Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: few more questions [Re: deagonx]
    #20626713 - 09/27/14 04:34 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

it's not rocket science.

PF tek gets 4 holes in the lid to inject spores in 0.25cc or less spore solution per hole, then you use the dry verm barrier

if you want you could use a grain jar lid with GE and optionally a injection port(or just inject by taking the lid off in a still air box) then you can skip the dry verm barrier since you have a filter and a injection port(or inject with the lid off in a SAB)

if you're doing grain jars you need a grain jar lid not just a lid with holes since you cannot have a dry verm barrier with grain spawn jars. you need GE and optionally a injection port.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineweaksause
Stranger

#20626983 - 09/27/14 05:37 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deagonx said:
not made... modified. Gah always so literal around here lol.

I'm not really into the metal lids though.

I will make my other lids that way and see how it works out.l

heh made, modified, i meant the same thing:)

funny tho u say you'll make more lids then lol, dont u mean modify more lids?

the metal are good till they start rusting - but if u dont like em skip them :smile:

good luck with your grow!!! grain lids work, and give you a head start if u go that route in the future :smile:

i like to keep it simple that's all!

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: few more questions [Re: weaksause]
    #20627366 - 09/27/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

nothing wrong with rust on your jar lids! scrub it off if it bothers you.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: few more questions [Re: spacechildo]
    #20629707 - 09/28/14 08:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: few more questions [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20635284 - 09/29/14 01:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I can't find sterile syringes, thinking of just ordering some spores from somewhere, getting yanked around by this guy.
can someone pm me a good recommendation.

--------------------
:takingnotes: Primal Call's Cubensis Pinning Strategy & Troubleshooting Tek :takingnotes:

:mushroom2: SpitballJedi's The Basics:mushroom2:

hallucination illusion

"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Loc: Colonizing Jars
    #20635290 - 09/29/14 01:35 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deagonx said:
I can't find sterile syringes, thinking of just ordering some spores from somewhere, getting yanked around by this guy.
can someone pm me a good recommendation.

go to walmart or a pharmacy or a feed store and pick one up.

sterilize it using a procedure. boiling water, or PC

--------------------
Everything you need to know starting.

SpitballJedi's "The Basics."

"The Tiger Drop"

How Frank gets shit done "Link List"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 1st Grow EVER : Panaeolus Cyanescens Hawaiian.
RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: few more questions [Re: bloodyice69]
    #20635834 - 09/29/14 03:12 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've been all over this town, they don't have any anywhere, i have some syringes, but the needs are way way too small, and so are the syringes themselves. A pharmacy? IDK where you live, but they don't just sell stuff like that around here, cause of drug addicts. thanks for the suggestion though.

--------------------
:takingnotes: Primal Call's Cubensis Pinning Strategy & Troubleshooting Tek :takingnotes:

hallucination illusion

"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #20636131 - 09/29/14 04:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've never seen a pharmacy that didn't sell syringes. you just ask the pharmacist. they sell them for diabetics among hundreds of other uses.

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: few more questions *DELETED* [Re: deagonx]
    #20636145 - 09/29/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Loc: Colonizing Jars
Re: few more questions [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20636537 - 09/29/14 05:30 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
Quote:

deagonx said:
cause of drug addicts.

That's one of the reasons why they do indeed sell them. Better to have people using new needles/syringes than reusing and sharing old ones.

:whathesaid: , just go in and ask for exactly what you want. have you tried a vet? im positive theyll sell you one. theyre used in vaccines and antibiotic administration etc...

you just cant be afraid to buy things because of paranoia :shrug:

--------------------
Everything you need to know starting.

SpitballJedi's "The Basics."

"The Tiger Drop"

How Frank gets shit done "Link List"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 1st Grow EVER : Panaeolus Cyanescens Hawaiian.
RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: few more questions [Re: bloodyice69]
    #20636676 - 09/29/14 05:57 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not trying to be a bitch, but its like no one is listening to me, I've gone out, I've looked I've asked i went everywhere, they can't be found here. I was literally told they don't sell them because of drug addicts. And you have to have a prescription for diabetic supplies. i have sterile 30 gauge short needles but these are fucking useless. Honestly my guy is pissing my off anyway so i'm going with a vendor here. dude is just trying to play me and i'm good on that dumb game, i'm extremely pissed though because this ruins my entire original plan.

Sorry just really pissed off.

--------------------

hallucination illusion

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #20636706 - 09/29/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Idk where you live but I can easily find them at the farm and fleet store the gun store even has them for getting oil into small parts on different killing implements.

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

#20636776 - 09/29/14 06:12 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

truthfully i kind of live in a giant ghetto. Lots and lots of drugs users, people ALWAYS trying to get high with something, you have to have an ID to get cough syrup and its all locked up even normal stuff. in the walmart it isn't so bad, but they still don't sell a lot of things, like verm, syringes, or most other mushrooming supplies. You have to ask a pharmacist to get you cough syrup and even allergy medicine and sleep aids and must provide ID to do so. they are super serious around here about it all.

--------------------

hallucination illusion

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #20636850 - 09/29/14 06:23 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

It's the same here most of the things that are precursors for meth are ID card check at the counter to get the things behind the counter. they just have little paper tickets in the isle for the cold medicine and cough syrup. wallmart doesn't carry verm here or anything useful but fuck wallmart, one of the wallmarts is full of one kind of minority the other one is about 5 miles away with the other minority then there's market wallmarts in the white neighborhoods but the bus doesn't go there and there's no rail or any other way but getting a ride with someone so they don't have shit all over every isle and products taken out of boxes and packaging. There has got to be a store(s) within 10 miles that carry pretty much everything you need.

Why do you need a syringe. do you have a print? you can make an inoculation loop and put the spores to a "grain petri" dish or if you don't have a pressure cooker make brf agar "paste agar" then transfer clean growth to another one in a SAB. then use that clean growth to inoculate your cake grows using a lid with just gas exchange, Place a wedge under the lid then put the lid back on. Worth with what you have if you really don't have a single place to go.

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

#20636897 - 09/29/14 06:29 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

i'm just going to order spore syringes but now i have to wait SOOOOOOOOOO much longer, and its really pissing me off. If i could have started about two weeks ago i may have been fruiting sometime in November if it all went right (from what i understand about cultures and the whole process 6-8 weeks is reasonable to fruit from live culture may be wrong still very new.)

--------------------

hallucination illusion

Edited by deagonx (09/29/14 08:16 PM)

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20639210 - 09/30/14 08:56 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deagonx said:
the whole process 6-8 weeks is reasonable to fruit from live culture may be wrong still very new.)

you're right.

use the time you have to read mush cult :thumbup:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: few more questions [Re: filthyknees]
    #20639261 - 09/30/14 09:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks! :laugh: I've been lurking reading every topic that sounds relevant to my situation and most that don't lol I figure there are probably little bits of information everywhere and will help me build my own method and processes. I'm currently compiling a method and just going to try it and see how it works out for me. I'm no stranger to science, but I wouldn't assume I know everything. Especially when I know very little about mycology.

--------------------

hallucination illusion

Offlinepawnzy
That Guy

Re: few more questions [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20639755 - 09/30/14 11:29 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
Quote:

deagonx said:
cause of drug addicts.

That's one of the reasons why they do indeed sell them. Better to have people using new needles/syringes than reusing and sharing old ones.

depends if your state intends on essentially legalizing drugs or carrying on the war

Offlinedeagonx
Genius Queen
Female

Re: few more questions [Re: pawnzy]
    #20640564 - 09/30/14 02:43 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

its really weird, medical marijuana is legal here but all that is strictly watched. and everything else is basically forbidden in any form.

--------------------

hallucination illusion

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: few more questions *DELETED* [Re: pawnzy]
    #20641118 - 09/30/14 04:59 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder