Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineaciddrop
Lich King
Male

Loc: Hell
Coming back from my first bad trip.
    #20504268 - 09/01/14 12:44 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well I learned a valuable lesson today and that is if you're not "feeling it" or had a negative work week, don't take mushrooms. Yes, I'm a noob because this was only my second trip but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where I went wrong. This was the absolute opposite from my first experience, which was totally amazing.

The first time around my wife and I enjoyed a level 3 trip playing mario cart together and it was the most beautiful and blissful experience I had ever felt in my entire life. Playing that game with her made me so happy because it wasn't even about the race, it was the adventure that we embarked on together through the beautiful landscapes of each world. We talked about how the different colors we were seeing applied to us and how they made us feel happy for hours. We touched on some really deep feelings and how we could essentially be better people by changing our diets and how to stop being so negative. Overall it was a magical journey into heaven.

After the weekend was over, we had to go to work. I really tried to embrace this new found happiness and not let things get to me like they have been. This week we ended up getting a new manager and it seemed like it was his personal mission whether he knew it or not to fuck everyone's routine up and make everybody miserable. I always liked the guy but he singled me out this week and we had a really heated conversation with each other. This made me feel like total shit and seeing the stuff he was doing to everyone made me feel even worse. I just wanted to be happy and this asshole couldn't leave me be.

So anyways, the weekend rolled around again and I decided to do mushrooms again. I wanted to revisit adventure time with my wife and let go of all the negativity that was put on me throughout the week. Before I took them, I had a gut feeling like everything was going to be bad. I ignored this because I thought I could push this out of my mind and let go of it.

When I started to peek everything felt so swoomy. We were playing the volcano level on mario cart and for some reason it started scaring me and making me feel really uncomfortable. Then I couldn't focus any more and for some reason I started to fight the trip. No matter what I thought I couldn't let go of the dread that I was feeling and everything was making me feel uncomfortable. My vision was out of focus and I was red, green, and purple at the same time. There was this darkness surrounded me and I felt that this menacing ethereal mass wanted to consume me. I was loosing control. The only thought and salvation I had was that I knew this would all pass and I had to ride it.

I know this is something that can't be controlled and maybe experiencing this is what the mushroom was trying to teach me. When I started coming back I was able to think somewhat clear again as long as I ate bread and listened to the jazz music that plays at the end of each race. I talked through everything that I was feeling with my wife and I ended up crying. She was very understanding and helped me through it. I learned that mushrooms are not meant to be seen as an escape. They are here to help us become better people. The lesson that mushrooms taught me today was that there is no winner in a fight and to be the confrontational person that I have been at work is wrong. If I am to be a happy person, I need to stop trying to control everything and let go. The system or power that I find myself fighting against is a pointless endeavor that only breeds negativity. I need to learn how to forgive people and love them even if they are fucked up because they can't help what they be. Everything is what it is and I need to learn how to accept it. It sucks that I had to visit the 9th circle of hell to see this but I understand why it was necessary.

I haven't given up on this and I really love what mushrooms are doing for me because they are really helping me to understand and find the answers I'm looking for. So my only question on this is what are your thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: aciddrop] * 1
    #20504286 - 09/01/14 12:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

It's not a bad trip, but a learning experience. Much love, and light.My opinion though, you went into this trip
with a bad mindset. You never trip when you've had a bad week, unless you are trying to solve problems.
You just need to let go. Learn to meditate if you have not all ready. Don't try so hard, don't fight, just be.

Either you let the mushrooms hold your hand, or you fight back, and they drag you around. It's as if they
put your problems on a silver platter, and force feed them to you. These are def not an escape, If you want
an escape, go smoke some bud, or take a benzo to relax. Not trip. Tripping will teach you things, okay?

I hope you learned something, and i hope your next trip is beautiful.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: aciddrop]
    #20504294 - 09/01/14 12:58 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't read the OP yet, but to answer the title

Its a eerie feeling isn't it..

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: SunnyD]
    #20504323 - 09/01/14 01:15 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've had a good time on like 6 grams of mushrooms and a horrible trip on a half eighth. Definitely set and setting.

--------------------

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: whatsgrimace] * 1
    #20504329 - 09/01/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah mindset, and setting is everything. Also every trip is different, remember that.
Don't ever try to recreate a trip that you had last. and remember to go with the flow.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: whatsgrimace] * 1
    #20504331 - 09/01/14 01:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

SET N SETTING is by far the most important factor, me thinks

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: whatsgrimace]
    #20504352 - 09/01/14 01:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

dude just got down from a 5 tab acid trip (okay acid at that, OK, not bomb, not bunk.) after a break up of 2 years. of me trying to change myself for this girl

forcing myself into something that deep down i may not be ready for because i dont know who i am yet. I am looking at it this way. I gave up all the progress I made in the gym to try to better myself for someone else. I no longer have to fake that. I dont know what I want out of life yet. sorry im 23 for christ sake. i can have my body back, the people i alienated to make someone else happy no matter if i had beef with them, like ex girlfriends from long ago who are chill as friends when you know them as just friends

no more hiding my politcal views around her family, hiding my spiritual views when asked around them. i bawled for hours tonight and laughed for hours. Craziest I have been. Like the emotional trigger of high low high low has made me feel literally insane.

i have my freedom back though now man, freedom to be me as i am. and deep down in the sad, the heart ache, the feeling of abandonment by someone you gave so much for. my message here to you is, there is always bad in the good. it took a bad trip for me to somehow realize I have been confined caged domesticated for 2 fucking years man. 2 years of what could be enjoyment. There is always light in a bad trip man. Listen there is a message somewhere in there.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Mescalean] * 1
    #20504371 - 09/01/14 01:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yah man I've literally been tripping for 16 years now and never once had a bad trip even with heroic doses of all kinds of chems. Mind set and setting and the people your with are a very large factor in how things turn out. This is a good lesson learned early!

Take a break and get back to baseline (however long that takes) an get back into psychs but be more aware of what's goin on in the future! Your gonna be fine!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

OfflineMescalean

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Rewindicus] * 1
    #20504384 - 09/01/14 01:43 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Bad trips can be beneficial though </3 as sad as they are

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Mescalean]
    #20504405 - 09/01/14 01:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If the only thing you have to regret is you ate mushrooms:shrug:

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Konyap]
    #20504411 - 09/01/14 02:00 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt read this thread
but
im glad you had a bad trip
we need them when they come
they happen for a reason

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineMescalean

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #20504461 - 09/01/14 02:28 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

mine happened for a reason fuck that bitch and trying to make me conform my beliefs, my views, what i love who I am to what she wants now, fuck her haaaaaarrrrdddd with a kniiiiiiffffeeee. I am free. heart broken, betrayed, but i feel so fucking free that the only way i can describe it is "tranquility"

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: aciddrop]
    #20504477 - 09/01/14 02:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Some comments:

-I wouldn't play games peaking if I were you, you can play games whenever you want, why use your tripping experience playing games?

-If you feel bad sober, or you have things bothering you, don't trip. Tripping will take all your thoughts and amplify them, often time making you more obsess about things as well if its serious.

-When you feel negative thoughts, talk to your partner. It isn't a bad idea to have a trip sitter who will talk positive to you if you are inexperienced like you are. As easy as it is to fall into a bad loop, it can be the same for a good loop.

Just try and take the experience as it is, an experience. You'll always be fine, sometimes you just have to let it flow.

Offlineaciddrop
Lich King
Male

Loc: Hell
Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Uzziel]
    #20504705 - 09/01/14 04:47 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.On another note I think I know why the mushrooms hit me so hard as well. I was drinking lemon gatorade when I ate them. Lol. Regardless of how scary the experience was, I still came away from it with valuable insight. I'm really thankful that I learned all of this about myself.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#20504933 - 09/01/14 07:41 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah unlike other drugs tripping kind of makes you do the hardwork when it comes to happiness. It shows you it's there and that it can be achieved, but it won't just take you to it every time you ingest a mushroom. You really have to work for it

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: JacksonMetaller] * 1
    #20504965 - 09/01/14 07:51 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

kinda funny. outta all my trips, ive only had one bad trip and that was my second time ever tripping, also on shrooms

but yeah, that trip will show you how not to have a bad trip. if ur thinkin bad thoughts, go outside and take a walk or put some music on and zone out

music always helps a lot

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Bassfreak]
    #20505022 - 09/01/14 08:13 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm actually kinda wigging out myself right now. Wouldn't call it a bad trip but it had it's moments of extreme discomfort and I'm just chilling on the hammock patiently waiting for this mess to pass

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: JacksonMetaller] * 1
    #20505111 - 09/01/14 08:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

just put on some tunes, smoke a bowl and chill out

its all in your head

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#20505184 - 09/01/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

First of all, OP. :hug:

Secondly, I know the feeling, trust me. I went through a time where I though I was immune to bad trips, I used to make fun of people who spoke about them. :loldongs:

I've had trips so bad that I've literally wanted to commit suicide in the midst of it, and I mean that literally. Like, if I had a shotgun I'd have been pretty damn close, or possibly have done it. My insecurities came out so fucking hard that I couldn't bear to discover that this is the person I am, I realized I hate everything about myself, and others hate everything about me. Trust me dude, tripping is not something to fuck around with, it can be disastrous.

The thing is, once you have your first bad trip, now you are vulnerable for them to happen any time, and every trip from here on out will be a total roll of the dice. It sucks, but it is what it is. It's a good thing really, makes you choose more carefully when to trip.

I'll be honest though, I've gone into trips in a GREAT mood, and STILL had horribly negative trips, it's really just a gamble man, sometimes we have shit lingering up in our heads that we aren't even aware of. Once those "feels" start happening, an intense fleeing of dread pours into my body and soul and I just feel like life is doomed in every single way.

You'll be fine OP, it sounds like you discovered something about yourself, now the key is applying it. Nobody said life was easy, and the best we can do is try and make sense of this Goddamn ball of confusion.

You're going to be okay, trust me. :hug:

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Coming back from my first bad trip. [Re: Bassfreak]
    #20505292 - 09/01/14 09:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
just put on some tunes, smoke a bowl and chill out

its all in your head

I know been there done that many times but I'm on a weed break so I figured I wouldn't cave and would just suck it up. I blame 5-meo-mipt. Worst drug I've ever taken

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom