Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice
    #20593503 - 09/20/14 04:38 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

So far i have my water heating up to the proper temp. And i have my thermostat in and waiting to get to about 78 dergrees.
Once the water is at the proper temp. I take the jars and make sure that the lids are tight with the foil on them and put them into the container.

Question is i believe that i wait 3 weeks once they are in there, and once a week open the jars for fresh air.
When do i put the spores into the jar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Crazygunner101]
    #20593543 - 09/20/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

you inoculate your jars after they have cooled down from the sterilizing process, then leave the foil off and leave them alone to colonize

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineMycologustkiddin
iNoCuLaToR
Male

#20593576 - 09/20/14 04:52 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Don't open your jars until your ready to birth your cakes. It does not need "fresh air exchange" (FAE) it needs "gas exchange" (GE). Put your lids on but leave them lose + add foil or whatever your tek consists of; and possible add a micro pore filter on your lids.
There are tons of technics on this site and I suggest sticking to one, step by step until you get a feel for it and start understanding more about mycology/microbiology

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Mycologustkiddin]
    #20593612 - 09/20/14 04:59 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mycologustkiddin said:
Don't open your jars until your ready to birth your cakes. It does not need "fresh air exchange" (FAE) it needs "gas exchange" (GE). Put your lids on but leave them lose + add foil or whatever your tek consists of; and possible add a micro pore filter on your lids.
There are tons of technics on this site and I suggest sticking to one, step by step until you get a feel for it and start understanding more about mycology/microbiology

So what you are saying once the box sitting on top of the water, let the thermostat reach 78 degrees and then put all 12 jars in with the lids loose with foil ontop of them for 3 weeks, and after the 3 weeks is up add spores?

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice *DELETED* [Re: Crazygunner101]
    #20593627 - 09/20/14 05:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20593634 - 09/20/14 05:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

leave the foil off! it's only for the sterilizing process jsut knock them up and stick them on a shelf somewhere dont' fuss about temps or a sterile enviroment and all that just knock them up and wait

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20593695 - 09/20/14 05:19 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I guess im just confused i order a midwest grow kit and spores and the jars came seal with foil on them and the link that you sent me was very long and different then what came to me ready to go, in a way. I have 12 jars sealed and with foil and it says to put them in a container resting on 78 degree water for 3 weeks, im guessing i put the spores in them and let them sit.

Everything i got and jars allready packed are in the photos above

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20593702 - 09/20/14 05:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yes knock them up with your spores first, remove the foil, then leave them to colonize which is roughly 3 weeks from first growth

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: cronicr]
    #20593766 - 09/20/14 05:36 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
yes knock them up with your spores first, remove the foil, then leave them to colonize which is roughly 3 weeks from first growth

I guess that i ordered 6 syringes and 3 different stains was a little much since i only have 12 mason jars 8oz jars. Since this is different how much do you recommenced cc wise put in each hole 4 holes per jar 1cc per hole?

Also once everything is the right temperature should i follow that link with making a almost perfect environment to inject the spores?

[image][/image]

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice *DELETED* [Re: Crazygunner101]
    #20593813 - 09/20/14 05:49 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20593847 - 09/20/14 05:57 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

So take a small nail and poke 4 holes in the top make a square type deal and stick the syringe into each hole down into the mixture and the end of the needle against the glass and inject 1/4cc. These are 8oz jars how far into the mixture should i inject the needle?

Also the environment to do this does in need to be constructed as in the link above with gloves and masks and what have you>?

Also i have water in a bin with a heater going to get the box floating on top with a thermostat in it up to about 78 degrees does this sounds about right for when i have the jars injected leave them for 3 weeks? With lids on and foil ontop of the lid with the holes in  it?

InvisibleNumeroEno
I come from the land of lizards
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge Flag
    #20594033 - 09/20/14 06:35 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't understand what all this talk of 78 degrees is. Are you using an incubator? That's unnecessary.  I'm guessing the jars are pre sterilized if they came in a kit, but I dunno.

--------------------

:gd_icon:  Let it grow! Let it grow! Greatly yield!  :gd_icon:
What shall we say, shall we call it by a name
As well to count the angels dancing on a pin
Water bright as the sky from which it came
And the name is on the earth that takes it in

DOG FOOD AGAR

MY ELECTRIC INOCULATION LOOP

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: NumeroEno]
    #20594069 - 09/20/14 06:40 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/pdf/Ultimate_Kit_setup_guide-MGK12.pdf

you can see what i am talking about in this guide

also
this is what i picked up

http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/grow-kits.html

Ultimate Mushroom Growing & Incubator kit

Offlineinvitro

#20594249 - 09/20/14 07:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

That's an incubator, but what is the normal daytime/nighttime temp at your place?  If it's 75/65F then you don't need an incubator.  The incubator does not automatically regulate itself for temperature so if you have a warm day and your house heats up then your jars heat up and die before you even know it.  I'd ditch the incubator and let them colonize on a shelf with some light.

Edited by invitro (09/20/14 07:30 PM)

OfflineMdahmer
Aloysius devadander abercrombie
Male User Gallery

#20594265 - 09/20/14 07:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

i would forget most of what that grow kit instructions said. they are usually outdated or just wrong and say crazy stuff to make everything sound easier than it is.

make a SAB but dont tape the gloves to the side like in that link. just search for these things if you need to its just a plastic tote with 2 arm holes. read about how to use it.

everyones been trying to tell you you do not need to incubate the jars in that tub in tub setup the kit came with. they colonize fine at room temp (68-78) and incubators can just fuck you up anyway and are a pain in the ass and the jars will do better with ambient light.

then you inject your spores and wait. sit jars with no foil on them on a shelf. they should have a dry verm barrier in the top 1/2" of the jar to protect from contams. after they are 100% white (colonized) waitg another week to let the cake do its thing.

then birth, do the dunk and roll, and fruit in a shotgun fruiting chamber. you can make one out of the tub they sent you.

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Mdahmer]
    #20594456 - 09/20/14 08:10 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mdahmer said:
i would forget most of what that grow kit instructions said. they are usually outdated or just wrong and say crazy stuff to make everything sound easier than it is.

make a SAB but dont tape the gloves to the side like in that link. just search for these things if you need to its just a plastic tote with 2 arm holes. read about how to use it.

everyones been trying to tell you you do not need to incubate the jars in that tub in tub setup the kit came with. they colonize fine at room temp (68-78) and incubators can just fuck you up anyway and are a pain in the ass and the jars will do better with ambient light.

then you inject your spores and wait. sit jars with no foil on them on a shelf. they should have a dry verm barrier in the top 1/2" of the jar to protect from contams. after they are 100% white (colonized) waitg another week to let the cake do its thing.

then birth, do the dunk and roll, and fruit in a shotgun fruiting chamber. you can make one out of the tub they sent you.

I live in Washington State Seattle area. So what if the jars came without dry verm barrier since they were made up already? do i take it apart and put 1/2in in with it? or open it and inspect it? i dont want to mess this up or go through the process of pressure cooking and going through all of that. I put my thermostat in my closet and it at 76.8 atm im thinking the closet my be a good area if i vear away from the water and tub idea. Idk i get scared since im a noob

OfflineCrazygunner101
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20594467 - 09/20/14 08:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Crazygunner101 said:
Quote:

Mdahmer said:

I live in Washington State Seattle area. So what if the jars came without dry verm barrier since they were made up already? do i take it apart and put 1/2in in with it? or open it and inspect it? i dont want to mess this up or go through the process of pressure cooking and going through all of that. I put my thermostat in my closet and it at 76.8 atm im thinking the closet my be a good area if i vear away from the water and tub idea. Idk i get scared since im a noob

So i should go out and rigg together a tub set up to do all the sterile work in and then just take the jars without foil but with holes in the lids and put them right on the shelf?

OfflineMdahmer
Aloysius devadander abercrombie
Male User Gallery

#20594473 - 09/20/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

what kind of lids are on the jars? is there some kind of filter material over a hole on them? and/or an injection port?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: NEWBIE HERE. Have everything just not advice [Re: Mdahmer]
    #20594483 - 09/20/14 08:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I would just start over and grow the right way and read a good time tested TEK and follow it to the T. The let's grow mushrooms video PF tek is good or evilmushroom666's pf tek is good as well. Find both of them in the first link in my signature.

colonize at room temp.
ditch the incubator
light is good for mushrooms at all stages
take the foil off of your jars

Offlineel-legesh
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#20594518 - 09/20/14 08:27 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

That grow kit is expensive as hell

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract