. they were peddling "morel oil" and the pictures they had on their site were from Gary Mills' lab in Michigan where they had tours for the public.

--------------------
If you wanna ride, don't ride the white horse, if you wanna ride, ride the white pony

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20886256 - 11/24/14 09:54 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cali4088 said:

tube plants?

--------------------
If you wanna ride, don't ride the white horse, if you wanna ride, ride the white pony

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20886371 - 11/24/14 10:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cali4088 said:
I was reading last night on trees, carbon, the chemicals released etc.

Here is my take on it.

So during a forest fire oir drought, a decidious tree would send ABA to the seeds and buds to close up shop early.  These seeds in a forest fire would receive the ABA and most likely drop to the forest ground because of the fire.  If the Tree still survives, It sends existing ABA to the leaves to restrict their growth, drop them if any, form new buds if possible and prepare for winter.  The seeds that do drop might be GOLD to Morels because of the high concentration of ABA in them.

The only problem here is that droughts "normally" occur in the summer after buds and maple samara seeds have fallen. And there needs to be high temperatures like 95 deg ++
Quote:

Some trees may not drop any seeds, because they never started developing them the year prior when there could have been a drought.  This possibly could be the reason why morels grow in some areas, and some areas not even though they could be in the same area
Trees are primairly made of Carbon if my research is correct.

O.o

Quote:

Burnt trees release huge amounts of Carbon that fall to the ground from the tree above the ground.  this directly is dumped on the ground over the existing foliage.  Soon, all this carbon will find its way back up to the atmosphere as C02

Actually burnt trees drop a lot of Calcium carbonate, sodium carbonate. Look up the history of Sodium carbonate and how it ended up in rivers and women would wash clothing in the river and the clothing would be whiter.

Quote:

The trees that are dead underground have Carbon as well that will be released back into the atmosphere as C02, through the breaking down of carbon by microbs.  During this phase, within the first year, HUGE amounts of C02 will pass through the top layer soil, from root to ground level as decomposition occurs.  The Morels growth could be the result of a number of things.  The ABA from the seeds, layers of carbon or C02 on the top of them (ash) and on the bottom of them (decomposing tree root), Or possibly bushes that have seeds and can drop them in the same manner as trees in time of drought or fire.  Didnt you find some bushes that morels were growing around that had red seeds?

You need to know that Calcium carbonate in the substrate is essential for development of morel sclerotia.

--------------------

Edited by AcidHorse (11/24/14 10:19 PM)

Offlinecali4088
Master Learner Danielson
Male

#20888345 - 11/25/14 12:16 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

werent some morels growing on seeds of Rhizomes plants?

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20891624 - 11/26/14 12:45 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cali4088 said:
werent some morels growing on seeds of Rhizomes plants?

No

--------------------

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20908607 - 11/30/14 02:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

=\ I need to work on a 3DS model for morels.

--------------------

Edited by AcidHorse (11/30/14 03:44 PM)

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20985137 - 12/16/14 03:36 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-glucan

This is also found in fungal tissue along with chitin

Beta-glucan is a monomer which could combine with ABA to form a polymer.

ABA I think performs as something that is linked to fungal sexual pheromones. But it has a possibility that may play in the flexibility and brittleness of morel tissue.

--------------------

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20985155 - 12/16/14 03:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

In its pure, unmodified form, chitin is translucent, pliable, resilient, and quite tough. In most arthropods, however, it is often modified, occurring largely as a component of composite materials, such as in sclerotin, a tanned proteinaceous matrix, which forms much of the exoskeleton of insects. Combined with calcium carbonate, as in the shells of crustaceans and molluscs, chitin produces a much stronger composite. This composite material is much harder and stiffer than pure chitin, and is tougher and less brittle than pure calcium carbonate.[4] Another difference between pure and composite forms can be seen by comparing the flexible body wall of a caterpillar (mainly chitin) to the stiff, light elytron of a beetle (containing a large proportion of sclerotin).[5]

Interesting to see what Calcium carbonate does especially with us knowing what calcium carbonate does to morel spawn.

--------------------

OfflineAcidHorse
No Name No Slogan
Male User Gallery

#20985188 - 12/16/14 03:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

However chitin appears to apply to stiff, hardening, brittle but nothing really flexible like the stem of a morel so there must be something similar to a isoprenoid present as well. ABA derived polymer.

--------------------

OfflineFaenor
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20987737 - 12/17/14 01:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hi

Recently i began wiht an indoor morchella elata cultivation experiment

Does someone accomplished a succesful indoor fructification?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract