Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleakiraxhoshizora
@K@ T!nK3RbE11
Female

Loc: in the shades of grey
Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
    #20743357 - 10/23/14 02:46 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourallekiskivalley/yourallekiskivalleymore/6964592-74/kelly-marijuana-plea#axzz3H0ELKTmW

A 65-year-old Buffalo Township woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to selling as much as 100 pounds of marijuana a year from her home.

Authorities claim that Candace Delaven Kelly of 410 Kepple Road sold that much marijuana each year for more than four years.

Kelly voluntarily entered a general guilty plea. She did so without a plea agreement with prosecutors, which is routinely done by suspects in order to receive reduced charges or a recommendation for a lighter sentence.

As is stands, she could be sentenced to 10 years or more in prison for drug sales, possession, and conspiracy. She also had mind-altering mushrooms.

Kelly also agreed to forfeit almost $393,000 confiscated in her residence. Most of the cash will be given to the state police and attorney general's task force, with $12,500 going to her attorney, Jeffrey R. Wasak.

In October 2013, police and drug agents also found 64 pounds of potent hydroponically grown marijuana, 2 pounds of “magic” mushrooms, and about 2 pounds of hashish. Hashish, or “hash,” is akin to powerful marijuana.

Inside her neat mobile home, police also found drug pipes, items used to package the marijuana, a marijuana grinder, digital scale, hallucinogenic mushrooms and hashish, and papers showing the extent of trafficking.

The grand jury presentment on Kelly alleges there was evidence of a “multiple year marijuana trafficking enterprise” dating to 2009.

A man is listed as a co-conspirator but he has remained out of state and has yet to be prosecuted.

Judge sets sentencing hearing

On Wednesday, Butler County Judge William Shaffer accepted the plea and was told about the money forfeiture agreement that is awaiting approval by the state attorney general's office in Harrisburg.

Sentencing is at Shaffer's discretion. There is no minimum mandatory sentence.

Shaffer ordered that a pre-sentence investigation to be conducted prior to sentencing on Nov. 20.

Outside the courtroom, Kelly politely declined to comment.

Wasak said Kelly has “accepted responsibility and is remorseful” and cooperated with the authorities when she allowed a search of her house. All of that should be considered in sentencing, he said.

Wasak is “hoping to persuade the court that Miss Kelly has demonstrated there is no evidence of her being a menace” to society.

He believes Kelly shouldn't be sentenced to time behind bars and if so, that the sentence allows her to serve it in Butler County near her family.

Home detention would “certainly be an appropriate disposition,” he said outside the courtroom.

Senior Deputy State Attorney General Tomm Anthony Mutschler confirmed that Kelly's general guilty plea was not as a result of a plea bargain.

“No offer was made,” he said.

Mutschler said he will ask the judge to sentence Kelly to prison.

Kelly was originally arrested a year ago this month, but those charges were withdrawn. In December, the grandmother of five was indicted by a state grand jury and was rearrested in January.

Kelly remains free in lieu of $100,000 unsecured bond because she wasn't considered to be a flight risk.

--------------------
catch me on the Nexus
                            :dancingshroom:PRINT COLLECTION:dancingshroom::sanpedro:Mescaline extraction made easy:sanpedro:
                :tee:Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum:tee::squirrelnut:Free Ethno Seeds Thread:squirrelnut:

Edited by akiraxhoshizora (10/23/14 02:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed [Re: akiraxhoshizora] * 1
    #20743422 - 10/23/14 03:06 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:badmanthisfeels:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed [Re: musiclover420]
    #20743614 - 10/23/14 03:46 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
:badmanthisfeels:

We live in such a crazy, fucked up conservative fascist world. Whenever I see a story like this I think damn, how little we've come in the last few thousand years let alone since the Nazis were in power.

Invisibleakiraxhoshizora
@K@ T!nK3RbE11
Female

Loc: in the shades of grey
Re: Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed [Re: akiraxhoshizora]
    #20743635 - 10/23/14 03:53 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

just started a petition to keep her out of jail

https://www.change.org/p/judge-william-shaffer-no-prison-time-for-candace-delaven-kelly-if-any-sentence-should-be-given-it-should-be-house-arrest?recruiter=27085947&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

if someone can write a better petition speech it would be helpfull im not a very good writer just pm me the speech if you do

--------------------
catch me on the Nexus
                            :dancingshroom:PRINT COLLECTION:dancingshroom::sanpedro:Mescaline extraction made easy:sanpedro:
                :tee:Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum:tee::squirrelnut:Free Ethno Seeds Thread:squirrelnut:

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
Re: Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed [Re: akiraxhoshizora]
    #20745328 - 10/23/14 10:18 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

poor lady, i hope the feds go easy on her...

i mean they did just gank over a quarter million from her

Quote:

Wasak is “hoping to persuade the court that Miss Kelly has demonstrated there is no evidence of her being a menace” to society.

He believes Kelly shouldn't be sentenced to time behind bars and if so, that the sentence allows her to serve it in Butler County near her family.

damn straight.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed [Re: wortiesbo]
    #20749748 - 10/24/14 10:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Cool shirt :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds