Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: Myconomy]
    #20849979 - 11/17/14 11:05 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Het violet your link reminded me of this thread: Grain spawn without pressure cooker
You will love it:-)

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: Chk]
    #20899726 - 11/28/14 09:01 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Bump!

If people don't start learning how this works, and get some practice in with using agar and scrubbies, then there's no way Anne will share Poms 2.

Kindof bugs me that so many of the posts here only say "growing fruits from grain" which is definitely not what's happening.

Quote:

Chk said:
Update:
my 2 jars with paper are 95% colonized

and i fear you were right about the scrubbies, probably something nasty inside, i reinoculated those 3 jars today with some agar to see if i take hold.

Any word?
I suspect that the mycelium on the agar wedge reinoculations has flattened and not recovered, much less taken off.  That's exactly what happened to every container I used that had both liquid and a Scotch-brite scrubbie in them.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

Loc: France
Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: Violet]
    #20899743 - 11/28/14 09:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Indeed you were right, i'm unable to grow anything in those 3 jars, it's not even contaminating,
the mycelium on the agar wedge kinda disappeared, toxic stuff...

on the bright side, the 2 ones with paper are showing great pinning, (and started to pin before i introduce some air btw)
pics incoming soon

i'll try to find some others scrubbie to remake the experiments since it's obvious its structure is better than paper.

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#20899754 - 11/28/14 09:12 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

NICE! Good job! I'm excited to see what you've got going on!

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

#20899793 - 11/28/14 09:43 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The photos doesn't really make justice to what i'm seeing
tried my best with that shitty camera ...
In the plastic container there is so many pins i can't really count

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#20900722 - 11/28/14 02:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, looks pretty tough to photograph.
Once ALL nutritious material is colonized, you can open the container and take photos from above no differently than anything else.
Good job!  Can't wait to see more!

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisibleMrGiraffe

#20905431 - 11/29/14 05:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ATL7, very tiny stuff.  I think that was some BRF and malt, but I can't actually remember.  I do have another container with some nepal that just started pinning, I'll snap some pics when I get back home from the holidays.  It took a while to colonize.  It was a rolled oatmeal/seaweed/nutritional yeast mix.  I think I used to much agar though.  It ended up like an agar puck almost.

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain agar and scrubbies [Re: Violet]
    #20908249 - 11/30/14 01:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Not Bad!  Looks like a lot of potential with Galindoi, as I thought!
With a finely-tuned lid in a place with some airflow but not turbulent air, I bet you can easily get numerous full sporulating caps.
I really look forward to seeing more of Galindoi in particular.

You are supposed to have like at least 1/2-inch of agar in the bottom after swirling it onto the scrubbies.  Much above an inch is where it becomes superfluous, but still not very problematic.

Wish I still had Galindoi spores around :confused:

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (11/30/14 01:58 PM)

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #20915184 - 12/01/14 11:49 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So basically just boil some BRF in water > use the watery part after brf settles > add some agar and pom > pc..?

i just bought some poms so im going to try this right now.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: psilocybeMAN]
    #20915950 - 12/02/14 08:00 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yep that's right!  Remember to use about 1/3 of the agar-agar powder you normally would, and make sure to get plenty of the rice boiled into the water without making it thick or like slop.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineMyconomy
High-Wizard

#20921057 - 12/03/14 02:16 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
Yep that's right!  Remember to use about 1/3 of the agar-agar powder you normally would, and make sure to get plenty of the rice boiled into the water without making it thick or like slop.

Thanks that answered half of my questions to.

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #20923525 - 12/03/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I dont have a scale.

In your experience, roughly how much brf for a cup of water? tbsp tsp cup etc.

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

#20942819 - 12/07/14 03:26 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Update:
i harvested the 1st shrooms in the plastic container, those were tiny, probably bad genetics
totalling 4.6g wet, more are coming

one thing that did surprise me, the first one i cut bruised like mad
it went to dark blue in only one second, 5sec later is was nearly dark green, 30 sec later it was pitch black, 
i never seen any shroom going so dark, i know it's not related to potency, but still i hope those are strong ^^

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: psilocybeMAN]
    #20943795 - 12/07/14 06:24 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I bet they'll be plenty strong enough.  From a few reports using fert-ferment-grainwater agar...

These may have "flushing" patterns that differ from other kinds of grows due to the configuration of the mycelium, especially when not using isolates, further especially when not using isolates that perform well for this kind of grow.

Now that you are seeing the grow dynamic, start taking nice pin clones (sterile by the way, so transfer the whole pin with tweezers in a snap!)  to isolate cultures that have a knack for this method!

Quote:

psilocybeMAN said:
I dont have a scale.
In your experience, roughly how much brf for a cup of water? tbsp tsp cup etc.

Wish I knew exactly what to tell you... honestly due to reports in posts above I partially doubt the original recipe I posted anyway.  Personally I almost always use the starchy grainwater from brown rice or grass seed preparations.

I'd suggest adding rice flour to boiling water until it almost gets a bit thick, then add a touch of water so it's not soupy when the flour finishes hydrating and explanding.  That seems like a great place to start.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

#20965168 - 12/12/14 04:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

These may have "flushing" patterns that differ from other kinds of grows due to the configuration of the mycelium, especially when not using isolates, further especially when not using isolates that perform well for this kind of grow.

I can see that with MS there is no well defined flush, just mushroom growing without any pattern, more like a continuous flush.

so:
we have a high nutrient density in the bottom, which would be a problem in another grow method,
but since we only need the mycelium to colonize its surface, it works nicely,  that "substrate" layer also act as a water tank,
water and nutrients are moved where needed on the inert layer (poms or anything else)

i guess that we could increase the nutrient density /quantity even more if there was a way to add more water over time in that method
and i can guess that you already know how to to that from the vague clues you already gave us.
am i wrong ? ^^

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#20965496 - 12/12/14 07:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

No you are not wrong!  You can "bottom-water" on that surface base layer of mycelium, but so far I have only gotten the mycelium to absorb a thin layer of water if even that much.  Theoretically (indeed, as it doesn't really work this way entirely) 220mL of water could support up to 200 fresh grams of mushrooms, 18-20g dry, so the poms likely have plenty of water for what they're able to grow.  As said though, it doesn't really end up working that way.  It's possible that the small efficient amount of mycelium is more limited by becoming expended by fruiting than water and nutrition...

...we simply need to understand this process more and dial in the grow.
Anne "taught" me some technique only by telling me roughly what is possible with a certain material and arrangement (she knows how I catch on and run with it), leading me to my own conclusions of which the result you all see here, so I want us to all come to an understanding of Poms 1 together.
(Then maybe we'll get Poms 2 sometime.  I know about it generally, and have kindof done it, but don't know if I'll end up sharing it here personally.)

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisibleGrey
⇜ ✯ ⇝
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21009238 - 12/21/14 07:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Love your stuff. Just following for now until I get everything back up and running.
This is first-ish on my list to do though.

--------------------

:takingnotes:  AMU Q&A  :takingnotes:

If you don't have a plan of your own, you'll become a part of somebody else's.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: Grey]
    #21009305 - 12/21/14 07:48 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I personally would find some TEKs that have better results pictures to follow :lol:
I don't get why people get so dogmatic and follow this

it's a lot of plastic stuff to buy for not a lot of results.

if you're not going to reply stating that her grows are awesome you'll get a long winded circular bullshit reply, just wait till you see her reply to this post.

for all the people jumping on a bandwagon like sheep then how come all the people with less than 100 posts and no grows yet that find this to be a holy grail are not sheep?

check out the first link in my signature, it's got some awesome links to some clever peoples TEKs with much nicer results with most of the things you already have around the house. dedicating a few items and tools to mushroom cultivation isn't the end of the world if you want more than a handful to show after a few weeks of starting to harvest. do some experimentation and figure out what works for you!

:thumbup:

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Growing fruits from grain [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #21009543 - 12/21/14 08:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This again?

The materials and expenses for PFtek are far worse.  Similar results, but the materials are not re-usable in multiple senses: the poms, which function as the verm so-to-speak, are reusable where the verm is headed to the garbage can (and the poms have multiple kinds of uses as well whereas verm has ONE)... and also, the containers can be used for several kinds of invitro grows as well as for making spawn if you want.  The glass half-pints for PFtek are shitty for pretty much every use and since almost every grower will upgrade to another tek they end up being kindof a waste of money.
So your points are moot.

I understand growers who have been doing monotubs for a long time not being attracted to this tek, but this tek should hold the same interest that PFtek does and MORE for those who haven't (remember that most everyone with a large post count originally did PFtek and has long since passed on. This will be similar but with much better materials and better-applied skills learned).

Anyone can see that, now that I no longer am renewing a supporter account, I am several times over my image limit, fucking cheap shot.  I think it's shitty that you come into my thread with this nonsense now.  Where are your priorities? Selling PF-tek but attacking me out of some retarded personal vendetta?  Don't you have a life to live somewhere?

Unless you can say that this tek doesn't work, that it yields less than PF tek and is just as hard or harder, or that the materials are just as much as or more of a waste of money, then you need to shut up.
But you can't and won't be able to say any of those things (while being honest/smart) because they're factually false.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #21009601 - 12/21/14 08:45 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
I had a practically 100% sterile success, but once my work was no longer in STERILE environs, contams would attack at about a 35-50% rate.  Spawn was not to blame, and isn't always. 

I found a way to achieve the same great degree of result without the extra "bulk" steps and materials that took my work out of sterility, causing my ~50% failure rate to dwindle to ~1%.

50% fail rate when spawning to bulk :eek:
great results with cased grains? :shake:

you should invest in your skill. you don't need to do everything in a enclosed controlled environment just to grow some shrooms if you get better at growing shrooms. keeping everything sterile from start to finish just shows that you need to work on your technique so you don't have to be stuck with elaborate pf cakes. no one is telling people they have to do pf cakes either. there's a bunch of ways to skin a cat.

let yourself out of the box, don't be so worried about keeping everything in-vitro just because you can't handle sterile technique.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract