Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

Loc: Metro City, USA
Re: Day z standalone [Re: Shroomism]
    #20524844 - 09/05/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Have you tried out the Epoch mod yet? It's like a different game almost, in the best possible way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Day z standalone [Re: Biodiversity]
    #20524905 - 09/05/14 03:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Best 30 bucks you can spend on Steam, IMO, considering Arma 3 is twice the price.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Day z standalone [Re: Kilgore Trout]
    #20525118 - 09/05/14 05:06 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Nah I don't have time for games :shakefist:

--------------------

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20534231 - 09/07/14 04:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I went ahead and purchased the game though I've been having quite a lot of trouble.

I am not able to move my mouse normally in the menu and  tab screen. I have to keep clicking to update the position of the cursor.
I looked up this problem and a lot of people suggested changing my display settings. I've tried it at 100%,125%,150%, the problem still remains.

The first time I tried playing this game, I restarted the computer and somehow when I went back into the game it was normal, relatively decent picture and I could use my mouse. No longer is this the case, even the picture quality is less than great. So far this game is really difficult to enjoy.

I am on a dell 17r laptop with i5 core, my video card isn't the greatest but it should be playing the game better than it is currently I think.
DO I need a 900$ Gaming tower to play this game.

All in all

Bullshit.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #20534529 - 09/07/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What do you mean you can't move the mouse normally in the menu? Like you mean it lags or what?

You don't NEED a $900 gaming tower to play DayZ, although it doesn't hurt. You do need a decent CPU and GPU.
You are running a laptop with integrated graphics, there is no discrete GPU..
If you even want to play the game you are probably going to need to turn all the GAME settings to low / medium settings to make it playable, that laptop CPU is not really good for 3D gaming. But it should be playable if you lower all the settings.

--------------------

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20534747 - 09/07/14 06:18 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeh, my laptop setup isn't too bad, but probably could be A LOT better.

I think I fixed it soon after I made that post, I changed the Resolution in the DayZ file. I can move the mouse and the graphics look a lot better.

I just might have to get a more advanced tower in the near future to get the most out of this game, though in the mean time it is bearable/ not too bad for me to play with.

--------------------

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20535031 - 09/07/14 07:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So far it's more fun watching the videos on youtube.

Playing this, to me it just seems like a running/hiking simulator, its way too difficult to get around or even know where you are going.
Can I at least get a fucking scooter!

I found a military base once, thought I was getting somewhere but was soon just killed off by some p.o.s.

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#20535072 - 09/07/14 07:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It's not for everyone.

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20548694 - 09/10/14 03:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've been liking it more and more.

I was stacked with good weapons and ammo from a small army base until I bled out to death after not being able to get any rags or bandages.

Right now I am having issues finding a working server that isn't for 'Experimental/testing'(I can get into those).  In the Host column on the change servers page, all the regular servers have a red X instead of a green dot.  When I click on these I get ' Confirmation Changes - Bad Version, server rejected connection.

I've look up the problem on google and searched multiple sources for different suggestions, non of which worked. Though that did lead me to run a update on the game through steam just last night. Is it that the servers just haven't updated yet or does it sound like I need to configure something on the computer?

I've experienced this problem before but it usually fixed it self after restarting the game.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

--------------------

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20549106 - 09/10/14 04:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I think I got it, I went into steam, properties, beta and switched it "None,opt out of beta' to 'experimental preview testing'.

It then went ahead with another update and now the servers are green dots.

I do have one more question, Sometimes when you go into a server it isn't your saved character from before and can't get out of first person view. What is this- Will most servers have me continue my characters life ?

Thanks team

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20549167 - 09/10/14 04:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hardcore or first person only servers have a different character than the one you play in first/third optional servers.  You can sort between those in the server list.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Day z standalone [Re: idiotek]
    #20615665 - 09/25/14 06:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

There have been a few notable updates in the last month or so that are worth bringing up for those of you who have been waiting for a reason to play again.  We still don't have vehicles and there are still bugs and stuff but it's a lot better than it was.

This was taken from the Official Dev Blog:

Quote:

Status Report - Week of 15 Sept 14
posted on September 17, 2014

Security.

This is the topic of this week’s status report. As we move forward with development on DayZ past 0.49 and into 0.50 this is one of our primary focuses. Throughout our Alpha and Beta phases the core engine that powers DayZ is created. During this process new engine functions are introduced, deprecated functions are removed, and the general nature of how a great deal of systems operate can completely change. Within normal closed development this would not be an issue, however developing DayZ in the open and updating the primary branch with any reliable frequency can leave us vulnerable at times.

Individuals focused on identifying, and exploiting vulnerabilities during the development process -will- find holes. No amount of closed testing within a time scale that allows us to update the primary branch with reliable frequency, and keep to our target of a two to three year development cycle will stop this. However, Early Access does offer us an unparalleled opportunity to identify, and address potential vulnerabilities with how DayZ functions prior to the 1.0 that traditionally we would never have. Vigilance as these vulnerabilities are identified, and addressing them is critical to the stability of DayZ 1.0, and will serve to make the final product that much more of an enjoyable experience.

That said, over the next month these are our security goals.

Purge of the stable branch hive
        The intent here is to purge existing large volume magazines and legacy items from the economy
    Working with BattlEye to deploy a new, more comprehensive method of detection
    Closer collaboration between our internal hacks/exploit team and VAC
    Addressing at an engine level current methods of rapid player position updates
    Rolling out private shards for player rented servers with our game server provider partners
        Private shard servers will offer the additional protection of server administrator level bans, password protection for private shard servers, and whitelist support

As 0.49 rolls out to stable branch today, the most obvious change with this update (aside from the stable hive purge) is the move of the initial persistence feature for rented DayZ servers to an opt-in selection with each game server provider. Given that consumer data, and player storage is such a valuable and key feature to DayZ, and still very early we want to ensure that the system is a physical choice each game server administrator makes. While this system is refined, each game server provider operates a last known good fail-safe for servers opting in to persistence that will restore the storage from the last successful startup in the event of any unforeseen failure. Moving forward into 0.50, we intend to move persistence from this opt in system to all stable branch servers.
- Brian Hicks / Producer

Chris / Lead Artist
"Character Art:

Since my last report, we wrapped up on bugfixing some of the character art (for now anyways) and began working on medical scrubs, a prison uniform, and some new women’s clothing. Yes, soon you will be able to don a skirt as you mow down zombies, fulfilling that weird fantasy we all have.  Work continues on the new civilian zombie and so far it’s looking quite nice. I’m looking forward to getting some feedback from the fans about him.

Vehicles:

The base vehicle model will be finished this week and we have begun working on the various parts which players will need to find in order to repair and maintain a working vehicle.

Weapons:

We’re polishing up the AKS74U and the SVD of old, since we’re closing in on a centralized economy to regulate the number of them on the map.  The MP133 and Lever action are waiting on sounds. A new weapon you can expect in the not-to-distant future is a Steyr AUG. One of my favorites."

Standup Notes for the week of 15 Sept 14

Art:

Prison uniform
    Medical Scrubs
    Female clothing
    AKS74U and SVD polishing
    Steyr AUG model
    Civilian Airfield structures
    Leather craft able items
    Vehicle components

Design:

Bugfixing
    Vehicle component & servicing design
    Implementation of waterproof containers
    Design on snares/traps
    Implementation of drowning on player
    Implementation of prototype wildlife trap

Animation:

Various reload animations polishing
    Rifle aim walks in progress
    MP133 reload animations
    Zombie movement design & prototyping
    Motion capture session
    MP133 reload config

Programming:

Bugfixing
    Server/Client crash triage
    Door reimplementation & bugfixing
    Game control redesign implementation
    Remote player movement enhancements
    Security triage
    Security on player location updates
    Zombie behavior & AI
    Sound-over-network enhancements & optimization
    Player respawn/connecting fixes

I noticed that they had done a quick update yesterday as well and it seemed to be a fix for "persistent items" and some ragdoll issues causing server crashes and stuff.  They also changed the map a little bit but didn't say exactly how, though I did notice that the barracks in Balota Airfield were replaced by shelled ruins.  The tents below Balota were also relocated during the previous, bigger update.  High end military gear seems a bit harder to get.  Helicopter crashes are still spawning western Military gear like M4's and so forth.  The persistence thing evidently means that you can now find tents and deploy them to store gear, but with that goes the potential for strangers to find your camp and loot it as well.  That's my limited understanding of it, anyway.

There is also the matter of maintaining or regulating your body temperature.  They have assigned certain values to each item of clothing that pertains to insulation, etc, and you can actually become hyper or hypothermic, though it seems to take some time.  If you get wet, you begin to get cold faster, especially if you aren't wearing waterproof clothing.  Finding matches and making fires to cook food (you can now hunt and fish for meat, so keep those knives you might normally pass up so you can field dress your kill) is also possible, as well as getting warm and dry from those fires when you start getting too cold.

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20619827 - 09/25/14 10:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I saw that they're going to start adding bears and other animals that can attack you.  I can't wait for the vehicles come out, I want a dirt bike so bad.  It would also be cool to be able to skateboard like in the tony hawk series to kill down time.  Though I could see dying after going down three stairs.... I also hear they're going to add in drugs ! Like dime bags of cannabis.  Also you'll be able to get seeds to grow different plants.

They should map out the stars to how they really appear in the sky, and maybe make it so you can build your own house out in the woods.

A helicopter would be cool too.

I've been having trouble finding supplies recently, everything is looted. I don't normally try to server hop too much, when I do its late into the night, but still everything has been opened and looted.

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#20620160 - 09/25/14 11:50 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure they'll implement pedal bikes first. That's a pretty common "vehicle" in the mod, so it would make sense if it would be the first implemented into standalone.

Some of the things listed in your post can be done in the Arma 2 mod version, or original, incarnation of DayZ. (Base building, helicopters and many other vehicles, an in-game economy run by AI "traders" that you can buy and sell loot and resources with.)

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20620392 - 09/26/14 07:22 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Server resets no longer mean that all doors are closed so a lot of places will appear looted at first glance but end up still having stuff.  I think they also improved the loot spawn system to work adequately without being so easily abused like it was when they first implemented that feature.  It does seem as though loot isn't nearly as plentiful as it was, but that's good, I've had a lot more friendly encounters with other survivors because we didn't have guns so there wasn't that "kill on sight" mentality.

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20633445 - 09/28/14 11:29 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I thinking Arma2 may have been a better choice, I see it is only 9.95 on Gamesrocket.
I may get it at some point, as of now it looks a lot more fun to play.

Currently I am really am not seeing the appeal of SA, I didn't even know that there were other
similar games already out when I bought SA. W/ Arma-II, All of the weapons availability and different
vehicles really appeal to me, I don't like running around for an hour only to find basic
weapons and minimal ammo in SA.    I could be wrong, but the user base in Arma-II seems better too.
At least w/ arma it seems easier to get geared up and start playing the game, dying wouldn't be too much
of a pain because it wouldn't be so painstakingly difficult to get geared up again. 

It will be interesting how SA turns out and how it ends up comparing to Arma2 when it's finally finished (2016???)
Though I feel SA is trying to go in a different direction,  more of a survival game than a interactive war game.

So far I've put too much time in SA, and more than half of the time I've been just running around looking for weapons.

--------------------

InvisibleKilgore Trout
Yachts on the reg

#20633548 - 09/28/14 11:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

You have to understand and accept that SA is a work in progress, being built from the ground up completely separate from Arma II. It will obviously surpass the mod version at some point, but until then, consider your purchase an investment for the future of gaming. Once SA is fully released, let alone out of alpha, it will blow any competition out of the water.

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20633811 - 09/29/14 02:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I am hanging up this game for a long time.

Giant waste of time, the zombie glitches just topped it off. The worst part is I get hit by zombies when they don't even come close to touching me, apparently they don't even have to be in the same room and still inflict damage.  They can even inflict damage when I am in a closed off house and there on the outside.  I just died because some "ghost zombie'(I couldn't even see it) beat me to death after developing my character for a very long time. 

Metaphysical zombies can go through walls and hit me without touching me but I can't even shoot them through a window that isn't broken out ? I doubt they'll be able to fix all of these glitches. I'd be surprised if this game ever gets out of its alpha stage. That's how I feel, but what do  I know, I hope I am wrong if that matters.

I am sorry for complaining/bitching, but my attitude now is 'fuck this game'.  I'll comeback to it in 2 months or so, if I am not busy playing arma-II. As of now, no more video games. I think I've had this game for a little more than 3 weeks and have already logged in 131 hours(5 1/2 days :puke: ), I don't know if that's accurate, but I find that really disturbing. 90% of my time playing has been exploring the map and trying to find gear...  Maybe this is all for the best but I am still annoyed with these glitches, I think they're worse than the bandits and hackers combined(at least I can mostly avoid them).

Edit: I just read that arma2 had 10 years of constant engine development.

I don't know what Dayz SA is going to be like when it's completed, but I don't have the time or patience for it now. 

Edited by Biodiversity (09/29/14 03:18 AM)

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#20633938 - 09/29/14 04:31 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Arma 2, LOL.  That game is horrible.  The DayZ mod for it is ok, just make sure you get DayZ Commander to help you manage the addons and shit you'll have to download in order to play it with ease.  The mod is fun enough but you'd be better off spending $60 and getting Arma 3 because it's a thousand times better.  Arma 2 looks and plays like shit after you've played either SA or Arma 3.

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

#20637141 - 09/29/14 07:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestion.

ArmA-3 looks like it has a lot of stuff to do and interact with.

Sorry for the rage.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies