Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastern coast, USA Flag
Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics
    #20592571 - 09/20/14 12:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, so I recently inoculated this jar with self healing injection ports and filters, and it's already showing signs of growth. Weather that growth is wanted or not is my question. I searched the forums with tons of relative questions, but none that really satisfied the curiosity of my situation. The tiny black dots in the picture are what I assume to be spores, as the syringe was LOADED with them. Here's the picture.

--------------------
"In nature, there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are consequences" - Robert Greene Ingersoll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: starsky7]
    #20592629 - 09/20/14 12:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

This is a picture after I gave it a bit of a twirl.

--------------------
"In nature, there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are consequences" - Robert Greene Ingersoll

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: starsky7] * 1
    #20594023 - 09/20/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Can someone please help with this question?! over 20 views not one post. Pleae Help!

--------------------

Edited by starsky7 (09/20/14 06:35 PM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #20594417 - 09/20/14 08:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

first of all don't double post. second of all don't bump your thread within 24 hours. and third of all LC fucking sucks, you CANNOT tell if a LC is good by visual inspection you need to inoculate a test jar and see if that colonizes fine before using your LC on your grow unless you want to roll the dice.

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
    #20594424 - 09/20/14 08:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

So far so good.  Black dots are indeed spores. Don't shake/swirl it again until you're ready to use. About 7-10 days from the day you made it. You want a nice clean looking "cloud."
Post pics before you use it and I'll tell you what i think.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: azur]
    #20594493 - 09/20/14 08:22 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
So far so good.  Black dots are indeed spores. Don't shake/swirl it again until you're ready to use. About 7-10 days from the day you made it. You want a nice clean looking "cloud."
Post pics before you use it and I'll tell you what i think.

Thanks so much man. I really appreciate it.

--------------------

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #20594888 - 09/20/14 09:55 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

azur, why don't u shake it before 7-10 days?  I'm curious what ur thought process is there.  you use them more than i do though, so maybe u have some insight i don't have.

u cannot see mold in an LC, but bacteria will make it cloudy.

i agree with azur that u should wait at least 7-10 days to use.  BUT, depending on ur nutrient ratio, it can be a tough call.
if ur LC is not fully colonized (which again is another hard call with an LC) u will be injecting not only live mycelium, but uncolonized sugars, into ur grains jars.  the simple sugars u undoubtably made ur LC with, when left exposed in a grain jar. are fair game for mycelium, as well as latent mold and bacteria.
in a weird way, it is similar to spawning grain jars that are at 95% to bulk.  yes, it seems unlikely to pose a problem, but, that 5% of grain that is not colonized, is now a nutrient source for anything present.  we can only hope the mycelium is fast enough to grab it.  same goes for an LC IMO, since sterilization is a relative term.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20594931 - 09/20/14 10:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't shake it so it grows:shrug:
LC with spores are indeed a coin toss. I'd say a good 50/50 if you aren't the one who made the print. If you did make the print and you were clean when making it and the room it was made in was clean and your sub was clean and yada yada yada, your chances are much higher. Agar to lc is the best way. And with agar to lc i have over 90% success rate. I make a lot of lc and if one looks the slightest bit iffy, i toss it (The 10%). The more lc you use, the better feel you get looking at it. And if op does get bacteria, he'll still get fruits and then he can go to agar.
A few months ago a contaminated lc got by me and royally fucked me. But agar got me right back again. Until this past time, it had been many years since an lc slipped by me.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #20594972 - 09/20/14 10:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

so if u had a magnetic spin plate (i do not), you would think that would slow it down?
whether myc is in liquid or grain or bulk, it does need GE.  I'm just wondering if u think that matters or not.
i used to not swirl my LC's...but recently i have.  TBH its been oysters, and i have seen faster growth with that, rather than letting it sit.  but like i said, my LC use is pretty limited.  so i really don't wanna say for sure its helping.  but at least for oysters, swirling it has made growth in an LC suspension quicker.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20595141 - 09/20/14 10:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

GE is absolutely necessary. I don't have any balls or stirrers in mine. I can't recall the last time i shook an lc before a week. So...i can't fully comment. I'm down to try it though. I'll be making some in 2 weeks as mine are going empty.
On a side note, I've also had fantastic results putting an inside piece of fresh mushroom in an lc.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

#20596411 - 09/21/14 09:58 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
I don't shake it so it grows:shrug:
LC with spores are indeed a coin toss. I'd say a good 50/50 if you aren't the one who made the print. If you did make the print and you were clean when making it and the room it was made in was clean and your sub was clean and yada yada yada, your chances are much higher. Agar to lc is the best way. And with agar to lc i have over 90% success rate. I make a lot of lc and if one looks the slightest bit iffy, i toss it (The 10%). The more lc you use, the better feel you get looking at it. And if op does get bacteria, he'll still get fruits and then he can go to agar.
A few months ago a contaminated lc got by me and royally fucked me. But agar got me right back again. Until this past time, it had been many years since an lc slipped by me.

I just ordered 12 corning 100 mm dishes. I should have ZERO issues inoculating next LC with agar. I'm determined to work with liquid culture. I preform every possible step to keep the area clean, with 3 hepa filters running in my 400 square foot place all day (with the exception of the hour before working when i turn everything off). I Work in a bathroom with no vents or access to outside air, and then clean my glove box. So far, no sign of contam in any of my projects. *knock on wood)

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #20596419 - 09/21/14 10:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Going from agar to LC still seems like taking a step backwards to me.....

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #20596421 - 09/21/14 10:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

making a clean lc is fine if you are good at what you're doing but if you're good you can pull of g2g as well which is less risky and faster. and grain masters store better

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: azur] * 1
    #20596430 - 09/21/14 10:02 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
GE is absolutely necessary. I don't have any balls or stirrers in mine. I can't recall the last time i shook an lc before a week. So...i can't fully comment. I'm down to try it though. I'll be making some in 2 weeks as mine are going empty.
On a side note, I've also had fantastic results putting an inside piece of fresh mushroom in an lc.

DAMN! Do you have a flow hood, and did you wipe the surface down with H2O2 before sampling tissue? You must have the cleanest work space known to man. you lucky bastard.

--------------------

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: PussyFart]
    #20596440 - 09/21/14 10:05 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:

how so?

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #20596447 - 09/21/14 10:06 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

A flow hood is not needed, and wiping the outside of a fruit down with peroxide will do nothing, as we take tissue samples from the inside of the fruit.

Quote:

starsky7 said:
Quote:

PussyFart said:

how so?

You could just take the agar wedge and knock up some grain jars and then G2G them out.......I could have 100 quart jars fully colonized and ready to spawn by way of G2G transfer by the time your LC is ready to be tested.......

LC = Big waste of time.

Edited by PussyFart (09/21/14 10:07 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #20596451 - 09/21/14 10:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

agar is already a great inoculant LC is another step. Put agar in a jar and that jar will be ready by the time the LC would be ready then you can inoculate with your grain master via G2G or use that LC as inoculant. Why let the mycelium grow out in a liquid medium which is hard to diagnose when it can grow on the same medium that will be your spawn and is easy to visualize contamination. :shrug:

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20596475 - 09/21/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I like g2g. Do it often. But i keep a steady supply of lc on hand. And the jars colonize at the same rate of speed as the g2g'd ones. I can knock up lc faster than i can g2g.
Have you guys tried lc's?  Or did your daddy (RR) tell you not to and you think his word is law?

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #20596493 - 09/21/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have tried LCs.....not for me......G2G transfers are much more reliable and practical....not being able to visually tell if a LC is contaminated or not is just not my cup of tea.

To a noob, who does not already have LC on hand, and who wants the best possible success rate, he should skip LCs and look to a more promising path like agar and G2G transfers.

And my daddy's name is not RR.....

Offlinestarsky7
The Sponge
Male User Gallery

Re: Liquid culture growth beginning of day 3 w/Pics [Re: PussyFart]
    #20596524 - 09/21/14 10:23 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
A flow hood is not needed, and wiping the outside of a fruit down with peroxide will do nothing, as we take tissue samples from the inside of the fruit.

Quote:

starsky7 said:
Quote:

PussyFart said:

how so?

You could just take the agar wedge and knock up some grain jars and then G2G them out.......I could have 100 quart jars fully colonized and ready to spawn by way of G2G transfer by the time your LC is ready to be tested.......

LC = Big waste of time.

"and wiping the outside of a fruit down with peroxide will do nothing, as we take tissue samples from the inside of the fruit."
You're entirely wrong here. unwanted spores and other contaminants can land on the fruit during the growth, or drying process. the purpose of wiping the outside down is to keep any contam from being pushed into the sample area when you're cutting the fruit. And While agar is fine to inoculate jars with, if you properly inoculate LC jars, the possibility of inoculating several jars with liquid mycelium has it's benefits as well. Saying LC sucks is your opinion. Lemme find out if it's for me and stop hatin on everything. THANKS.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures