Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: imachavel]
    #20866856 - 11/20/14 05:51 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Losing sensation in your body while hallucinating? Sounds like they smoked ketamine, not ingested LSD. Either way, "losing sensation in your hand" doesn't sound like LSD

Well, listen to what one of the former members of the cult, Aum Shinrinkyo said about his LSD initiation. This is the cult that committed the sarin gas attacks in the subways in Japan.

How ironic...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineObservatory
Male

Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: s240779]
    #20866963 - 11/20/14 06:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

yup

--------------------
Look around you

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Observatory]
    #20867471 - 11/20/14 07:33 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Steaks could have been used to smuggle in LSD from abroad by hiding vials of crystal or very potent liquid inside them. Somehow in this case the vial wasn't removed or the steak swapped before reaching Walmart. The vial could have cracked inside the steak when cooked, releasing thousands of doses worth of LSD.

OfflineSynapse Trap
Eating God's Holy Cannabis Plant
 User Gallery

#20868663 - 11/21/14 12:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

imachavel said:
Losing sensation in your body while hallucinating? Sounds like they smoked ketamine, not ingested LSD. Either way, "losing sensation in your hand" doesn't sound like LSD

Well, listen to what one of the former members of the cult, Aum Shinrinkyo said about his LSD initiation. This is the cult that committed the sarin gas attacks in the subways in Japan.

How ironic...

I wonder if they made their LSD better than their Sarin gas.. The documentary claims, had Aum chemists purified the Sarin, instead of killing 12 people, it would have killed thousands.

PS: It said they consumed so much that they had to resort to producing their own.
Never heard of and L coming out of Japan

They (Aum) got shut down around the same timeframe as Pickard it seems

--------------------
Synapse Trap

:flyhigh:

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: roquet]
    #20869734 - 11/21/14 10:36 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

roquet said:
Steaks could have been used to smuggle in LSD from abroad by hiding vials of crystal or very potent liquid inside them. Somehow in this case the vial wasn't removed or the steak swapped before reaching Walmart. The vial could have cracked inside the steak when cooked, releasing thousands of doses worth of LSD.

I think that this is likely because it sounds like the meat would've had to have had a lot of LSD on to still have on the uncooked meat, and for so much to have survived cooking for a whole family.

OfflineSynapse Trap
 User Gallery

Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: XTCentral]
    #20869793 - 11/21/14 10:52 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XTCentral said:
Quote:

roquet said:

I think that this is likely because it sounds like the meat would've had to have had a lot of LSD on to still have on the uncooked meat, and for so much to have survived cooking for a whole family.

I don't even think it has to be all that..

Occam's razor says it is more likely that someone along the processing/shipping/stocking route tampered w/ it (syringe to the center w a few cc) this could have been the 17th trial, waiting for the right person who likes to eat their steak still mooing. My bro-in-law for example, likes it so rare that I can't even watch w/o losing my appetite and causing me to go vegan for a few days

Why is this not the most plausible scenario?
:shrug:

--------------------
Synapse Trap

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #20870024 - 11/21/14 11:36 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Occam's razor says the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one in most scenarios. Which is why I think this whole story is just completely bullshit, at best the family lsd spiked their own meat, and when they started freaking out to the point they needed breathing tubes inserted, they simply said "what, we ate the steak, and from there have no idea why we are balls face fucked up and losing sensations"

But to me the most simple scenario is still that this entire story is completely bullshit

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineSynapse Trap
 User Gallery

#20870040 - 11/21/14 11:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Easier to believe a pregnant woman willfully dosed LSD or that the hubby dosed her?

She ended up needing a c-section and delivering her baby premature.

They are a Latino family.. not your typical acid-culture.
If it was the fam where is the lawsuit?
If you say they got in over their head and yet had the wherewithal to taint meat to where they dont get implicated (is this even likely as a sober person?) and get everyone to agree on the story while undergoing full-on ego loss and being intubated.

:ohnowaitokay:

--------------------
Synapse Trap

Edited by Synapse Trap (11/21/14 11:50 AM)

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #20870585 - 11/21/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to answer one piece at a time

1) a pregnant woman willfully taking LSD? Boy.... I remember the last time I took LSD, the hits came in a bottle and on the bottle was a label that read "warning, ergotamines and biosynthetic chemicals extracted from ergot can trigger uterine contractions and cause premature birth." Boy, I sure am glad people in this country are so educated on just exactly what lysergic acid diethylamide actually is :rolleyes:

2) a Latino family is not your average acid taking culture people? I live in Miami dude. I'm pretty sure MOST of the people I've taken LSD with are Latino. Nice try

3) last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST. Why isn't the family suing? Good question, why aren't they suing? They were all dosed with LSD beyond their control, and the mother needed a c section to give premature birth? No lawsuits? No persecutions? Requested investigations? Nothing? Why not? Well, that sure seems normal. I'm sure they have nothing to hide. Maybe you can explain that one to me, what a good question.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
    #20870915 - 11/21/14 03:05 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

If anything, couldn't it have been a case of the cow eating either morning glories or ergot-infected grasses or infected grains for a long enough period of time that ergot would have built up in the meat? Not for nothing, but clean acid is typically minus a heavy body load. LSA, however, tends to give the user a body load (stiff/tingling/numb digits, digestive issues, and even body aches and chills). Either way, this article is dripping with sensationalist crap.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #20870942 - 11/21/14 03:13 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I believe you had the 69th post:

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Camwritesgonzo] * 1
    #20871976 - 11/21/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Camwritesgonzo said:
If anything, couldn't it have been a case of the cow eating either morning glories or ergot-infected grasses or infected grains for a long enough period of time that ergot would have built up in the meat?

No.  Ergot alkaloids are quickly metabolized and do not build up.

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #20872551 - 11/21/14 09:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
I read a study that said that after 1 day in the sunlight, most of the LSD is gone and after 3 days it was all gone.

I couldn't find any studies about heat breaking it down where they tested anything above 45 degrees C.

Someone should make some LSD tea and boil it for half an hour and see if it still works.

Funny you should say this about heat Alan cause I too also thought that LSD was supposed to break down and degrade in hot water.

I remember John Lennon talking about his first LSD 'dentist experience' and saying that the dentist had put it in their coffee!

I assumed Lennon must have remembered wrongly or something giving the fact that coffee is always served hot.

So you might well be right!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: wolf8312]
    #20873164 - 11/22/14 12:16 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I put a hit in microwave for 45 seconds and it did not degrade at all. I put it in coffee all the time. It doesn't degrade as fast as you think, also UV light is worse than just heat.

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: wolf8312]
    #20875889 - 11/22/14 05:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Funny you should say this about heat Alan cause I too also thought that LSD was supposed to break down and degrade in hot water.

I remember John Lennon talking about his first LSD 'dentist experience' and saying that the dentist had put it in their coffee!

I assumed Lennon must have remembered wrongly or something giving the fact that coffee is always served hot.

So basically you have zero understanding about LSD's stability and you immediately assume that Lennon's story is off. That's pretty sad.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

#20876144 - 11/22/14 06:26 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:

So basically you have zero understanding about LSD's stability and you immediately assume that Lennon's story is off. That's pretty sad.

So you're basically a guy who misreads things and assumes that what he thought it said is representative of what it means. Even if you didn't misread it, this "zero understanding" stuff is very assuming and just just too extreme. Give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes before 'going out on a limb,' so to speak, yeesh...

On another note: nice profile name! I tried it once, one of the strangest experiences I've had...

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineOjom
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20883265 - 11/24/14 11:45 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
I'm going to answer one piece at a time

1) a pregnant woman willfully taking LSD? Boy.... I remember the last time I took LSD, the hits came in a bottle and on the bottle was a label that read "warning, ergotamines and biosynthetic chemicals extracted from ergot can trigger uterine contractions and cause premature birth." Boy, I sure am glad people in this country are so educated on just exactly what lysergic acid diethylamide actually is :rolleyes:

2) a Latino family is not your average acid taking culture people? I live in Miami dude. I'm pretty sure MOST of the people I've taken LSD with are Latino. Nice try

3) last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST. Why isn't the family suing? Good question, why aren't they suing? They were all dosed with LSD beyond their control, and the mother needed a c section to give premature birth? No lawsuits? No persecutions? Requested investigations? Nothing? Why not? Well, that sure seems normal. I'm sure they have nothing to hide. Maybe you can explain that one to me, what a good question.

1. I wouldn't put it past a pregnant woman to willfully ingest LSD, but even without any knowledge of the dangers involved it seems unlikely a woman 9 months pregnant would want to trip, and even if she and her boyfriend did want to, why also dose her 6 and 7 year old daughters?

2. I certainly wouldn't argue that latinos like to party and the adult male in this family is around the age of someone I would not be surprised to be involved in the drug culture.

3. Who would the family sue? Not everyone is lawsuit happy. The pregnant woman was 9 months pregnant. That is hardly premature to be giving birth. What more investigations could they request? How do we even know what investigations they may have requested? The police have been all over this already. They looked at surveillance from Wal-Mart. They pulled all of the other steaks off the shelf. They pulled the oven out of the home they had just moved into two days prior.

Something that I wonder about is whether they tested the refrigerator/freezer in this case. With so much concern over heat degradation as exhibited by this thread, freezers/refrigerators are not uncommon places to store LSD. Perhaps the steaks became contaminated by residues left behind in the refrigerator by previous occupants who spilled a vial of LSD in the fridge or freezer.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/tampa-family-sickened-by-meat-laced-with-lsd/2169145

The above article contains the information about them having just moved into the new home.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #20885007 - 11/24/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
I strongly disagree.    The temperature of the meat would not have gone above boiling.  And even boiling LSD for a short time won't break it down very much.

Are you fucking kidding me???  The temperature at which meat is broiled >>>FAR<<< exceeds that of boiling.  In fact, it's nearly DOUBLE for the MEAT, to say nothing of the actual irradiance of the surface of the meat where presumably the molecule resided, unless you are postulating it was injected deep into the meat, which is preposterous!

Water boils at 212 degrees F.  Meat is broiled at 425 degrees or MORE.  The IR radiation at that temperature is >>>INTENSE<<< and any molecule of LSD not already completely destroyed by the beef salt and juices would be disintegrated in a handful of seconds when exposed to broiling in an oven.  Your own skin would be fried to a crisp in 20 - 30 seconds, let alone the 8 minutes ON EACH SIDE it takes to broil a steak so as to be edible.

I challenge you to put your hand even remotely close to the elements of your oven for 10 seconds at the same distance you are broiling a steak.  AR, that is the single most idiotic statement you have ever publicly uttered.  I guess you don't barbeque much.

NOT LSD.  Period.  End of discussion.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: LSD Mystery Meat Case Will Remain "Unsolved" Say Police [Re: Nature Boy]
    #20885744 - 11/24/14 08:35 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing you cook can get above 212 F while there is still water left in it.  Unless you are cooking meat to an actual crisp, which wouldn't be edible, the actual temperature is much lower.

See

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/MeatTemperatureChart.htm

The internal temperature of meat reaches 160 when it is cooked "well done".

I haven't been able to find any information as to which temperature LSD breaks down at, however to assume that it breaks down at low temperature is unsupported by science.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #20892432 - 11/26/14 09:24 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Here is some info on LSD breaking down in UV and heat.  Its in urine at the time, but would still be applicable

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/pdf/lsd.storage.stability.pdf

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag