Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Brothers convicted in large synthetic marijuana ring
    #20766363 - 10/29/14 12:28 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

October 28, 2014

A federal jury in Dallas convicted two brothers Monday of running a large synthetic marijuana operation that did business in smoke shops and convenience stores across the nation, the U.S. attorney’s office said.

Barry Bays, 43, and his brother, Jerad Coleman, 28, both of Fort Wayne, IN, made and sold “spice” and other drugs marketed as “incense,” “potpourri,” “air freshener,” and “aroma therapy products,” in at least 38 states, prosecutors said.

Seven others, including two from North Texas, have already pleaded guilty for their roles in the operation, which was busted by the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Project Synergy that targeted such organizations.

The brothers were convicted of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, conspiracy to commit mail fraud, and conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance analogue following a nearly two-week trial.

Bays also was convicted of possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime and using a communication facility to facilitate a drug felony. Bays and Coleman remain in federal custody. A sentencing date has not been set yet.

Two of the conspirators are from Denton: Samuel Madeley, 22, and Holden Bownds, 23. Four are from Fort Wayne: Aaron Parrish, 31, Jennie Miller, 41, Kyle Boyer, 31, and Brandon Zerler, 26. And David Muise, 23, is from Londonderry, NH.

Miller was sentenced to 12 months and one day in federal prison for acting as a “straw purchaser” of the firearm Bays used.

The other defendants are scheduled to be sentenced in coming months.

Bays sold the drugs through a company he set up in Indiana and Ohio. He bought the chemicals from Madeley and Bownds and mixed them with leafy plant material to create spice, court records show.

Bays sold it under the names, B2 Da Bomb, V8, Roses and Street Legal.

Bays hired Muise to create YouTube videos in which he reviewed Bays’ spice products, prosecutors said.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/brothers-convicted-in-large-synthetic-marijuana-ring-with-tentacles-in-north-texas.html/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebudbud420
UNIVERSAL
Male

Loc: Queensland Flag
Re: Brothers convicted in large synthetic marijuana ring [Re: Ogla]
    #20766476 - 10/29/14 01:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

but isnt synthetic pot legal?

how can a government trust people with guns and vehicles than can kill lots of people quickly but you cant have this single chemical that makes you feel different..

--------------------

OfflineLittleDaddy
Male User Gallery

Re: Brothers convicted in large synthetic marijuana ring [Re: budbud420]
    #20767327 - 10/29/14 10:14 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

synthetic cannabinoids are ridiculous. it would be nice to have drugs legal so people can make more informed decisions about the drugs they ingest. the demand for these harmful drugs would be incredibly low. research would sky rocket.
imagine a system with proper education on the short term/long term effects of drugs with minimal stigmatization and bias integrated. I honestly think drug use would decrease and addiction rates would decline. Not to mention we would have effective treatment centers centered around psychedelic psychotherapy. Ahhh, what a utopia.

--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Edited by LittleDaddy (10/29/14 10:15 AM)

Offlinefireshaman
Botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Brothers convicted in large synthetic marijuana ring [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #20768516 - 10/29/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

hash oil - I've seen it cure lung cancer.

Spice - I've seen it give lung cancer to a young girl who didn't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.  It was a friend of a friend and she thought it was safe since it was sold at the store.  Shortly after smoking a few grams got bad lung cancer.  Maybe a coincidence, but I'd say unlikely for a healthy 18yr old girl.

--------------------
Nomad 2013 Trade List
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17137809

Offlinespixce
Up, Up & Away
Male

Loc: AZ Flag
Re: Brothers convicted in large synthetic marijuana ring [Re: fireshaman]
    #20769086 - 10/29/14 05:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Good i can't believe i'm saying this but i hate that shit and people who sell it are pieces of shit.  That is the worst common drug on the planet besides huffing it does nothing but hurt you its how i pictured crack when i was in DARE class.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale