Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Land Meets The ...
NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?!
    #20747359 - 10/24/14 12:44 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone I have posted on here for a day or two now trying to get answers about my cakes they are dunking now and some people have told me that they may have trich but they are unsure. Can I get some advice or can someone let me know whats going on on my cakes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChakatron
JOOSA JOOSA
Male

Loc: Your Face Flag
Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: UNDERdecoded]
    #20747381 - 10/24/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see any trich.  could just be bruising

--------------------

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: Chakatron]
    #20747386 - 10/24/14 12:52 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The people that said something thought it could be non sporulated trich but they don't know for sure. I thought it was just the mycelium consolidating. :shrug:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #20747393 - 10/24/14 12:53 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20747402 - 10/24/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The reason I am posting so much is because I'm not seeming to get answers. Am I supposed to wait until the trich sporulates to get answers or what?

OfflineFivel
Crazy Smurf
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: Chakatron]
    #20747404 - 10/24/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Looks fine to me.

--------------------
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very EXISTENCE is an act of rebellion."
- Albert Camus  :bonghit:

Have Orissa Prints for trade!

In search of PF albino, PF redspore, PF classic :pm:

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists."

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::meltdown::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #20747413 - 10/24/14 12:57 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

UNDERdecoded said:
The reason I am posting so much is because I'm not seeming to get answers. Am I supposed to wait until the trich sporulates to get answers or what?

no you're supposed to research and read. it's not like everyone is on here all at once you're just clogging up the boards for everyone else. If you're not getting replies immediately in your other threads what makes you think you'll get some now. most people on here live in America and Canada and it's Friday so they're probably at work dude. The only reason I'm on here is because I miraculously got off today

we're not paid either.

Edited by Trusted cuItivator (10/24/14 12:58 PM)

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: Fivel]
    #20747414 - 10/24/14 12:57 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

THANK YOU! I hope people keep posting I'd like to make sure. Its raised my anxiety levels and its like the only thing I'm worried about. Most of my cakes look like that other than one that had trich and stalled to the point where it wasnt moving for 2 weeks.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: Fivel]
    #20747421 - 10/24/14 12:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Just do what your doing, if they have trich you'll know soon enough cause they'll go green

Trich does start off as like unusually white patches. But I've had cakes that looked like that when I birthed them, for some reason they get a white fluffy myc growth

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Edited by mushpunx (10/24/14 01:03 PM)

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20747425 - 10/24/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

UNDERdecoded said:

no you're supposed to research and read. it's not like everyone is on here all at once you're just clogging up the boards for everyone else. If you're not getting replies immediately in your other threads what makes you think you'll get some now. most people on here live in America and Canada and it's Friday so they're probably at work dude. The only reason I'm on here is because I miraculously got off today

I HAVE BEEN! I am not getting direct answers and every forum on here that has non-sporulated trich is a monotub! Trust me dude I barely got any sleep last night because I was looking so much stuff up. I have been all day today as well. Good point on the work thing I'm just getting conflicting answers.

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: mushpunx]
    #20747431 - 10/24/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Just do what your doing, if they have trich you'll know soon enough cause they'll go green

Wouldn't it spread after that and ruin the rest of my cakes and FC?

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
    #20747448 - 10/24/14 01:04 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:

:whathesaid:

Sometimes trich can look like that. So can mycelium. I've had cakes that looked exactly like your that turned out fine. Will have to wait.

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

OfflineChakatron
JOOSA JOOSA
Male

Loc: Your Face Flag
    #20747459 - 10/24/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

heres your answer. its more than likely not trich. it looks very muck like the mycelium recovering after birthing. they also grow a fuzzy myc over the verm layer after a dunk and roll. your good. cakes once colonized are pretty resistant to contaminants.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

#20747463 - 10/24/14 01:07 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20745387

You should have included that third pic in this orginal topic, i can see much better now! Could still be trich (keep an eye on it) but it kinda looks now with that angle, lighting and clarity, that the cake began to shrink in vitro, pulled away from the side a bit, giving the myc space to grow as it would in nature into fluffy cottony myc. the difference in white would be attributed to this. Finish dunking, keep a close close eye on them, take pictures to track growth, if you have more questions, feel free to post back. i'm not an expert but i do research a lot on here and other places.

--------------------
:takingnotes: Primal Call's Cubensis Pinning Strategy & Troubleshooting Tek :takingnotes:

:mushroom2: SpitballJedi's The Basics:mushroom2:

hallucination illusion

"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by deagonx (10/24/14 01:48 PM)

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

#20747467 - 10/24/14 01:08 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

UNDERdecoded said:
Quote:

mushpunx said:

Wouldn't it spread after that and ruin the rest of my cakes and FC?

Yup.

let me rephrase, can spread, may not ruin cakes in there now, but this could transfer the mold spores elsewhere and can be a pain if you ever want to do agar work too. and could leave them all over your chamber where it could grow.

--------------------
:takingnotes: Primal Call's Cubensis Pinning Strategy & Troubleshooting Tek :takingnotes:

hallucination illusion

"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by deagonx (10/24/14 01:50 PM)

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20747475 - 10/24/14 01:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

UNDERdecoded said:
Quote:

mushpunx said:

Wouldn't it spread after that and ruin the rest of my cakes and FC?[/qu

I dont know honestly, but I do know colonized cakes are pretty hardy, I've never had one get contam after its been birthed by being in the same FC.

You could make a couple single cake fruiting chamber out of 2 liter bottles and put them in quarantine for a coupke days, if they dont go green them put em with the others

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: deagonx]
    #20747486 - 10/24/14 01:11 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I noticed that they did pull away from the sides thats most likely what it is. Now I'm getting somewhere thanks guys I'll keep a close eye on it! I will probably post pictures on my grow log tracking its growth.

OfflineUNDERdecoded
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#20747495 - 10/24/14 01:12 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Quote:

UNDERdecoded said:
Quote:

mushpunx said:

Wouldn't it spread after that and ruin the rest of my cakes and FC?[/qu

I dont know honestly, but I do know colonized cakes are pretty hardy, I've never had one get contam after its been birthed by being in the same FC.

You could make a couple single cake fruiting chamber out of 2 liter bottles and put them in quarantine for a coupke days, if they dont go green them put em with the others

Would grow bags work? I have a few.

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

#20747509 - 10/24/14 01:15 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

WTF?

Why are you freaking out? If it trichs out, throw it out and start over. You're not getting a disease ffs. Why would something so trivial literally raise your anxiety levels.

MonkeyJesusFresco said:
I doubt the bacteria were producing "bacterial spores" and even if they were, so what?

Let me share with you an example of how shockingly impressive proper sterile-technique in a SAB is: I recently moved, put all my furniture in storage for six months, when I finally settle down, and move all my stuff into my new place, EVERYTHING is trich'd out. the undersides of every drawer, every cardboard box, table and chairs was green&white. I sprayed everything down with a bleach concoction, knowing full well it was too late and that the entire place was "bombed...with MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS" of mold spores. I thought for sure I was done for, however, three months later and I haven't had any troubles as long as I adhere to proper SAB working conditions. The underside of the table that my SAB sits on is still kind'a green :crazy:

He survived it :smile: it's not the end of mycology for you, just a learning experience -- shitty no doubt, but a learning experience.

--------------------
How To Use The Search Function

Edited by Pudgy (10/24/14 01:18 PM)

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: NOT GETTING HELP! FREAKING OUT! Contam?!?! [Re: Pudgy]
    #20747523 - 10/24/14 01:17 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

maybe they have an anxiety disorder?

--------------------

hallucination illusion

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom