Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSloboz
Total Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Barcelona Spain
Larva problems ....
    #20742443 - 10/23/14 11:02 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

hey guys , im new to this site , i've been readying your posts for like 2 months now , and i started to grow some shrooms ... now i got all the subtrate done , colonized and put them in a "green house" thats used for marijuana clones to fruit , for like 3-4 weeks i was watching them , nuttin happen but today , one little shroom popped out i was like soooo happy ... after i inspect the cakes more carefully i see on one some little larva , brownish , with black heads , a bigger one was almost black ... can i save these cakes or i have to throw them away and start again ? why do they form , how , can i still eat the mushrooms ? theyre going to spread to the others ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
Re: Larva problems .... [Re: Sloboz]
    #20743587 - 10/23/14 03:41 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I posted in the other thread, but your "larva" sound like aborted mushrooms. They're what happens when pins start to form, then for whatever reason, just die. Do you have a pic?

If they are aborts, it's fine to eat the other mushrooms. Insect infestation isn't very common for hobbyists that grow at home--I happened to just get lucky, I guess. However, aborts are pretty common and it's safe to say that most people get a few in every grow. They're harmless.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Edited by BittrBuffalo (10/23/14 03:49 PM)

OfflineSloboz
Total Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Larva problems .... [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #20764387 - 10/28/14 03:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

hello , this is what i am encountering , i found again and i imortalised them before death , last wish was to put the pictures on this site so you guys could tell me what are these and how do i get rid of them , how do i got them in the 1st place ? :smile: thanks alot

OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
    #20764555 - 10/28/14 04:16 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah, those do look like worms. I have no idea how to get rid of them or how they get there. Kizzle is the contam expert.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

OfflineSloboz
Total Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Larva problems .... [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #20764560 - 10/28/14 04:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

well could u ask Kizzle to look at this post please ? :laugh:

Invisiblepartyinthestars
Kamille Bidan

Loc: In The Stars
    #20765240 - 10/28/14 06:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, never seen this before. Enlighten us more on how you began these? Maybe it'll hint towards when they made their way in. Where do you keep the jars, were the jars brand new(if you use jars that is, etc. all that infi could be helpful in getting an answer. Deff a first time see for me though, with hydro shrms.

--------------------

OfflineSloboz
Total Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Larva problems .... [Re: partyinthestars]
    #20776017 - 10/31/14 06:46 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

oh well , i used glasses as jars , the jars i ordered are smaller at the top and larger at bottom so i cant get the cake out of it unless i break the glass wich is not an option , they were used by me in the house , the glasses. i bought vermiculite , rice flour i mixed them as in the tutorials with distiled water and stuff , i boiled them under presure like 2.5 hours , just to be sure xD and the box i put the jars in its a normal box , sprayed with steriliser and kept shut whole period like 2-3 weeks , ~29 degree celsius in that room all the time so the micelium forms faster , i used spores from a bottle , when i took the jars out of presure cooker bathroom was already cleaned and desinfected , i took them out there , injected the suspension... and put them in the box , than i took them out in a "invernadore" i think its a green house for weed clones , never used it to anything else .. it has no vent so i take the lid off 5 times a day sometimes more ... :smile: i hope this was helpfull and sorry for the poor english :P

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20777510 - 10/31/14 03:47 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Those might be sciarid fly larvae. They should die when you dunk your cake for 24 hours.

--------------------

OfflineSloboz
Total Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Larva problems .... [Re: Kizzle]
    #20779480 - 11/01/14 06:35 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

just dunked them one cake already started to fruit after 1 day from dunking , the other 2 cakes i dont know whats happenin to them , no fruits 1st time , no fruits now , only 1 cake of 3 is fruiting i dont know whats wrong with this guys :smile:) but okay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale