Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spiritual Temple, Angkor ... Flag
First timers/grow log/pics
    #20875058 - 11/22/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everyone, First Off i would like to say greetings  and thank you for making this awesome web w vast amounts of knowledge. Anyways I've been doin my research on cultivating mushrooms for quite some time now. Now is the time i have been granted access to a lab and supplies. :smile: I've got some cakes colonizing and from my research and knowledge every things looking good and couldn't have hoped for anything more. I followed the pf tek. purchased a book on psilocybin cultivation years ago, followed the steps and have them in a warm environment ranging from 72-76 f degrees. anyways i would love any feedback comments or opinions on anything. much love from TheLostBoys Colorado.  i also was wondering if the 2nd picture where both colonies are meeting together, is my substrate to moist or whats goin on in the 2nd pic.

Edited by TheLostBoys (12/07/14 10:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonkeyJesusFresco
am i suspended in agar?
Male

Loc: South East USA Flag
Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: TheLostBoys]
    #20876032 - 11/22/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, that second one looks pretty rough; the excess moisture will probably slow down growth, and/or probably lead to some bacteria,
but time will tell... for future reference you can remove the foil (as long as you prepared the "dry verm layer" correctly)...and now that I think about it, that excess moisture in the 2nd pic may have compromised your dry verm layer (filter)...so...good luck :shrug:
also,
welcome to the shroomery!

Offlinedr.alkaline
 User Gallery

Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: MonkeyJesusFresco]
    #20876149 - 11/22/14 06:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Look out for any slick or gleaming looking patches on both of these(bacterial growth). If your aseptic techniques was good though, you really dont have much to worry about. Substrate is a little wet. When you do the prep you want the substrate at "field capacity" before pc'ing, which mean only one or two drops should fall when squeezing the substrate in your fist. I have had jars that were this damp turn out just fine. Cubes are pretty forgiving.

Edited by dr.alkaline (11/22/14 06:28 PM)

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: dr.alkaline]
    #20915305 - 12/02/14 12:45 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

hey guys, figured id keep everyone updated,  things are going great. full colonization after 3 1/2 weeks. will leave them in the incubator for another week for full consolidation over the substrate. pretty excited seeing this is my first grow and have learned a tremendous amount of information and love every moment being apart of the vast web of budding mycologist. i want to thank everyone who has been here to help me out along the road. still have a lot to learn and very grateful for this opportunity and experience. let me know what you guys think. any feedback is welcomed. cheers everyone! -TheLostBoys

--------------------
Trade List

"Sleep All Day,Party All Night. Never Grow Old, Never Die.Its fun being a Vampire"-TheLostBoys
" If you want to find the secrets of the universe, Think in terms of Energy, Frequency, and Vibration" -Nikola Tesla
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" -Grateful Dead

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

#20915419 - 12/02/14 01:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like they colonized pretty well to me! What route are you going to take as far as a FC, a SGFC I suppose?

:thumbup:

--------------------

"Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this."

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: Tourmaline]
    #20915470 - 12/02/14 01:55 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

yes. i actually finished making my sgfc today. it took a lil bit and was tedious work haha but it was fun. every two inches drilled a whole 1/4 in. got a video here if anyone is curios to check it out. had time on my hands so why not.came out awesome will post pics also. hope someone finds it helpful, cheers-  TheLostBoys

--------------------
Trade List

"Sleep All Day,Party All Night. Never Grow Old, Never Die.Its fun being a Vampire"-TheLostBoys
" If you want to find the secrets of the universe, Think in terms of Energy, Frequency, and Vibration" -Nikola Tesla

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

#20915487 - 12/02/14 02:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Can't wait to see those babies pin and fruit!

Shroom on, brotha! :mushroom2: :rockon:

--------------------

"Be patient.

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

#20928321 - 12/04/14 01:44 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i think ill dunk em on tuesday, let them sit over night. wednesday roll em in verm then put them into their shotgun fruiting chamber. can't wait. stay tuned

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

#20929010 - 12/04/14 04:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

FC looks good. Fill that thing w/ 4-5" of wet perlite, then add your consolidated and DNR'd cakes on either round pieces of alum foil, jar lids (not recommended), or some small glass/ceramic drink coasters.

Make sure to get a CFL (5800K - 6500K), I use two 25w bulbs, one from each side.

:seriousthumbsup:

--------------------

"Be patient.

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

#20929037 - 12/04/14 04:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ya i got a 6500 kelvin light bulb.ive seen ppl use a metal rack to kinda elevate their cakes for more evaporation(pin triggering) to happen versus just sittin on the perlite. altho  I'm pretty Impressed w myself and how far i have gone in my research. i think reading on the subject for years has paid off a lil bit. ill post a pic of my setup and let me know what ya think
.:cheersyoufuck:
-TheLostBoys

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

#20929064 - 12/04/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Good point bringing up the mesh (forgot to mention cause I'm currently blowin' some George Bush Kush and my eyes are the same color as a coke can), it's prob the best thing to lay the cakes on.

Knowledge is power, and can help grow some powerful shrooms! lol keep us up-to-date on the operation.

:goodluck:

--------------------

"Be patient.

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

#20929124 - 12/04/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ya dude I'm cool w that haha. I've been lurking on here all day talking to fellow cultivators  haha all stoned just seeing what i can learn. sometimes feeling a lil bit stupid but thats why i got other ppl here to help me out haha. anyways look forward to keeping an up to date journal between us on our grows since were so close in dates on our projects and you registered one day before me( punk) hah jk. anyways imma keep blowin this dank w you and seeing what else i can learn around here. Also here;s my Sgfc thanks to www.mushroomvideos.com
:cheersyoufuck:

Edited by TheLostBoys (12/04/14 05:19 PM)

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

#20929684 - 12/04/14 07:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheLostBoys said:
ya dude I'm cool w that haha. I've been lurking on here all day talking to fellow cultivators  haha all stoned just seeing what i can learn. sometimes feeling a lil bit stupid but thats why i got other ppl here to help me out haha. anyways look forward to keeping an up to date journal between us on our grows since were so close in dates on our projects and you registered one day before me( punk) hah jk. anyways imma keep blowin this dank w you and seeing what else i can learn around here.

Yeah, I joined 10/12, but that was right around when I first 'noculated my jars.. but hadn't posted at all until middle of last month once I had them colonized/consolidated. But yeah, looks like we're kinda running our first grow at the same time!

What variety of PS. Cubensis were you growing?

:getstoned:

--------------------

"Be patient.

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

#20929703 - 12/04/14 07:13 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

im goin w some  cambodia's right now, what about you??
:greatjob:

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
    #20929719 - 12/04/14 07:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thinking about growing out some B+...

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: mpd]
    #20929822 - 12/04/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ya I've read that those can produce some big fruits haha. be nice to see a couple different varieties  grow next to each other. can't wait. some nice gifts might be popping up my way near christmas. will deff post pics when i put them in the fruiting chamber and so on....cheers everyone
:pantytail:

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleTourmaline
Psychedelic Soldier
 User Gallery

Re: first time grow/colonizing [Re: mpd]
    #20929931 - 12/04/14 07:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Currently have three (pinning) Penis Envy cakes, and three (not pinning yet, just put in FC yesterday) Equador cakes, and three (still colonizing) Costa Rican that'll be going into FC in about a week or two..

so, gotta a few different varieties. Can't wait to see how their trips differ.. :grin:

--------------------

"Be patient.

PF Tek Done Right
SGFC Done Right

Invisiblesooperdooper
lazy fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: This one place
    #20929986 - 12/04/14 08:13 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

im doing a tub of cambos soon myself. Waiting on mah jars to get done. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out:thumbup:

good vibes & good luck :mushroom2:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
99.9% of what i say is a lie...the other, gibberish. :stoned:

OfflineTheLostBoys
Space Cowboy
Male User Gallery

#20929991 - 12/04/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

hell yea!!! thats very exciting. be cool to see how the trips differ. your deff going to have to keep me updated on that. I'm thinking about doing a CVG mix for one of my 1/2 pint cakes. just spawn it into a small food storage tub already pre mixed w coir verm and gypsum. deff want to experiment around a little w different cultivating techniques. going to need some more supplies but hopefully will be moving on to grain and agar in the future. i think the build up for my grow is starting to hit me too. i noc'd up 6 more jars today. and have until tuesday ish until I'm going to introduce them to my fruiting chamber I've got specially made for my guys haha. i love ya'llllll! if someone hasn't told you recently if you read this, you are loved...coming from a higher source. hahahaah cheers everyone.
:sexymeow:

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineNickShade
Macronutrient
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #20930008 - 12/04/14 08:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Loving the enthusiasm brother. Keep us posted.

Also, lol at your grampa coming out in the middle of you guys drilling the fc. Like "wtf are you kids doing?" Oh, just making a tub ti grow mushies in grampa.

--------------------
bodhisatta said:
figure it out listen to the cake

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck