Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: Maverick]
    #20580695 - 09/17/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've never owned an ATI card, nor have I ever had an nvidia card fail since I was 14, I'm nearly 30 now. Not sure about how the newer cards perform though. I upgrades my 760ti to a 780, but don't need to go any higher at the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: LordSenate]
    #20580785 - 09/17/14 06:37 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-official-msrp-299-nonreference-models-retail-329349/

The 970 is more power efficient and comes with 2more GB's of vRam
the 980 is 10-15% faster then the 780 ti

but at this point if you have a better 970 you're going to hit 60 frames locked with maybe a minor tick down
I don't know if I can hold back, I don't think theyll throw in a game but my mobo is like 95 degree Fahrenheit at all times and this thing is only going to use 175watts

soo iffecient!! :yuno:

Also Nvidia might be holding out on these still
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-previewing-20nm-maxwell-architecture-unified-memory-architecture-gtc-2014-demo-upcoming-geforce-driver/

might not be a good idea to buy a graphics card yet, if these ones will gain the pro's of the console games

Edited by Konyap (09/17/14 10:02 PM)

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: Konyap]
    #20590402 - 09/19/14 09:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The 980 GTX looks impressive, I wonder what will happen in the next 4 months.  AMD will either release something that's less power consuming and competes and nvidia will release a Ti version.  I do like the look of performances of 980's in SLI along with their power consumption.

I've got 13 noctua pressure optimized 140mm fans for radiators and two radiators, an XT45 Alphracool radiator 560mm by 140mm, and a UT60 60mm thick 420mm by 140mm radiator. I need to get some dust filters custom made by DEMCIFilter.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: Maverick]
    #20591238 - 09/20/14 12:40 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

980s all the way!! AMD will not be able to best Nvidia in power consumption. Nvidia pwns the performance per watt tech, and Maxwell is even more efficient than Kepler was. The Ti will be sweet as shit, if they make one.. but I hear the 980 is fully unlocked

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: Shroomism]
    #20591246 - 09/20/14 12:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

all tests now have been reference models afaik

so ultrauberdanknug-clocked 6-8gb models are yet to come and I think they will put out some sick scores on the 4k front in sli

power consumption is a big deal these days on laptop/mobile (i know ya won't admit it but apple$$$ has a lot to do w/ it, particularly with threats to abandon intel)

am really curious what kind of battery life some broadwell/maxwell lappies will yield

:stoned:

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #20591261 - 09/20/14 12:46 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

hells yes, I want one

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: Shroomism]
    #20591269 - 09/20/14 12:48 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Nvidia has never failed me.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: LordSenate]
    #20591280 - 09/20/14 12:51 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yeah me either. I still have a working 8600GT from 2007, I sold all my older cards. I'm running a 660Ti now, so a 970 or 980 uberomg would be a nice upgrade.
There's nothing inherent with Nvidia or AMD cards that has a higher or lower failure rate.. unless they run hot as shit and fry it.. on average though only like 1-2% or less fail under normal use.
The difference is Nvidia for me has always had more stable and reliable drivers/software in general, and I've never been dissatisfied with any card I've had really

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20591308 - 09/20/14 01:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
hells yes, I want one

it's a good time to upgrade to a 980 methinks, i hope i can still get a reasonable cash payout on a gtx 680, as it would not disappoint a 1080p gamer in most scenarios (mine is 2gb though)

i'd be happy w/ a 4gb w/ option to upgrade to sli as i suspect i'll truck along at 1440p awhile and really don't see 4k in my immediate future...

any idea what i should ask for? i could sell either my evga 670 ftw 2gb one in my one rig or my 680 galaxy reference 2gb in my other :shrug:

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #20591320 - 09/20/14 01:05 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

970 and 980 only come in 4gb

last year they said maxwell was 20nm and it had virtual unified memory

this year it's 28 but they have all these other techs to get ultra and highframes without slow down from AA
and even built in down scaling

for a 1440p monitor get a 980 definitely it's not much better then a 780 ti actually but it's newer, cooler etc.

thats like 3k gaming right thurr
there are benchmarks for 4k gaming with anywhere between two to three 980's

personally i have a 1080p monitor so getting a 970 now is best
if g sync ever takes off I'll buy something like the 980 when it's lower in price point or I wont' even need it for 1440p

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20591326 - 09/20/14 01:06 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

The difference is Nvidia for me has always had more stable and reliable drivers/software in general, and I've never been dissatisfied with any card I've had really

Sometimes the drivers support some specific graphics effects too that AMD do not.

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20591329 - 09/20/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I had a 660ti and upgraded to a 780 since I had busted my hdmi port on my 660ti. I may have tried amd if Nvidia had ever let me down but not once has that ever happened.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20591372 - 09/20/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

To me NVIDIA is a way bigger deal on the laptop front, if I could totally get away with it I'd just do the intel iris IGPU on the lappy.... but it's not quite there.... yet... someday though I might say fuck the discrete all together.  Ain't gonna happen on the desktop though....

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20591419 - 09/20/14 01:44 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I was trying to wait until I had a bit more money so I could get a laptop with a dedicated card. I gave my i7 with the mobile nvidia card to my cousin and planned to get one for myself later. I ended up just getting an i5 that was a decent speed and suited some of my gaming needs for 400$. I chalked it up to forcing me to spend less time on the computer when I'm out and about.. In my head I know the truth. I'm poor right now.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#20591433 - 09/20/14 01:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

worry not, being fully autonomous (iirr) is worth the gear pizzazz setbacks :cheers: go get laid while you're still young :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#20591443 - 09/20/14 01:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

For sure, I'm coming to term with that fact. And I'm not worried about getting laid, that's easy. The hard part is actually going out and doing stuff, given my circumstances (would take a while to elaborate). Anyhow, I've been doing really good, just got the laptop mainly for vacations.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #20591701 - 09/20/14 05:51 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LordSenate said:
Nvidia has never failed me.

I had my original Riva 128 (nvidia's first 2d/3d card evarz) until about 4 years ago when I finallu ditched my house full of old computer hoarder equipment.

It was pretty awesome for its day.  Of course my 3dfx voodoo still did 3d better and faster, but the riva was both cards in one (like all cards are today).

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: FINALLY building an over-the-line over-priced enthusiast machine! [Re: mndfreeze]
    #20593521 - 09/20/14 04:42 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I had both of those too.... used to buy them from electronic boutique in the mall :lol:, has been a long time since you could waltz out of a game store with a new graphics card.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #20625431 - 09/27/14 11:41 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Gettin' the watercooling set up.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20625499 - 09/27/14 12:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sick :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale