Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMonkeysuckerpunch
Stranger
Quick and easy Agar question
    #20583961 - 09/18/14 02:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all, I followed Pastywhyte's "Easy" Agar Tek.  This is a quick question because I think it's a great tek and have had success with it so far.  Where I changed from his original post is that I used agar (red), extra light malt extract and nutritional yeast.

For starters, here is a pic from the underside showing the bits of agar spread out on the bottom:

Here's where I'm not sure if I did it right, check the depth:

Is that too much per dish?  I went ahead and dropped some old, poorly-stored spores on them just to see if they had any life.  They are growing, but they don't look nice and ropey or even that nice and fuzzy, just sort of blob-ular.

I also decided to purposely contaminate a dish and see how fast -that- would grow.  So I took the lid off and left it to the open air for a bit, coughed on it for good measure, and put the top back on.  On that dish there are a hundred different pinprick spots that haven't grown into much so far.

So, can too much depth of agar solution slow growth?  Or was it just my old spores?  I'm getting new syringes soon, maybe the young healthy spores will fare better?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Your mom's vag
Re: Quick and easy Agar question [Re: Monkeysuckerpunch]
    #20584025 - 09/18/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The only thing depth affects is how quickly agar will eventually dry out.

--------------------
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.....                     

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

:havesomescience:

OfflineMonkeysuckerpunch
Stranger
Re: Quick and easy Agar question [Re: maddchef]
    #20588807 - 09/19/14 02:27 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

That's awesome, great weight off my mind!
Thanks maddchef!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder