Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
BRF cake fully colonized..?
    #20439059 - 08/18/14 07:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

About two days ago from today i took out took my cakes out. I cold shocked them, dunk and rolled 'em and placed 'em in my SG FC yesterday. Up until now i havent seen any signs of pinning. Should I be worried at all? I feel as if i may have took them out of the jars too early. In my eyes, they look as if they were fully colonized and ready for pinning/birth. If i took them out too early, is there any way i can save these precious cakes?

--------------------
Seeking Higher Knowledge. Inner Vision. Herbs is our only cure.:mushroom2:javascript:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: El_Captaino]
    #20439069 - 08/18/14 07:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Cold shocking does nothing for cubes.

Jars/bags/tubs/trays should colonize @ room temperature getting ambient/indirect light.

Main pinning triggers are full colonization, FAE and Evaporation off of the substrate.

Light is a secondary pinning trigger. For tropical species temperature is not a pinning factor.

P. Cubensis are a tropical species. You could colonize at 70F and fruit at 80F with great results.

Light has been proven beneficial during all stages of mycellium growth. Mushrooms like mammals have a circadian rhythm.

You want ambient/indirect light(on a 12/12 schedule preferably) for colonization and consolidation.

You want direct/intense 6500K light on a 12/12 schedule for fruiting.

Optimal temps are mid 70s throughout the whole grow, but anywhere from 65F-80F is acceptable.

Incubation is outdated/uneeded unless temps in the range stated above cannot be kept.

The inside of the jar is always a few degrees warmer than the outside because the mycellium produces heat..mycellium tends to stall at temps above 86F , and contams thrive.

Fruiting at cooler temps tends to produce denser, meatier fruits, while fruiting at higher temps will often produce hollow, less dense stems.

All that being said, did you let them consolidate for a full week after full colonization before birthing?

How often do you mist/fan the cakes?

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: PussyFart]
    #20439175 - 08/18/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Cold shocking does nothing for cubes.

Jars/bags/tubs/trays should colonize @ room temperature getting ambient/indirect light.

Main pinning triggers are full colonization, FAE and Evaporation off of the substrate.

Light is a secondary pinning trigger. For tropical species temperature is not a pinning factor.

P. Cubensis are a tropical species. You could colonize at 70F and fruit at 80F with great results.

Light has been proven beneficial during all stages of mycellium growth. Mushrooms like mammals have a circadian rhythm.

You want ambient/indirect light(on a 12/12 schedule preferably) for colonization and consolidation.

You want direct/intense 6500K light on a 12/12 schedule for fruiting.

Optimal temps are mid 70s throughout the whole grow, but anywhere from 65F-80F is acceptable.

Incubation is outdated/uneeded unless temps in the range stated above cannot be kept.

The inside of the jar is always a few degrees warmer than the outside because the mycellium produces heat..mycellium tends to stall at temps above 86F , and contams thrive.

Fruiting at cooler temps tends to produce denser, meatier fruits, while fruiting at higher temps will often produce hollow, less dense stems.

All that being said, did you let them consolidate for a full week after full colonization before birthing?

How often do you mist/fan the cakes?

I let them consolidate for about a little less than a week, and ive

been misting and fanning for about once or twice every hour, so

essentially it hasnt even been a full 24 hours since i took them out

of the jars.

--------------------
Seeking Higher Knowledge. Inner Vision. Herbs is our only cure.:mushroom2:javascript:

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #20439259 - 08/18/14 07:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

El_Captaino said:

of the jars.

Mist the cakes(not the walls of the chamber) 2-3 times a day....not an hour.....and give it a week before you start worrying.

Edited by PussyFart (08/18/14 07:44 PM)

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
    #20439267 - 08/18/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

El_Captaino said:

of the jars.

Mist the cakes(not the walls of the chamber) 2-3 times a day....not an hour.....and give it a week before you start worrying.

Okay cool, i will check back in within a week thanks dude!!

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #20439460 - 08/18/14 08:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Read the first link in my signature while you wait, it will get you back into this decade of mushroom growing.

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20464137 - 08/23/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Read the first link in my signature while you wait, it will get you back into this decade of mushroom growing.

Thanks dude! i found this very helpful.. But my cakes still hasn't pinned except for one. The cakes seem to be devouring away at the verm provided by the dunk and roll, but no sign of pinning.

--------------------

Edited by El_Captaino (08/23/14 11:36 AM)

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
    #20478601 - 08/26/14 09:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

El_Captaino said:

of the jars.

Hey so u were right ! Took seven days for them to finally pin haha I thank you !

I got one more question, I've been doing my research on this forum "best way to avoid aborts" and I'm getting mixed reviews some say spray indirectly on mushrooms, some say spray the sides, and some say do not spray at all ! Can anyone clear this up for me ?

--------------------

Offlineel-legesh
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#20478639 - 08/26/14 09:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

In my humble opinion your gonna get aborts no matter what you do the only way seems tome to cut down on a huge amount of aborts is good fae and good substrate

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: el-legesh]
    #20478715 - 08/26/14 10:10 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

best way to avoid aborts is to

1: have enough moisture in the cake
2: dont let the fruits stand wet for longer periods.
3: fae fae fae.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: spacechildo]
    #20480127 - 08/26/14 04:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

you can and do spray the mushrooms directly, not for all species, but p.cube get's direct misting. you mist the cake the whole thing don't try to avoid the mushrooms, the FAE will dry your fruits off before they get rot/bacterial splotch from being wet, or else your FAE is fucked.

Aborts are either because of not enough moisture, or the substrate made too many pins to support, or in rare cases trauma to the fruit body but you really have to touch it and fuck with it to abort it.

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
Re: BRF cake fully colonized..? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20483576 - 08/27/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
you can and do spray the mushrooms directly, not for all species, but p.cube get's direct misting. you mist the cake the whole thing don't try to avoid the mushrooms, the FAE will dry your fruits off before they get rot/bacterial splotch from being wet, or else your FAE is fucked.

Aborts are either because of not enough moisture, or the substrate made too many pins to support, or in rare cases trauma to the fruit body but you really have to touch it and fuck with it to abort it.

Okay cool I've been spraying over the cake and let the water spots land on the fruits. Here see some pictures !! I got the Costa rica Pura vida ( pure life!) Strain.

So the pic with the young growth, I took the picture in the morning, then took the picture at night and ended up with grown ones ! So does this strain get any bigger or does this strain stay relatively at this size ? Either way I'm proud of these fruits. Proud to say my first good batch !

I'm kinda curious what you guys would suggest for the fruits that grew head growing towards the ground

--------------------

OfflineEl_Captaino
Mister Get To Know It!
 User Gallery
    #20483600 - 08/27/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Also I do not spray much, just once yesterday morning because I wasn't home all day. And when I got home I sprayed and fanned em down.

I also see some aborts, do I pull those off immediately ?

--------------------

Edited by El_Captaino (08/27/14 11:10 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck